Page 1 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:47 am

Mountain Goat may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "seeing the spiritual realm" isn't necessarily about visual sightings of angels or devils, and it isn't necessarily about religion.

In my case and that of many other autistic people, I'm highly intuitive and psychic, for lack of a better word. I can't do it at will and of course I wouldn't go about reading people's futures or calling myself a fortune-teller. I believe most of that is fake. I've always had spontaneous flashes of insight about things that have yet to happen, sometimes with alarming accuracy. When I was five I dreamed the entire story of Jane Eyre over a period of a few nights, and I had never been exposed to the story at all. I've seen a ghost (there's no other explanation whatsoever), and a few strange things have happened in my life that seem paranormal. I also have synaesthesia and I'm very sensitive to intuition.

I consider myself "normal". I don't think much about this part of my life because it's just the way I am, and I'm accustomed to the way I interpret the world.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

@Isabella: yep you gave an impression of a very spiritually sensitive person definitely. I am not sure if i am as intuitive as you are but i do tarot readings as well and more often than not they are really accurate.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:56 am

AprilR wrote:
@Isabella: yep you gave an impression of a very spiritually sensitive person definitely. I am not sure if i am as intuitive as you are but i do tarot readings as well and more often than not they are really accurate.

I'm still at my friend's house. He's really into Tarot and made me sleep on the cards all week. lol. He'll do a reading tonight for fun and I'll let you know how it goes. I don't believe it, but it's a fun little tradition we have.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
AprilR wrote:

I'm still at my friend's house. He's really into Tarot and made me sleep on the cards all week. lol. He'll do a reading tonight for fun and I'll let you know how it goes. I don't believe it, but it's a fun little tradition we have.

Ahh i'm really curious! Unless it has "tower" in your reading all will be fine, don't worry! (hope i'm not jinxing it lol) I wish i could do a reading with you too, it's really fun!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:02 pm

AprilR wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
AprilR wrote:

Ahh i'm really curious! Unless it has "tower" in your reading all will be fine, don't worry! (hope i'm not jinxing it lol) I wish i could do a reading with you too, it's really fun!

I remember something about a lady with cups. lol. I usually get her as my main symbol.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm

^ Lady of cups fits you very well, she might as well be the card that is your archtype! She symbolizes a woman that is compassionate, nurturing and intuitive.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:14 pm

I could be wrong, but it seems this thread is all about western ideas. My limited knowledge of Thai culture is ghosts are very much a part of everyday life and influence how one behaves in this world.

back to the western world, the fact that some medications eliminate visions is not proof the visions were not real. Medications can change all kinds of human reality.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:15 pm

blazingstar wrote:
I could be wrong, but it seems this thread is all about western ideas. My limited knowledge of Thai culture is ghosts are very much a part of everyday life and influence how one behaves in this world.

back to the western world, the fact that some medications eliminate visions is not proof the visions were not real. Medications can change all kinds of human reality.

Very well put, Blaze. :heart:

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:27 pm

blazingstar wrote:

Yes, from what i know also this is true about eastern cultures. In japanese and korean culture also talking about ghosts/curses is considered a very serious issue.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 12:30 pm

Threads like these remind me of how much I need to learn about people or at least learn to accept.

Most conversation is just a sport, especially on hot topics, and if people wanted more accurate lenses ranging from politics to philosophy why bother talking to someone on a forum - they could just Google it themselves, they don't need me for that. This is supposed to be about competition, feelings, and to keep a good participation rate the bar has to be set where everyone can play.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 1:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/708331.Autism_and_Sensing

This is a really interesting book on the topic of autism and our heightened perceptual sensitivity.

This is a strange conversation. I will throw my 2 cents in.

The book summary reads, "Expanding on themes of her previous book, Autism: An Inside-Out Approach, Donna Williams explains how the senses of a person with autism work, suggesting that they are 'stuck' at an early development stage common to everyone. She calls this the system of sensing, claiming that most people move on to the system of interpretation which enables them to make sense of the world. In doing so, as well as gaining the means of coping with the world, they lose various abilities which people with autism retain."

"They [autistics] are 'stuck' at an early [childhood] development stage." I can agree with that. jimmy m. has the attributes of a 5 year old in childhood development. The world I live in is a world of great wonder.

They have a special system of sensing that dissolves away for most NTs as they move up the childhood development stages.

In part, Aspies have a different brain structure. It has many more interconnects than those found in the brain of an NT. I feel that the way our brains are wired actually acts a little like an antenna. There is a strange government funded program called SETI. SETI stands for the "search for extraterrestrial intelligence". The program monitors electromagnetic radiation for signs of transmissions from civilizations on other planets. From my perspective Aspies already have a built in communication channel to the spiritual world.

There may be one other factor that plays into this, which is the physical act of dying. When I was very young I was kicked in the head by a thousand pound bull and knock unconscious. I had a near death experience at a young age for many hours. I stood at death's door for a while.

One study reported:
Sixty percent of those who reported having had near-death experiences also reported at least one occurrence of their REM sleep state intruding into their awakened state, compared with only 24% of those without near-death experiences.
Experiences most frequently reported by participants in their study included: abnormal time perception (87%), exceptional speed of thought (65%), exceptionally vivid senses (63%) and feeling separated from, or out of their body (53%).

I find it easy to maintain both states (awake and REM) simultaneous. Generally speaking the REM state is very fast and it probably accounts for the perception of "exceptional speed of thought" and "abnormal time perception". In the computer world, it is like having two co-processors operating simultaneously. In this case one is extremely fast (REM) and the other (the awake state) very slow. So I can understand why someone might describe it as an out-of-body-experience. I wonder if the term "exceptional vivid senses" might actually be "one additional sense".

Interacting in the spiritual world can hold great conflict for Aspies. One must have a purity of heart and the ability to sense true deception, wisdom. Also one must be able to stare death right between the eyes and not flinch.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 1:33 pm

I used to kind of think so, but now I figure it was just my brain...playing tricks.

Well except for the UFO's I saw, but IDK how that really ties in...I suspect anyone could see one if it was there. I saw 4 once I don't know what they are and I haven't found any info on what it could have been but I know I saw it, because two other people saw it to.

Could be some sort of natural phenomena but I don't know of any that causes things that look like that, in some places I have described them people have thought maybe drones...but I don't know of any drones that look like little comets floating around and blinking so I don't think so. Seems not a ton of people witnessed them, but they could have been kind of easy to miss as they weren't very large.

Also I suppose there is the mental phenomena where a person may not see what is actually there, if its too jarring. So if say some kind of alien space craft that was just too much for people to handle visited earth...many people may not see it or they would see something less jarring in its place.

But I've always figured aliens would either be physical beings or perhaps interdimensional(if other dimensions even exist) but not spiritual beings like ghosts, demons, angels, wraiths ect. I am certainly more skeptical of the latter than I am of aliens.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 2:39 pm

WHAT”spiritual realm”?

:?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 3:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
WHAT”spiritual realm”?

You know; the spiritual realm.

The place that spirits come from.

Scotland!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 3:24 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
You know; the spiritual realm.

The place that spirits come from.

Scotland!

Not Scotland, my shed. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
WHAT”spiritual realm”?

Don't despair. In some people it is so ingrained they remain unaware. You may be one of those people.

@Isabella, thank you.