Antifa to be Declared a Terrorist Organization (Finally!)

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

31 May 2020, 2:12 pm

It's about time.

Antifa = Mao's Red Guard = Hilter's Sturmabteilung = Democrats' Ku Klux Klan = Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

31 May 2020, 2:25 pm

Didn't realize they weren't already.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,547
Location: Reading, England

31 May 2020, 2:52 pm

For starters this is a pretty transparent attempt to distract from Trump's own failings on coronavirus and race relations.

More importantly it's a flagrant abuse of power. Only fascists believe that antifascists are terrorists. Has antifa killed anyone? Has antifa committed or planned any acts of terror? No.

Not only is antifa not a terrorist organisation, it's not an organisation at all. It's an ideology which 95% of Americans identify with to one extent or another.

This is full mask-off fascism from Trump. It's a breach of Americans' constitutional right to oppose the government. It's disgusting and it's evil and it's corrupt. It isn't going to stop Trump from losing the election and it isn't going to keep him out of prison.

Fortunately, the justice system in America does not allow the President to label an ideology as "terrorist", nor does it allow him to formally label domestic organisations as terrorist.

This is nothing more or less than an attempt to distract from the issues at hand and fire up the 5% of Americans who support fascism.



roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 706
Location: Indiana

31 May 2020, 3:25 pm

Conservatives are fine with an America where Antifa is labelled terrorists and not the Klan.
Antifa also isn't even an organization really. It's a loose association of people of various left-of-center ideologies without any central leadership.
The Klan on the other hand is very organized and has infiltrated both the police and the courts in this country. Ask anyone from the south who isn't white. The head judge from where my housemate moved in Texas was a Grand Dragon in the Klan. He had a sign outside his home saying so. Everyone there knew this. They either are white and don't care or are not white and know they cannot do anything about it. What are they going to do? Go to the police? Don't make me laugh. Police officer is the career of choice for the white supremacist. It's the best position if you want to kill black people without consequence. And judge is the best position to make sure those men do not face justice.
The white conservative sees no problem with any of that though. Because the Klan's violence does not threaten him or his property.


_________________
Diagnoses: AS, Depression, General & Social Anxiety
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
- Brian Wilson

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν
Those in positions of power do what their power permits, while the weak have no choice but to accept it.

- Thucydides


Last edited by roronoa79 on 31 May 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,796
Location: Illinois

31 May 2020, 3:26 pm

Antifa uses terrorist tactics. They are terrorist organization. That's the truth.


_________________
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms." -- Henry David Thoreau


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

31 May 2020, 3:32 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
For starters this is a pretty transparent attempt to distract from Trump's own failings on coronavirus and race relations.

More importantly it's a flagrant abuse of power. Only fascists believe that antifascists are terrorists. Has antifa killed anyone? Has antifa committed or planned any acts of terror? No.

Not only is antifa not a terrorist organisation, it's not an organisation at all. It's an ideology which 95% of Americans identify with to one extent or another.

This is full mask-off fascism from Trump. It's a breach of Americans' constitutional right to oppose the government. It's disgusting and it's evil and it's corrupt. It isn't going to stop Trump from losing the election and it isn't going to keep him out of prison.

Fortunately, the justice system in America does not allow the President to label an ideology as "terrorist", nor does it allow him to formally label domestic organisations as terrorist.

This is nothing more or less than an attempt to distract from the issues at hand and fire up the 5% of Americans who support fascism.
I would agree that far left politics are not terrorist but Antifa is factually known to be violent,there is a huge difference between the average far left organization and Antifa.They don't deny there violent,I'm not sure Antifa would even dispute they are terrorist.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

31 May 2020, 3:44 pm

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,547
Location: Reading, England

31 May 2020, 3:47 pm

Again, there isn't really such thing as "antifa". This isn't an organisation with leaders, this is an extremely loose coalition of anyone opposed to fascism. While some active antifascists hold extreme views like anti-capitalism, holding extreme views does not make you a terrorist. Most active antifascists are just ordinary Americans who don't hold any extreme views.

It seems like you're being very cavalier with words when you compare ordinary Americans to al-Qaeda and ISIS. Have Antifa hijacked any planes? Blown up any trains? Held any public beheadings? It's completely disrespectful to the victims of terrorism to say that ordinary Americans holding peaceful protests are the same as ISIS.

The United States has a serious ongoing problem with white supremacist terrorism. Trump has not recognised any white supremacist groups as terrorist organisations. I think that under present US law that is right as the president cannot recognise domestic groups as terrorists. But now he's claiming that a bunch of harmless ordinary Americans are terrorists just because they oppose him? This is fascism, plain and simple.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

31 May 2020, 4:17 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
For starters this is a pretty transparent attempt to distract from Trump's own failings on coronavirus and race relations.

More importantly it's a flagrant abuse of power. Only fascists believe that antifascists are terrorists. Has antifa killed anyone? Has antifa committed or planned any acts of terror? No.

Not only is antifa not a terrorist organisation, it's not an organisation at all. It's an ideology which 95% of Americans identify with to one extent or another.

This is full mask-off fascism from Trump. It's a breach of Americans' constitutional right to oppose the government. It's disgusting and it's evil and it's corrupt. It isn't going to stop Trump from losing the election and it isn't going to keep him out of prison.

Fortunately, the justice system in America does not allow the President to label an ideology as "terrorist", nor does it allow him to formally label domestic organisations as terrorist.

This is nothing more or less than an attempt to distract from the issues at hand and fire up the 5% of Americans who support fascism.

