Rant: I firmly condemn BLM and its actions!

Page 1 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

Today is June 22nd, the Feasts of Saints Thomas More and John Fisher, English Martyrs who stood up against the Wicked King Henry XVIII and his divorce and planned schism from Rome. Today, I am also going to stand up and speak out against a movement and the actions it has committed yesterday.

Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged, I logged on here and started up a thread entitled "I DO NOT SUPPORT BLM! D:<," ready to unleash a torrent of retributively provocative phrases in anger. Fortunately, the Grace of God intervened before I could start typing, I cancelled the thread and left, and prayed for the grace to handle this better. I have prayed and slept on this, and now I am ready respond to and condemn this act, in a mature and grown-up manner.

Now many you may be wondering why it was the tearing down of two statues of St. Junipero Serra that got me enraged? Didn't I say that the only two things that would really make me go berserk were blasphemies against Our Lady and whole Catholic Cultures apostatizing? Well, while the sacrilegious tearing down of the statue of a Saint is an outrageous and unacceptable thing in and of itself; it wasn't so much that event that made me furious, as it was that the event was a crossing of the line for me. Throughout these past weeks, I have been irritated and on-edge hearing about BLM down south in the Union. BLM protests have NOT been peaceful; BLM protesters have burned property and looted stores, including those owned by black people; and have also killed people, including civilians of racial minorities. On top of that, there is also a lot more going on that I'm aware of, and many might be aware of, that the mainstream media hasn't been telling the public about.

Yet despite all of that, I had decided not to get involved, to stay silent and focus on other more important things in my life. The BLM riots were happening down south in the Union; there are BLM protests up here in Canada, but as far as I can tell, apart from one riot in Quebec, (and it makes sense that it would happen in Apostate Quebec, but that's a whole other topic for another time.) they've all been fairly peaceful. I identify as a Catholic first, a Canadian of British Columbia second, and a man of Hispanic, British, and Scandinavian heritage third; but ethnically or racial speaking, I might be classified as an Hispanic. I have never, as far as my memory is concerned, experienced racism; my Chilean dad who has dark skin, was once turned back from the Canada-US border, (In my angry rant I was tempted to say yesterday, I actually thought of saying something along the lines of "my dad is a dark-skinned South American from Chile, but I will neither confirm nor deny whether he experienced racism in Canada or the US, because I am determined not to give your movement any affirmation or consolation!") and I have heard stories of indigenous and Portuguese acquaintances being repeatedly pulled over and questioned by the police, while visiting the States; but I myself cannot ever recall experiencing racism myself. So I decided not bother with the BLM controversy because it did not effect me; until the tearing down of the Saint Junipero Serra statues, when those holy statues were torn down then, I did get effected by the BLM controversy, now I am involved.

The Saints are our spiritual ancestors, they are members of our spiritual family. If you can imagine a picture of one your ancestors whom you love and admire, and then imagine an angry mob breaking into your house, grabing that picture and smashing and stomping on it, while calling your ancestor a racist and nazi and the like when you know for a fact that he is not any of those things; then you can understand why the tearing-down of these statues are immoral and unacceptable. On top of that, at least one of the statues, I can't remember if the other one did or not, but at least one of those statues had St. Junipero Serra holding a Cross, the instrument on which God the Son Himself, preformed the Ultimate Act of Love! This symbol of Ultimate Love was desecrated by the protesters, in their act of sacrilege against St. Junipero Serra. Saint Junipero Serra was not, I repeat, not an oppressor of the indigenous peoples of California, in addition to saving their souls, St. Junipero built the Missions, to protect the Indigenous peoples from the threat of exploitation at the hands of the incoming Spanish settlers, he knew were coming. The indigenous peoples suffered genocide at the hands of the Californian Gold Rush, not St. Junipero's Missions.

One more thing in regards to the tearing down of statues in general, if you want to have a civil discussion about whether or not you want a statue removed from a public place, I'm all for that; I may disagree with you depending on what statue it is, but I would respect your desire to do it civilly. When you go out as mob and intend to barbarically tear down and smash a public statue, I'm firmly opposing that! That is not an action worthy of respect. Even if it were Bloody Elizabeth, who had my spiritual ancestors hanged drawn and quartered; I'd want the statued down, and be very tempted to support it's being teared down; but having a mob tear down a statue like that is not the right way to go about it, I pray for the grace not to sink to that level. When they smash statues, they will soon smash people!

