Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an Auto-Antonym

Page 10 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 11:18 pm

aghogday wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
aghogday is that you? Nice to meet you.

[img]aghogday[/img]

Thank You, Yes It is; Otherwise
Known as Fred; Nice to meet you too..:)

So you are the one with the number 14 shirt on? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 12:49 am

jimmy m wrote:
Two more toddlers killed in Chicago within a week.

I really think this continued posting of kids who died runs the runs the risk of appearing to use children as props, I would guess to attach it as something that BLM does not care about.

jimmy m wrote:
IMHO the problem is not just guns but rather guns in the hands of gang members. If black lives really matter, then why is BLM not all over this, putting an end to these needless deaths. They should be out there demanding justice for Sincere and Mekhi, instead they are pulling down statues.

Well, if there were no guns the toddlers would not have been killed, so it is a little about guns. But reasons why these two were not have been put front and centre the narrative of putting these two at the front is that the gut reaction would be to let police be tougher on crime, which would run counter to a larger systematic problem outside and inside of Chicago, where black people are already brutalised by police.

Truth is that the gut reaction of the long running system where you have tough on minorities creates a larger distrust in the state and the police, which makes these gangs and makes them more violent because they won't trust authority. I think that the first steps to have these sorts of things not happen again would be to end police brutality an poverty in these communities.

Also, I think that Fox news is gross for things like this as they have a political interest in making Chicago look like a hellhole, while they would not give the same support for many innocent black people killed by the police, and actually go out of their way to smear such victims by digging into their past to find things like marijuana convictions.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 2:47 am

magz wrote:
I just researched the case of Ms Scottow from other sources than this one article... nope, it wasn't just misgendering. It was breaking her previous signed agreement to leave the person alone on social media.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-wig.html
I guess I could dig into every such case... media tend to notorously slant stories to make them appear more dramatic and "prove" some agenda.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! 8O

I agree with you, me lady. And I wasn't being sarcastic at you. Pepe just made a funny. :jester:
BTW, I made you look. :mrgreen:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2020, 2:58 am

jimmy m wrote:
IMHO the problem is not just guns but rather guns in the hands of gang members. If black lives really matter, then why is BLM not all over this, putting an end to these needless deaths. They should be out there demanding justice for Sincere and Mekhi, instead they are pulling down statues.

Are the shooters of Sincere and Mekhi already identified, well-known and with high probability of being acquitted or not even facing any charges?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 6:38 am

magz wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

Are the shooters of Sincere and Mekhi already identified, well-known and with high probability of being acquitted or not even facing any charges?

As of last night, there were rewards out for any information leading to an arrest in each case. So I do not believe their shooters are identified. They were drive-by shootings.

Last edited by jimmy m on 29 Jun 2020, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 7:47 am

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

I really think this continued posting of kids who died runs the runs the risk of appearing to use children as props, I would guess to attach it as something that BLM does not care about.

But so is George Floyd. He is being used as a prop. So if "black lives really matter" then both sides of the story must be discussed. A policeman killing a black person is very rare in this country. But incidences of young black children being killed by gang violence is very common. So it seems like George Floyd death has been singled out to support a narrative, rather than a solution. And many of the people pushing this narrative are white liberals.

Look at all the protestors in this photograph. I do not see very many black demonstrators.

If black lives really matter, then the solutions put forth to solve the problem, should be driven by the black mothers who lost their children.

-------------------------------------------------

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

Well, if there were no guns the toddlers would not have been killed, so it is a little about guns.

Well look at Great Britain. They have banned guns. How is that working out for them. The criminal element has just switched to using knives. Gangs are the problem.

-------------------------------------------------

Bradleigh wrote:
But reasons why these two were not have been put front and centre the narrative of putting these two at the front is that the gut reaction would be to let police be tougher on crime, which would run counter to a larger systematic problem outside and inside of Chicago, where black people are already brutalised by police.

But Chicago police do need to be tougher on crime, especially gang violence. Because if they were then young black children like Sincere and Mekhi, might be alive today.

When I was young I lived in Chicago. I was brutalized for three years. I was placed in strangle holds or chokeholds until I was almost unconscious. One time they put so much pressure that my neck cracked. This abuse occurred on a daily basis. This abuse was not done at the hands of the police but rather by my peer group that formed into gangs.

This is common for many Aspie males during their Junior High School years.

Bradleigh wrote:
Truth is that the gut reaction of the long running system where you have tough on minorities creates a larger distrust in the state and the police, which makes these gangs and makes them more violent because they won't trust authority.

This narrative is wrong. The reason why victims do not come forward and identify the perpetrators is because they are placing their lives on-the-line to do so. Most of the time the gangs will end them. Some of the unwritten rules of gangs is the “Code of Silence” and the “Never Snitch” rules. They brutally enforce these rules to silence witnesses. What holds true on the school playgrounds also holds true in the adult world. It is fear that is driving "this distrust", fear of retribution if they snitch, fear that the authorities will sit on the information and not resolve the problem, or even make it worse.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 7:51 am

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

There must be another tear in the fabric of the universe: I agree with Bradleigh on something. I've always thought it gauche when Democrats in the U.S. use the tragedy of shootings (ie victims as props) to immediately call for gun control which is disrespectful to injured victims and to families of dead ones. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" aside. But I can see why they do it by Jimmy posting the pics of the tragedy here; it's very effective, so maybe I'm changing my view on the subject.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2020, 7:56 am

jimmy m wrote:
magz wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

As of last night, there were rewards out for any information leading to an arrest in each case. So I do not believe their shooters are identified. They were drive-by shootings.
That's what makes the difference. BLM targets a specific phenomenon of known killers not being punished, not all existing tragedies within Black communities.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:21 am

Fred (aghogday ), so the way you write is actually like a wave. And because Wrong Planet only offers "left justified" and not "center justified", it comes out distorted. I wonder if you put the wave under a sound analyzer if it would produce a musical melody or a hidden message?

