Link to "I Have A Dream", by Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 11:25 am

Due to copyright constraints imposed by the estate of Martin Luther King, jr., I cannot legally post the text of his "I Have A Dream" speech here, but apparently Newsweek has obtained the permission to do so on their website, along with a video of that same speech.

Please watch the video and read the speech. It is an important part of American history, and a milestone in the American civil rights movement.

Link:
  "I Have A Dream"

Thank you.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 1:11 pm

Thank you Fnord for posting that.

"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller

salad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Due to copyright constraints imposed by the estate of Martin Luther King, jr., I cannot legally post the text of his "I Have A Dream" speech here, but apparently Newsweek has obtained the permission to do so on their website, along with a video of that same speech.

Please watch the video and read the speech. It is an important part of American history, and a milestone in the American civil rights movement.

Link:
  "I Have A Dream"

Thank you.

God bless MLK for all of his perseverance, hard work and faith to keep on believing in the good of all of mankind and the power of the Spiritual Light to transform a nation engulfed in the darkness of racism to one day bask in the light of tolerance and racial harmony. I may not be a Christian but MLK was probably one of the few Christians who truly embodied the love that Jesus Christ was revered for in the Bible, and he made me see Christianity not the monopoly of those twisted perverts who use religion for worldly gain but as a potential source of good and true Agape, or love, that can connect mankind together and allow others to connect with one another not on bonds of hate but love.

RIP to one of the greatest American icons.

Master Oogway

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 9:53 am

You're welcome.

Here is a link to Dr. King's "I Have Been To the Mountaintop" speech, which he gave on the day before he was assassinated:

Link:
"I Have Been To the Mountaintop"

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)