So I now declare hostility with BLM and its allies. I oppose BLM because they have attacked my spiritual family, the Catholic Church; I have zero support for this movement because of this. So what am I going to do about it? I'm going to tell every BLM supporter and ally on here what the consequence of all this violence is going to be. For starters there is the fact that the smashing a sacred statue or icon of a Holy One in Heaven, is mortal sin. If one goes through one's life with one mortal sin on his or her soul, and always refuses God's call to repentance and Our Mother of Mercy's intercession for the grace to repent, and thus dies in that state of mortal sin; that person will suffer eternal death in Hell. But in addition to those supernatural consequences, there are also natural consequences to BLM's violence, what are those natural consequences? They say that the worst thing God can do to a person is give that person exactly what he or she wants! BLM wants the police gone, and the police are going, Atlanta police officers are refusing to answer calls, NYPD is threatening to go on strike on the 4th of July, and I've heard stories all over the place of police officers resigning, because they just can't take it anymore. When there are fewer police officers out there to protect you, not only are you more vulnerable to crime, but other people are going to take matters into their own hands. There is going to be armed civilians out there on the streets and in the neighbourhoods, who have none of the strict protocol the police have. Many people are going to shoot first and ask questions later and many of them, not because they racist but because they are stupid, will have little qualms about engaging in racial profiling in the process. Others on the other hand will be real racists, real KKK members and white supremacists; these people will now have free range, thanks to the lack COPs on the streets to protect ethnic minorities from them. These are the consequences of the actions of BLM and its allies, I would like everyone reading this to pause for a moment, consider very well these consequences, and where the Union and the rest of the Apostate West is headed.

As for me, I'm going to keep on working and praying. After posting this, I'm going to buy a 9" Bronze statues of Saint Junipero Serra, and then continue searching for online jobs and talking with women on CatholicMatch. I'm going to continue living my life the way God wants me to live. I hope and pray that I am able get some good jobs, publish my various literary works and get married and have bunch of kids, raising them all in the love of the Catholic Faith. But I also pray that God may give me the grace, to prefer to suffer treatment a hundredfold worse, than the treatment that was meted-out to those two statues of Saint Junipero Serra.

!Viva Cristo Rey!
!Viva Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe!
!Viva San Junípero Serra!


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

22 Jun 2020, 4:12 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
... Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged...
So?  Junipero enslaved the local indigenous population to build his mission buildings, and forced them to convert to his religion so that his "numbers" would impress the Vatican leaders.  His statues should be torn down, along with every other monument to slavery and forced conversion, including those of the Confederacy and even many of those representing the Founding Fathers.

And no, it is not history that's being erased; it's the veneration of those who carried on as if people of color were lesser beings that is being erased -- one should no more venerate an image of Junipero Serra than one would venerate an image of Robert E. Lee or Pontius Pilate.

Besides, the veneration of images is idolatry.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,728
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

22 Jun 2020, 6:05 pm

You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.

I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.


_________________
All Praise To Athe, The God of Atheism


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,600
Location: Stendec

22 Jun 2020, 6:52 pm

The Confederate flag is being removed from Southern statehouses and government buildings.  The United States is agreeing that the Confederate flag is a symbol of all that is evil in our national history of slavery, Jim Crow, and racism in its many incarnations right up to 2015.

But the Juniperro missions are the same to Native Americans of California.  They are symbols of slavery and of racism just as is the Confederate flag.  Secular historians have, without any doubt whatsoever, established that:

• The thousands of American Indians who were herded forced into the missions by sword and whip did not come voluntarily but were treated as slaves insofar as they were paid nothing;

• They were forced to provide free labor for decades in the building of the Catholic missions and their lands and vineyards and cattle raising;

• They were seldom allowed to return to their villages (if they tried to they were whipped and tortured, some locked into braces in the hot sun and left without water for days);

• They were cut off from their religion, culture, and families;

• They were forced to attend daily Mass even though it was in Latin of which they understood not a word and were forced to kneel for several hours during the Mass;

• The men were separated from the women;

• They were often starved and close to starving, yet still forced to labor in the fields.

The coastal American Indian numbers were estimated at 300,000 when the Spanish arrived in 1769; 120 years later they were 16,624, due to genocide by Juniperro Serra and those who followed him.

The fact that anyone would venerate a vicious, sadistic beast like Juniperro Serra -- a man on par with Roman Emperor Caligula -- implies that they either don't know the truth, they deny the truth, or they accept the truth as mirroring the truth that is within themselves.

