Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 2:54 pm

President Trump's tweet in Farsi expressing support for Iranians protesting Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has already earned over 200,000 likes, making it the "most liked Persian tweet" in the social media giant's history, according to a leading think tank adviser.

On Saturday, protesters in the country called upon Khamenei to step down after Iran admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner on which dozens of Iranian citizens were traveling. That evening, the president sent out a tweet in Farsi, saying that he stands with their efforts.

“To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote.

ایستاده‌ام و دولت من همچنان با شما خواهد ایستاد. ما اعتراضات شما را از نزدیک دنبال می کنیم. شجاعت شما الهام بخش است.

After just one hour, the tweet had received over 100,000 likes and has since more than doubled that number.

"This tweet by @realDonaldTrump with more than 100k likes is already the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter," Saeed Ghasseminejad, senior adviser and financial economist at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, claimed. "A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the Main Stream Media does not and will not report."

Source: Trump sends 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm

^This is a Fake Trump Tweet.^

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 3:28 pm

Link to the tweet.

It currently has 361,810 likes.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 5:46 pm

Didn't that accident likely happen because Trump stoked conflict? He said that he was going to destroy Iranian cultural sites that were important to the people, and now he is claiming to support them?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 5:55 pm

Final Intentional Cause: The Iranian defense system is at fault for shooting down the plane. If you want to seek out "First Cause", then you have to go all the way back to when the whole universe was in a hot dense state, without stopping anywhere in between. If you do, then you must also blame the manufacturer of the condom that broke when Donald Trump's father tried to use it because someone at the factory used cheap materials.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)