I once buried a hidden message in the title of a photograph. Now how did I do that again. It was quite easy to do but now I forgot. One of the problems of getting old. Oh yeah, now I remember. I turned the words invisible. If you turn the text white against a white background, they become invisible. But the words are still there. It was like using invisible ink in html coding.

Last edited by jimmy m on 29 Jun 2020, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:26 am

jimmy m wrote:
... I once buried a hidden message in the title of a photograph. ... I turned the words invisible. If you turn the text white against a white background, they become invisible. But the words are still there. It was like using invisible ink in html coding.
There is an easier way.

<color=transparent>This text will be invisible...</color>

... if you replace "<" with "[" and ">" with "]".

I wish certain people would do that to ALL of their posts!

I bet you thought I was going to name names, didn't you?
:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:31 am

Fnord wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
... I once buried a hidden message in the title of a photograph. ... I turned the words invisible. If you turn the text white against a white background, they become invisible. But the words are still there. It was like using invisible ink in html coding.
There is an easier way.

<color=transparent>This text will be invisible...</color>

... if you replace "<" with "[" and ">" with "]".

I wish certain people would do that to ALL of their posts!

I bet you thought I was going to name names, didn't you?
:wink:

Thanks Fornd. I knew you were up to the task. I also got your hidden message "I bet you thought I was going to name names, didn't you?"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 9:51 am

jimmy m wrote:
This narrative is wrong. The reason why victims do not come forward and identify the perpetrators is because they are placing their lives on-the-line to do so. Most of the time the gangs will end them. Some of the unwritten rules of gangs is the “Code of Silence” and the “Never Snitch” rules. They brutally enforce these rules to silence witnesses. What holds true on the school playgrounds also holds true in the adult world. It is fear that is driving "this distrust", fear of retribution if they snitch, fear that the authorities will sit on the information and not resolve the problem, or even make it worse.

And why do gangs put in things like codes of silence and fear against snitching? Because the police are too weak and not tough enough against them?

Do you think that kids at a school at a no tattle rule because are totally cool and on their level? They just get harder into intimidating each other to not squeal if they feel like authority is just out to get them instead of there to help them. The first step to destroy that culture is to make them feel safe if they themselves maybe crossed a small line against authority or looked at them wrong, not that they might get harshly punished for no good reason. Give the people there hope away from poverty, away from getting harassed by an officer who will stop and frisk or rough them up a bit, and the gangs will fall away. That is how all the other gangs like the Italians and the Irish dissolved to almost nothing.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 9:56 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Give the people there hope away from poverty, away from getting harassed by an officer who will stop and frisk or rough them up a bit, and the gangs will fall away. That is how all the other gangs like the Italians and the Irish dissolved to almost nothing.

Give the people actual solutions rather than hope away from poverty where they live. Perhaps the perennial leadership in urban areas will be held to task and actual results expected. Less hope and more change.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 12:42 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
And why do gangs put in things like codes of silence and fear against snitching? Because the police are too weak and not tough enough against them?

As a child transitions into being a teenager, they are confronted with another major transition. In this age bracket they pass into puberty and teasing and bullying becomes a major force in their peer group. Those terms are very understated. The term teasing and bullying are terms developed to protect the abusers. They minimize the offense. A more accurate phrase is cruel and relentless torture. In adult society, the terms used are physical abuse, psychological abuse, and assault and they are criminal offenses.

* Bullies are very adept at what they do. It is almost like they took a course in the subject.
* They instinctively recognize those that are weak, alone and defenseless - vulnerable individuals.
* Bullies choose to torment individuals away from the eyes of authorities. They know where in the playground or inside the school, they can strike outside the purview of the authorities. So the location of the fight generally was well hidden – not only by location they had chosen but also by the crowd of spectators that form.
* They know how to inflict the maximum amount of pain without leaving visible marks as evidence [such as a jab to the ribcage, a kick to the nuts, or a chokehold].
* They know about the unwritten rules such as the “Code of Silence” and the “Never Snitch”.
* They enforce these rules to silence witnesses.
* In general, bullies are cowards and rarely fight fair.
* They operate as a group, a gang with lieutenants and soldiers.
* In a conflict, it is always about the one (the victim) versus the many (the gang).
* You show up armed only with your fists to protect yourself, while they might show up armed to the teeth. Any fight is rarely fought on a level playing field and the conclusions are rarely left up to chance.
* And in the aftermath of the physical and verbal attack, it is always the word of the many (the gang), combined with the silence of the eyewitnesses (unwritten code of silence) against the word of the one (the victim). And in general, the victim is blamed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 12:54 pm

all too often, they matriculate into the power structure of this nation.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 1:00 pm

Magna wrote:
Give the people actual solutions rather than hope away from poverty where they live. Perhaps the perennial leadership in urban areas will be held to task and actual results expected. Less hope and more change.

And that change can start with ending police brutality, especially on what evidence points to a disappropriate amount aimed at minorities.