Finally, to condemn the "Black Lives Matter" movement because of the actions of Native Americans is to embrace racism. Why do idolatry -- whether of statues to dead "saints" or flags of dead ideologies -- and racism always seem to go hand-in-hand?


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


Last edited by Fnord on 22 Jun 2020, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,142

22 Jun 2020, 7:23 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
Today is June 22nd, the Feasts of Saints Thomas More and John Fisher, English Martyrs who stood up against the Wicked King Henry XVIII and his divorce and planned schism from Rome. Today, I am also going to stand up and speak out against a movement and the actions it has committed yesterday.

Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged, I logged on here and started up a thread entitled "I DO NOT SUPPORT BLM! D:<," ready to unleash a torrent of retributively provocative phrases in anger. Fortunately, the Grace of God intervened before I could start typing, I cancelled the thread and left, and prayed for the grace to handle this better. I have prayed and slept on this, and now I am ready respond to and condemn this act, in a mature and grown-up manner.

Now many you may be wondering why it was the tearing down of two statues of St. Junipero Serra that got me enraged? Didn't I say that the only two things that would really make me go berserk were blasphemies against Our Lady and whole Catholic Cultures apostatizing? Well, while the sacrilegious tearing down of the statue of a Saint is an outrageous and unacceptable thing in and of itself; it wasn't so much that event that made me furious, as it was that the event was a crossing of the line for me. Throughout these past weeks, I have been irritated and on-edge hearing about BLM down south in the Union. BLM protests have NOT been peaceful; BLM protesters have burned property and looted stores, including those owned by black people; and have also killed people, including civilians of racial minorities. On top of that, there is also a lot more going on that I'm aware of, and many might be aware of, that the mainstream media hasn't been telling the public about.

Yet despite all of that, I had decided not to get involved, to stay silent and focus on other more important things in my life. The BLM riots were happening down south in the Union; there are BLM protests up here in Canada, but as far as I can tell, apart from one riot in Quebec, (and it makes sense that it would happen in Apostate Quebec, but that's a whole other topic for another time.) they've all been fairly peaceful. I identify as a Catholic first, a Canadian of British Columbia second, and a man of Hispanic, British, and Scandinavian heritage third; but ethnically or racial speaking, I might be classified as an Hispanic. I have never, as far as my memory is concerned, experienced racism; my Chilean dad who has dark skin, was once turned back from the Canada-US border, (In my angry rant I was tempted to say yesterday, I actually thought of saying something along the lines of "my dad is a dark-skinned South American from Chile, but I will neither confirm nor deny whether he experienced racism in Canada or the US, because I am determined not to give your movement any affirmation or consolation!") and I have heard stories of indigenous and Portuguese acquaintances being repeatedly pulled over and questioned by the police, while visiting the States; but I myself cannot ever recall experiencing racism myself. So I decided not bother with the BLM controversy because it did not effect me; until the tearing down of the Saint Junipero Serra statues, when those holy statues were torn down then, I did get effected by the BLM controversy, now I am involved.

The Saints are our spiritual ancestors, they are members of our spiritual family. If you can imagine a picture of one your ancestors whom you love and admire, and then imagine an angry mob breaking into your house, grabing that picture and smashing and stomping on it, while calling your ancestor a racist and nazi and the like when you know for a fact that he is not any of those things; then you can understand why the tearing-down of these statues are immoral and unacceptable. On top of that, at least one of the statues, I can't remember if the other one did or not, but at least one of those statues had St. Junipero Serra holding a Cross, the instrument on which God the Son Himself, preformed the Ultimate Act of Love! This symbol of Ultimate Love was desecrated by the protesters, in their act of sacrilege against St. Junipero Serra. Saint Junipero Serra was not, I repeat, not an oppressor of the indigenous peoples of California, in addition to saving their souls, St. Junipero built the Missions, to protect the Indigenous peoples from the threat of exploitation at the hands of the incoming Spanish settlers, he knew were coming. The indigenous peoples suffered genocide at the hands of the Californian Gold Rush, not St. Junipero's Missions.

One more thing in regards to the tearing down of statues in general, if you want to have a civil discussion about whether or not you want a statue removed from a public place, I'm all for that; I may disagree with you depending on what statue it is, but I would respect your desire to do it civilly. When you go out as mob and intend to barbarically tear down and smash a public statue, I'm firmly opposing that! That is not an action worthy of respect. Even if it were Bloody Elizabeth, who had my spiritual ancestors hanged drawn and quartered; I'd want the statued down, and be very tempted to support it's being teared down; but having a mob tear down a statue like that is not the right way to go about it, I pray for the grace not to sink to that level. When they smash statues, they will soon smash people!

