Corona makes me feel that humanity has it all wrong

Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:24 pm

Why can't people celebrate life and get along with each other above all our different religions and political views? I think the Corona virus is very humbling, we are destroying nature and nature is showing us who's really in charge. We have been given so much and all we do is destroy the planet and each other. This is a wake up call from nature to start to appreciate what we take for granted. We are so arrogant, why are we so stupid ? As we approach Passover, it feels like the entire world is going through the Plagues of Egypt.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:32 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Why can't people celebrate life and get along with each other above all our different religions and political views?
Because we have different ideologies; possibly as many ideologies as there are people on this planet. If we all believed the exact same ideology, then we would all behave the exact same way.
Teach51 wrote:
I think the Corona virus is very humbling, we are destroying nature and nature is showing us who's really in charge. We have been given so much and all we do is destroy the planet and each other. This is a wake up call from nature to start to appreciate what we take for granted.
"Nature" is not a conscious, willful being, so it can neither show us anything nor give us a wakeup call.
Teach51 wrote:
We are so arrogant, why are we so stupid?
What do you mean by "We"? Contrary to popular belief, I am not "stupid".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:37 pm

No-one thinks you are stupid Fnord :D

According to my belief nature is God.
No reason why people can't think differently and still love each other. I'm very fond of you and you think my views are unfounded and unprovable, even silly. Still think you are cute.

"We" meaning humanity. You are part of humanity.

Edit: We, humanity, are arrogant and stupid, with the exception of Fnord.

Last edited by Teach51 on 04 Mar 2020, 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:39 pm

Nature (God) The Force of All 'Celebrates Balance'; Sadly, Currently,
Human Beings Celebrate Taking, Greed, and Hoarding...
The Law is Balance...
The Change is Nature...
The Balance is the Change
of Nature That Always Comes Next;
Where Does that Leave Humans out of
Balance With the Rest of Nature; Well,
With or Without the Money, the Stuff,
the Taking, Greed, and Hoarding out
of Balance Means Misery And Suffering
For What ever Species Decides to Do the Truly 'Insane';
Going Against
the Nature
of what
is Balance
And The Change
That Will Naturally Come Next...
Currently, it is Climate Change and
the Potential of 'Darker Viruses' yet to be even
Seen as Nature Will Bring Back Balance With Change...
Meanwhile, i'm gonna Dance And Sing to Keep the Balance i am...
A Key is While Humanity May Have it Wrong; Which only a 'Real Fool' Will Miss by Now; Yet,
An Individual Will Find a Way to Find the Balance And Keep the Change For The Greater Now.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:41 pm

I am in no way convinced that this virus' origin was completely organic and naturally spontaneous. I think it's entirely reasonable to suspect and question its origin and more specifically suspect that it could have been modified by the Chinese. Yes, humans not getting along sucks. It's more than sad, it's pathetic and shameful.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:42 pm

Origens ... schmorigens ... The only thing that matters right now is what we do about it.

Assigning blame cures no-one.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
Origens ... schmorigens ... The only thing that matters right now is what we do about it.

Assigning blame cures no-one.

It's not a cure, but if there is blame to assign than it should be assigned. The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that one exists. I'm not saying that China is the only country with bioweapon R&D. However, IF it was man made, the world should know this. The world's countries should form a treaty on agreeing that some things shouldn't be messed with to the benefit of monsters and at the detriment of innocent people.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:00 pm

Well I believe that there is a purpose for creation and that nothing is random. We have a purpose, when there is disharmony in humanity it reflects, is mirrored in nature. Just as a rogue cell in the body causes cancer and disrupts homeostasis. If we overcome our differences then nature will heal. "The lion will lay down with the lamb." Nature is an integral, interconnected system and humanity is part of it, we are the rogue cells.

Last edited by Teach51 on 04 Mar 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:03 pm

Magna wrote:
It's not a cure, but if there is blame to assign than it should be assigned.
Why?
Magna wrote:
The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that one exists.
Recognizing the problem is different from assigning blame -- you can solve problems without knowing who is at fault.
Magna wrote:
I'm not saying that China is the only country with bioweapon R&D.
Good. There is no point in mentioning it.
Magna wrote:
However, IF it was man made, the world should know this.
Again, assigning blame does nothing to cure the pandemic.
Magna wrote:
The world's countries should form a treaty on agreeing that some things shouldn't be messed with to the benefit of monsters and at the detriment of innocent people.
Treaties are written to be broken -- ask any Native American or First Nations member.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:06 pm

I'm in the camp of, we have a problem, let's move forward toward a solution. Assigning blame tends to slow the movement toward a solution.

Scientific research will eventually show where it came from.

I'm not entirely sure the development and/or discovery of a new virus is the result of climate change. I would guess that even 100 years ago viruses would become more virulent and kill a bunch of people, but no one outside the location of the "outbreak" would know about it. Now information travels instantly, people live much closer together and travel the world over, exchanging various diseases.

Never the less, some actual compassion and community would go far in healing the divisiveness.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm

This is a philosophical thread not political, and you are proving my point by arguing :D whoever, whatever created the virus it is still bringing our sophisticated, technological arrogant world to it's knees.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:16 pm

So ... now it's prophesy? I can hardly wait ...

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm

Teach51 wrote:
This is a philosophical thread not political, and you are proving my point by arguing :D

:lol:

just passing through minding my own business: quite like humans in general from a safe distance, although they do seem to like squabbling an awful lot.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm

Teach51 wrote:
This is a philosophical thread not political, and you are proving my point by arguing :D whoever, whatever created the virus it is still bringing our sophisticated, technological arrogant world to it's knees.

I'm sorry.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Magna wrote:
It's not a cure, but if there is blame to assign than it should be assigned.
Why?
Magna wrote:
The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that one exists.
Recognizing the problem is different from assigning blame -- you can solve problems without knowing who is at fault.
Magna wrote:
I'm not saying that China is the only country with bioweapon R&D.
Good. There is no point in mentioning it.
Magna wrote:
However, IF it was man made, the world should know this.
Again, assigning blame does nothing to cure the pandemic.
Magna wrote:
The world's countries should form a treaty on agreeing that some things shouldn't be messed with to the benefit of monsters and at the detriment of innocent people.
Treaties are written to be broken -- ask any Native American or First Nations member.

You and I agree that it's important to minimize the impact of this pandemic. We disagree on everything else mentioned which is fine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:27 pm

One of the ways I have of determining which members of my staff get raises and/or promotions is to see which ones solve problems and which one assign blame. The former get rewarded, while the latter eventually find employment elsewhere.