Why Do Trump Supporters Act Like His Election Is Certain?

Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:05 pm

Biden in 1991 is very similar to Biden in 2020—except for physical looks.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:25 pm

Biden says weird things.

Like, when talking to kids, he starts talking about how kids like to rub his blonde hairy legs.

How he loves kids jumping on his lap.

Hint , hint to any kids in the audience. :) :)

@ time 6:50

Be the hero of your life.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden in 1991 is very similar to Biden in 2020—except for physical looks.
Biden was more professional when he was chairmen of the judiciary committee,once he became vice-president the power made him whacky and he got more crazy and twisted in the head.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 1:04 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
You are of course free to believe that, but a speech impediment does not cause the sort of things we've seen from Biden.

We have seen Trump struggling to walk down a gentle slope in the past few days.

Neither of these guys are getting any younger

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 1:07 pm

... and, once again, ableism rears its ugly head...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:56 pm

Overconfidence.
The same reason Hillary supporters (and most pundits) were confident $hillary would become America's president in 2016.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:19 pm

It's a media ploy to encourage the left to vote for the anencephalic molester guy on the braying donkey ticket. None of it really matters though, since both are the same basic nonsense anyway. It's more just to see how well different tactics of manipulation work probably.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:19 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
... anencephalic ...
Evidence, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:23 pm

Hillary was going to win in a landslide in 2016. I will wait for the fat lady to sing in November.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
... anencephalic ...
Evidence, please?

I suspect the term is used as a stand-in for "brainless, rather than referencing the actual condition.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:26 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
... anencephalic ...
Evidence, please?
I suspect the term is used as a stand-in for "brainless, rather than referencing the actual condition.
Oh. Another epithet.  I guess when some people run out of intelligent things of their own to say, they have nothing left to rely upon but innuendo, insult, and profanity.

Carry on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:32 pm

On the internet one always carries the odd "slur" in their armoury :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:39 pm

cyberdad wrote:
On the internet one always carries the odd "slur" in their armoury.
Yeah ... well ... there ought to be a "Geneva Conventions" against things like that.  I mean, it's one thing to slam another person's beliefs, opinions, and unsubstantiable "facts", but it's quite another to impunge the person.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Yeah ... well ... there ought to be a "Geneva Conventions" against things like that.  I mean, it's one thing to slam another person's beliefs, opinions, and unsubstantiable "facts", but it's quite another to impunge the person.

It depends, because some people will act like describing someone as racist or homophobic or similar is insulting them when often it's merely a fair description of a person based on their openly stated beliefs and complaining about feeling insulted is a way to change the focus from whether or not the label is accurate to how the poor bigot's feelings are inflamed.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 7:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Yes but when it comes to right wing Trump enthusiasts I have run out of "superlatives" to describe their destructive obedience to their beliefs.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 7:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It depends, because some people will act like describing someone as racist or homophobic or similar is insulting them when often it's merely a fair description of a person based on their openly stated beliefs and complaining about feeling insulted is a way to change the focus from whether or not the label is accurate to how the poor bigot's feelings are inflamed.

The problem is that not all people who single out one (or a group) of race(s) for better (or worse) treatment\support\services than any other would recognise the inherent racism in this stance, and so would be surprised at being legitimately defined as a racist.