So I now declare hostility with BLM and its allies. I oppose BLM because they have attacked my spiritual family, the Catholic Church; I have zero support for this movement because of this. So what am I going to do about it? I'm going to tell every BLM supporter and ally on here what the consequence of all this violence is going to be. For starters there is the fact that the smashing a sacred statue or icon of a Holy One in Heaven, is mortal sin. If one goes through one's life with one mortal sin on his or her soul, and always refuses God's call to repentance and Our Mother of Mercy's intercession for the grace to repent, and thus dies in that state of mortal sin; that person will suffer eternal death in Hell. But in addition to those supernatural consequences, there are also natural consequences to BLM's violence, what are those natural consequences? They say that the worst thing God can do to a person is give that person exactly what he or she wants! BLM wants the police gone, and the police are going, Atlanta police officers are refusing to answer calls, NYPD is threatening to go on strike on the 4th of July, and I've heard stories all over the place of police officers resigning, because they just can't take it anymore. When there are fewer police officers out there to protect you, not only are you more vulnerable to crime, but other people are going to take matters into their own hands. There is going to be armed civilians out there on the streets and in the neighbourhoods, who have none of the strict protocol the police have. Many people are going to shoot first and ask questions later and many of them, not because they racist but because they are stupid, will have little qualms about engaging in racial profiling in the process. Others on the other hand will be real racists, real KKK members and white supremacists; these people will now have free range, thanks to the lack COPs on the streets to protect ethnic minorities from them. These are the consequences of the actions of BLM and its allies, I would like everyone reading this to pause for a moment, consider very well these consequences, and where the Union and the rest of the Apostate West is headed.

As for me, I'm going to keep on working and praying. After posting this, I'm going to buy a 9" Bronze statues of Saint Junipero Serra, and then continue searching for online jobs and talking with women on CatholicMatch. I'm going to continue living my life the way God wants me to live. I hope and pray that I am able get some good jobs, publish my various literary works and get married and have bunch of kids, raising them all in the love of the Catholic Faith. But I also pray that God may give me the grace, to prefer to suffer treatment a hundredfold worse, than the treatment that was meted-out to those two statues of Saint Junipero Serra.

!Viva Cristo Rey!
!Viva Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe!
!Viva San Junípero Serra!


Do Try to realize that 'Those Statues Destroyed' have no Living Loving Breath;
Same As A Flag; Same As A House (Temple of Brick And Mortar) Mistaken For
Flesh and Blood of God; Same As A Four-Wheel Drive; And A Human Loving
'That Confederate Flag' as A Noose for Love. Black Lives Do Matter And Do Have
Living Loving Breath; What Would You Trade For Love?
A Statue;
A Flag;
A House;
A Car; A
Temple;
Common
Sense Does Indeed 'Speak Idolatry'
This Way That has/is No Feelings of Breathing;
Breathing No Human Feelings of Love at Least;
If 'God' is Love What Good Is God Without Love:

Simple Logic 'Sees', Feels, Senses, Knows NONE.

A Most Dangerous Statue Now of Fear And Hate,
Is Essence of Human Breathing, Fear, and Hate in the White House, Yes, in 'Human Way';
If You Don't Love "Father's of All Lies"; Why Not Spend Some Days to Help Erase 'That Hell' With Votes...

i Realize you LiVE iN Canada; But Do Realize You are Feeling 'A Lioness of Love's Breath', a Father oF All Lies Inspires.

So Far; the Catholic Church in My Area, Or Bishop Barron in YouTube Catholic Public Relations, Hasn't even
Acknowledged 'That Father oF all Lies', Even Exists'.
Guess What, He Does and He Breathes
For Real; No Myth, the Essence of Dark
As Human Fear and Hate;

That's 'The Real
BIG Sin' and part of
the Reason Dictator's
Rose Last Century as
the Catholic Church Played
Politics With Love As Fear and
Hate Won then From That Catholic Same 'Ignorance'.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,744

22 Jun 2020, 8:33 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
Today is June 22nd, the Feasts of Saints Thomas More and John Fisher, English Martyrs who stood up against the Wicked King Henry XVIII and his divorce and planned schism from Rome. Today, I am also going to stand up and speak out against a movement and the actions it has committed yesterday.

Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged, I logged on here and started up a thread entitled "I DO NOT SUPPORT BLM! D:<," ready to unleash a torrent of retributively provocative phrases in anger. Fortunately, the Grace of God intervened before I could start typing, I cancelled the thread and left, and prayed for the grace to handle this better. I have prayed and slept on this, and now I am ready respond to and condemn this act, in a mature and grown-up manner.

Now many you may be wondering why it was the tearing down of two statues of St. Junipero Serra that got me enraged? Didn't I say that the only two things that would really make me go berserk were blasphemies against Our Lady and whole Catholic Cultures apostatizing? Well, while the sacrilegious tearing down of the statue of a Saint is an outrageous and unacceptable thing in and of itself; it wasn't so much that event that made me furious, as it was that the event was a crossing of the line for me. Throughout these past weeks, I have been irritated and on-edge hearing about BLM down south in the Union. BLM protests have NOT been peaceful; BLM protesters have burned property and looted stores, including those owned by black people; and have also killed people, including civilians of racial minorities. On top of that, there is also a lot more going on that I'm aware of, and many might be aware of, that the mainstream media hasn't been telling the public about.

Yet despite all of that, I had decided not to get involved, to stay silent and focus on other more important things in my life. The BLM riots were happening down south in the Union; there are BLM protests up here in Canada, but as far as I can tell, apart from one riot in Quebec, (and it makes sense that it would happen in Apostate Quebec, but that's a whole other topic for another time.) they've all been fairly peaceful. I identify as a Catholic first, a Canadian of British Columbia second, and a man of Hispanic, British, and Scandinavian heritage third; but ethnically or racial speaking, I might be classified as an Hispanic. I have never, as far as my memory is concerned, experienced racism; my Chilean dad who has dark skin, was once turned back from the Canada-US border, (In my angry rant I was tempted to say yesterday, I actually thought of saying something along the lines of "my dad is a dark-skinned South American from Chile, but I will neither confirm nor deny whether he experienced racism in Canada or the US, because I am determined not to give your movement any affirmation or consolation!") and I have heard stories of indigenous and Portuguese acquaintances being repeatedly pulled over and questioned by the police, while visiting the States; but I myself cannot ever recall experiencing racism myself. So I decided not bother with the BLM controversy because it did not effect me; until the tearing down of the Saint Junipero Serra statues, when those holy statues were torn down then, I did get effected by the BLM controversy, now I am involved.

The Saints are our spiritual ancestors, they are members of our spiritual family. If you can imagine a picture of one your ancestors whom you love and admire, and then imagine an angry mob breaking into your house, grabing that picture and smashing and stomping on it, while calling your ancestor a racist and nazi and the like when you know for a fact that he is not any of those things; then you can understand why the tearing-down of these statues are immoral and unacceptable. On top of that, at least one of the statues, I can't remember if the other one did or not, but at least one of those statues had St. Junipero Serra holding a Cross, the instrument on which God the Son Himself, preformed the Ultimate Act of Love! This symbol of Ultimate Love was desecrated by the protesters, in their act of sacrilege against St. Junipero Serra. Saint Junipero Serra was not, I repeat, not an oppressor of the indigenous peoples of California, in addition to saving their souls, St. Junipero built the Missions, to protect the Indigenous peoples from the threat of exploitation at the hands of the incoming Spanish settlers, he knew were coming. The indigenous peoples suffered genocide at the hands of the Californian Gold Rush, not St. Junipero's Missions.

One more thing in regards to the tearing down of statues in general, if you want to have a civil discussion about whether or not you want a statue removed from a public place, I'm all for that; I may disagree with you depending on what statue it is, but I would respect your desire to do it civilly. When you go out as mob and intend to barbarically tear down and smash a public statue, I'm firmly opposing that! That is not an action worthy of respect. Even if it were Bloody Elizabeth, who had my spiritual ancestors hanged drawn and quartered; I'd want the statued down, and be very tempted to support it's being teared down; but having a mob tear down a statue like that is not the right way to go about it, I pray for the grace not to sink to that level. When they smash statues, they will soon smash people!