They’re as anti facist as the democratic republic of North Korea is a democracy and a republic. And nazies were socialists for the poor and working class.

Bad groups often use nice sounding names so they can fool people.


_________________
There is no place for me in the world. I'm going into the wilderness, probably to die


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

31 May 2020, 4:23 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Again, there isn't really such thing as "antifa". This isn't an organisation with leaders, this is an extremely loose coalition of anyone opposed to fascism. While some active antifascists hold extreme views like anti-capitalism, holding extreme views does not make you a terrorist. Most active antifascists are just ordinary Americans who don't hold any extreme views.

It seems like you're being very cavalier with words when you compare ordinary Americans to al-Qaeda and ISIS. Have Antifa hijacked any planes? Blown up any trains? Held any public beheadings? It's completely disrespectful to the victims of terrorism to say that ordinary Americans holding peaceful protests are the same as ISIS.

The United States has a serious ongoing problem with white supremacist terrorism. Trump has not recognised any white supremacist groups as terrorist organisations. I think that under present US law that is right as the president cannot recognise domestic groups as terrorists. But now he's claiming that a bunch of harmless ordinary Americans are terrorists just because they oppose him? This is fascism, plain and simple.


So like every single terrorist organization. This is called cells. See organized groups can be taken out and used against each other without organization it’s harder to do so. Still they use the dark web to organize and communicate otherwise they wouldn’t a Know what cities and where to show up at and when.


_________________
There is no place for me in the world. I'm going into the wilderness, probably to die


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

31 May 2020, 4:25 pm

Terrorist groups have always had apologists. The Nazis had apologists ("it's just a political party"), the Maoists had apologists ("it's necessary to advance progress"), the Klan had apologists ("it's just ethnic solidarity") — and in the same way, the Antifa terrorists have their apologists today.


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

31 May 2020, 4:26 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Again, there isn't really such thing as "antifa". This isn't an organisation with leaders, this is an extremely loose coalition of anyone opposed to fascism. While some active antifascists hold extreme views like anti-capitalism, holding extreme views does not make you a terrorist. Most active antifascists are just ordinary Americans who don't hold any extreme views.

It seems like you're being very cavalier with words when you compare ordinary Americans to al-Qaeda and ISIS. Have Antifa hijacked any planes? Blown up any trains? Held any public beheadings? It's completely disrespectful to the victims of terrorism to say that ordinary Americans holding peaceful protests are the same as ISIS.

The United States has a serious ongoing problem with white supremacist terrorism. Trump has not recognised any white supremacist groups as terrorist organisations. I think that under present US law that is right as the president cannot recognise domestic groups as terrorists. But now he's claiming that a bunch of harmless ordinary Americans are terrorists just because they oppose him? This is fascism, plain and simple.


I don’t think you understand what terrorist are.


_________________
There is no place for me in the world. I'm going into the wilderness, probably to die


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

31 May 2020, 4:31 pm

Darmok wrote:
Terrorist groups have always had apologists. The Nazis had apologists ("it's just a political party"), the Maoists had apologists ("it's necessary to advance progress"), the Klan had apologists ("it's just ethnic solidarity") — and in the same way, the Antifa terrorists have their apologists today.

A lot of people support isis. It’s another good sounding group name.
I’m sure al-qaeda name is good sounding in their language after all they were just fighting for Muslim freedom from the evil west. And isis was just trying to form a free Muslim country.
The ira just wanted Irish freedom from england.
Every single terrorist group sees themselves as the good guys fighting the real bad guys.
Mean from North Korea’s view the USA is a world domination group and they just fighting to free us all fro, the USA. Japan took over countries and killed millions to free them from the Europeans. Soviets killed millions to bring about socialism and again free the world from Capitalist and the west. China is still doing this.
Every bad thing they do is righteous


_________________
There is no place for me in the world. I'm going into the wilderness, probably to die


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,547
Location: Houston, Texas

31 May 2020, 5:04 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Again, there isn't really such thing as "antifa". This isn't an organisation with leaders, this is an extremely loose coalition of anyone opposed to fascism. While some active antifascists hold extreme views like anti-capitalism, holding extreme views does not make you a terrorist. Most active antifascists are just ordinary Americans who don't hold any extreme views.

It seems like you're being very cavalier with words when you compare ordinary Americans to al-Qaeda and ISIS. Have Antifa hijacked any planes? Blown up any trains? Held any public beheadings? It's completely disrespectful to the victims of terrorism to say that ordinary Americans holding peaceful protests are the same as ISIS.

The United States has a serious ongoing problem with white supremacist terrorism. Trump has not recognised any white supremacist groups as terrorist organisations. I think that under present US law that is right as the president cannot recognise domestic groups as terrorists. But now he's claiming that a bunch of harmless ordinary Americans are terrorists just because they oppose him? This is fascism, plain and simple.


When most people say “Antifa”, they’re referring specifically to the far-left anarchists.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 1 Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,440

31 May 2020, 5:10 pm

Anarchy is the same as terror--but when a government goes evil, then that evil element is also terror. The three cops who didn't choke George Floyd are as part of his death as the one who did, but the cops in Flint who joined a *peaceful* protest (no looting that Ive heard of yet) are probably doing a great job upholding public peace by that action there.

Yes, I think Antifa being labeled terrorists is a good thing. Now we can please start on anyone else who seeks to hold power through intimidation, socialists or republicans alike. I don't care if it's Antifa or the cops. Same difference in this case. There is no "good side" but there are good individuals, though for the last few weeks there sure aren't many of the good ones making the news.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 134 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,178
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

31 May 2020, 5:43 pm

Double standard