So I now declare hostility with BLM and its allies. I oppose BLM because they have attacked my spiritual family, the Catholic Church; I have zero support for this movement because of this. So what am I going to do about it? I'm going to tell every BLM supporter and ally on here what the consequence of all this violence is going to be. For starters there is the fact that the smashing a sacred statue or icon of a Holy One in Heaven, is mortal sin. If one goes through one's life with one mortal sin on his or her soul, and always refuses God's call to repentance and Our Mother of Mercy's intercession for the grace to repent, and thus dies in that state of mortal sin; that person will suffer eternal death in Hell. But in addition to those supernatural consequences, there are also natural consequences to BLM's violence, what are those natural consequences? They say that the worst thing God can do to a person is give that person exactly what he or she wants! BLM wants the police gone, and the police are going, Atlanta police officers are refusing to answer calls, NYPD is threatening to go on strike on the 4th of July, and I've heard stories all over the place of police officers resigning, because they just can't take it anymore. When there are fewer police officers out there to protect you, not only are you more vulnerable to crime, but other people are going to take matters into their own hands. There is going to be armed civilians out there on the streets and in the neighbourhoods, who have none of the strict protocol the police have. Many people are going to shoot first and ask questions later and many of them, not because they racist but because they are stupid, will have little qualms about engaging in racial profiling in the process. Others on the other hand will be real racists, real KKK members and white supremacists; these people will now have free range, thanks to the lack COPs on the streets to protect ethnic minorities from them. These are the consequences of the actions of BLM and its allies, I would like everyone reading this to pause for a moment, consider very well these consequences, and where the Union and the rest of the Apostate West is headed.

As for me, I'm going to keep on working and praying. After posting this, I'm going to buy a 9" Bronze statues of Saint Junipero Serra, and then continue searching for online jobs and talking with women on CatholicMatch. I'm going to continue living my life the way God wants me to live. I hope and pray that I am able get some good jobs, publish my various literary works and get married and have bunch of kids, raising them all in the love of the Catholic Faith. But I also pray that God may give me the grace, to prefer to suffer treatment a hundredfold worse, than the treatment that was meted-out to those two statues of Saint Junipero Serra.

!Viva Cristo Rey!
!Viva Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe!
!Viva San Junípero Serra!


I couldn't find a secind source confirming that blm has indeed killed the sister of the eoman in the video you linked to.
Let's assumr fir a second that totally unconfirmed killing actually happened.
And you say the movement crossed the line when they tore down two statues that symbolize something you believe in?
Do you have your priorities in the right order?

A, right. You're catholic, and not a humsnist. Your religious icons are more important than humsn life. Well.
Go ahead, comdemn away.
How is that pedophilia situation in the catholic church developing, btw.? So many cases, I lost track


_________________
I can read facial expressions. I did the test.


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,367
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

22 Jun 2020, 9:04 pm

This might sound a bit strange in context, maybe even a bit naive, but I think my favorite moments when it comes to running into various people and personalities is when I run into someone whose doing such awesome things, has such a keen and sharp mind that I love hearing their interviews because they're just awesome people and they're awesome to listen to or they have the kind of integrity that renews my hope in humanity a bit - and I think of how many black actors and musicians have stuck me that way, how many great minds there are, I feel like that's what our culture probably needs to see more of. The economics are horrible, they need to be fixed, and the trick is figuring out what are the best tools for self-cultivation that you can give black and native American children to kill it at art, kill it at music, kill it at science, and inspire the world around them. When you're able to carry the torch of inspiration you're able to help and heal people of all races around you and there's little that evaporates both racism and destructive competition faster than a person whose carrying a contagious amount of light and competence inside of them.

I was talking to someone online, we got in a bit of a debate because I posted that John Gray article and they snapped the title up, but I was telling him - I think there's an even broader reason to resolve this than just the historical injustice and it's that anything we do as a culture that embeds gaslighting and dishonesty trains us all to be accepting of gaslighting and dishonesty, and we get used to having to put up with it because there's this perpetual ambient level of it. That's the ground from which arms races so readily spring, arms races of the sort that lead us toward self-extincting stupidity just to keep up with the person next to us. It's sort of like there needs to be some sort of 'broken glass' law on this sort of thing and where we nip dishonesty in the bud as early as we can when we see it.

This is where though - I really wish BLM were outwardly more clever than dogmatic. Even as they are right now they look utterly sane compared to the anarchists and Boogaloos running around them in the riots. I think what really needs to get amplified is black creativity and innovation because there's no lack of genius on that area.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.

I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.

Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Last edited by Greatshield17 on 22 Jun 2020, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 9:13 pm

shlaifu wrote:
I couldn't find a secind source confirming that blm has indeed killed the sister of the eoman in the video you linked to.
Let's assumr fir a second that totally unconfirmed killing actually happened.
And you say the movement crossed the line when they tore down two statues that symbolize something you believe in?
Do you have your priorities in the right order?

A, right. You're catholic, and not a humsnist. Your religious icons are more important than humsn life. Well.
Go ahead, comdemn away.
How is that pedophilia situation in the catholic church developing, btw.? So many cases, I lost track

Like I said in my Original Post, it wasn't the smashing of the statue of the Saint, in and of itself that was the problem; (although again, that act is unacceptable) it was that, that act was the last straw for me.

Bringing the up sexually perverse priest ain't going to work, I am no more scandalized by the abomination perpetrated by those than I am by the fact that I'm one doing what the Hierarchy in the US should be doing.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Last edited by Greatshield17 on 22 Jun 2020, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 9:16 pm

shlaifu wrote:
I couldn't find a secind source confirming that blm has indeed killed the sister of the eoman in the video you linked to.
Let's assumr fir a second that totally unconfirmed killing actually happened.
And you say the movement crossed the line when they tore down two statues that symbolize something you believe in?
Do you have your priorities in the right order?

A, right. You're catholic, and not a humsnist. Your religious icons are more important than humsn life. Well.
Go ahead, comdemn away.
How is that pedophilia situation in the catholic church developing, btw.? So many cases, I lost track

You claim to represent humanity and yet you have no respect for the natural human behaviour of honouring loved ones through images.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Last edited by Greatshield17 on 22 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,823
Location: Melbourne, Australia

22 Jun 2020, 9:17 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is where though - I really wish BLM were outwardly more clever than dogmatic. Even as they are right now they look utterly sane compared to the anarchists and Boogaloos running around them in the riots. I think what really needs to get amplified is black creativity and innovation because there's no lack of genius on that area.


The problem seems to be their approach:
Instead of putting forward role models for their community to emulate, and so encourage the people to be the best that they can be, they prefer to focus on the opposite areas and say "this is all you are worth", discouraging people from trying to improve their lives and situation, whilst also encouraging conflict with those outside their community.

Imagine if, instead of continually complaining about police treatment (and so encouragaging a combative situation), they instead went out and encouraged as many "PoC" as possible to actively JOIN the police, and so build understanding, while lessing the inter-racial conflict.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“Indeed, you won the elections, but I won the count.” - Anastasio Somoz


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,481
Location: Australia

22 Jun 2020, 10:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
... Yesterday, two statues of the great Saint Junipero Serra, were torn down and physically desecrated by raving BLM mobs and their allies. When I saw that, I was enraged...
So?  Junipero enslaved the local indigenous population to build his mission buildings, and forced them to convert to his religion so that his "numbers" would impress the Vatican leaders.  His statues should be torn down, along with every other monument to slavery and forced conversion, including those of the Confederacy and even many of those representing the Founding Fathers.

And no, it is not history that's being erased; it's the veneration of those who carried on as if people of color were lesser beings that is being erased -- one should no more venerate an image of Junipero Serra than one would venerate an image of Robert E. Lee or Pontius Pilate.

Besides, the veneration of images is idolatry.


Don't forget the statue of "Bomber, The Butcher, Harris"! :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm

aghogday wrote:
Do Try to realize that 'Those Statues Destroyed' have no Living Loving Breath;
Same As A Flag; Same As A House (Temple of Brick And Mortar) Mistaken For
Flesh and Blood of God; Same As A Four-Wheel Drive; And A Human Loving
'That Confederate Flag' as A Noose for Love. Black Lives Do Matter And Do Have
Living Loving Breath; What Would You Trade For Love?
A Statue;
A Flag;
A House;
A Car; A
Temple;
Common
Sense Does Indeed 'Speak Idolatry'
This Way That has/is No Feelings of Breathing;
Breathing No Human Feelings of Love at Least;
If 'God' is Love What Good Is God Without Love:

Simple Logic 'Sees', Feels, Senses, Knows NONE.

A Most Dangerous Statue Now of Fear And Hate,
Is Essence of Human Breathing, Fear, and Hate in the White House, Yes, in 'Human Way';
If You Don't Love "Father's of All Lies"; Why Not Spend Some Days to Help Erase 'That Hell' With Votes...

i Realize you LiVE iN Canada; But Do Realize You are Feeling 'A Lioness of Love's Breath', a Father oF All Lies Inspires.

So Far; the Catholic Church in My Area, Or Bishop Barron in YouTube Catholic Public Relations, Hasn't even
Acknowledged 'That Father oF all Lies', Even Exists'.
Guess What, He Does and He Breathes
For Real; No Myth, the Essence of Dark
As Human Fear and Hate;

That's 'The Real
BIG Sin' and part of
the Reason Dictator's
Rose Last Century as
the Catholic Church Played
Politics With Love As Fear and
Hate Won then From That Catholic Same 'Ignorance'.

There is a difference between a statue Saint Junipero Serra and the Confederate flag, the statue represents a human being who brought the Faith to Indigenous peoples to save their souls, and also worked to save their livelihoods from potential exploitation at the hands on incoming Spanish settlers. The Confederate flag was an emblem of a confederation of states that sought secede from the United States of America, over the issues of slavery among other things. The flag is now claimed among the people of those states as a cultural symbol, but other people condemn it on the grounds it presents the pro-slavery policies of the Confederacy. I don't really care about the Confederate flag, or statues of the Confederate generals for that matter; I did live in the State of Tennessee very briefly as a child, but I don't really have that much of a connection with Southern culture. I do have a connection with St. Junipero Serra, because he is my spiritual ancestor, and spiritual elder brother come to think of it, some Catholics do refer St. Therese of Lisieux as their big sister. Do you think it fair to equate Saint Junipero Serra with the Confederate flag and Confederate generals?
Or for that matter, the Confederate generals, with the Founding Fathers of the United States?
Or the Founding Fathers with Christopher Columbus?
Or Christopher Columbus with the Conquistadores?
Or the Conquistadores with Sir John A. Macdonald?
Or, going back to something I said in my original post, Sir John A. Macdonald with Bloody Elizabeth?
I think it not fair, to equate all these people together, let alone think it just, to form a mob and tear down a statue of any of these people, with violence and without any civil discussion.

I no not what this "Father of Lies" is you speak of in your post, but the Father of Lies Our Lord spoke of in Sacred Scripture, him I am aware of. Bishop Barron (one of the many Bishops who should be doing what I'm doing here.) has discussed him in his Youtube videos. Also in regards to the Church's role World War II, while it's true that the Church's actions before and during World War II were not ideal, and were based on far; there are a lot of myths and misunderstandings out there, that cloud many people's understanding of the Church's role in during the war. Also you should check out the behaviour of the clergy on the ground during World War II, I'm thinking particularly of Saint Maximilian Kolbe, now that, is a man of courage!

In regards to fear, I do feel it, I am well aware that I am offering up my reputation on here by doing this, but the fact that I am still doing this shows that I have not submitted to it.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

Fnord wrote:
His statues should be torn down, along with every other monument to slavery

What about Saint Paul? That horrible Catholic Bishop whose writings the "Vatican Leaders" managed to put into the Bible? :wink: What shall do with his writings and any monument dedicated to him?


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,575
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jun 2020, 11:31 pm

Just because somebody is a Christian....doesn’t make that person superior to a non-Christian.

Maybe those indigenous folks didn’t want their “souls saved?”



Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: Columbia-Kootenay Region, British Columbia

22 Jun 2020, 11:35 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This might sound a bit strange in context, maybe even a bit naive, but I think my favorite moments when it comes to running into various people and personalities is when I run into someone whose doing such awesome things, has such a keen and sharp mind that I love hearing their interviews because they're just awesome people and they're awesome to listen to or they have the kind of integrity that renews my hope in humanity a bit - and I think of how many black actors and musicians have stuck me that way, how many great minds there are, I feel like that's what our culture probably needs to see more of. The economics are horrible, they need to be fixed, and the trick is figuring out what are the best tools for self-cultivation that you can give black and native American children to kill it at art, kill it at music, kill it at science, and inspire the world around them. When you're able to carry the torch of inspiration you're able to help and heal people of all races around you and there's little that evaporates both racism and destructive competition faster than a person whose carrying a contagious amount of light and competence inside of them.

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I was talking to someone online, we got in a bit of a debate because I posted that John Gray article and they snapped the title up, but I was telling him - I think there's an even broader reason to resolve this than just the historical injustice and it's that anything we do as a culture that embeds gaslighting and dishonesty trains us all to be accepting of gaslighting and dishonesty, and we get used to having to put up with it because there's this perpetual ambient level of it. That's the ground from which arms races so readily spring, arms races of the sort that lead us toward self-extincting stupidity just to keep up with the person next to us. It's sort of like there needs to be some sort of 'broken glass' law on this sort of thing and where we nip dishonesty in the bud as early as we can when we see it.


Whoa, I was going to post the video where I got most of my information on Saint Junipero on here, a video that shows the good, the bad, and the ugly on him. I just discovered that the video is not there anymore, 8O I don't know who did it and why, I'm not accusing anyone involved a malice, but I do find it troubling.


_________________
Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."


cron