Page 3 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
So they just get treated like "karens" when they walk into Wallmart?

From what I've seen on the news, if store employees tell them they need to wear masks, the anti-maskers very often through a shitfit, then storm out. A few cases have ended in arrests, but due to violence rather than refusing to wear a mask.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:
Anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, climate change deniers. Generally the same people. Definitely the same selfish entitled ignorance.

One former member of WP was anti social distancing, and a climate denier, and a Young Earth Creationist. The three beliefs do seem to go together.

I forgot!

He was also a Moon Landing Denier as well (believed that the whole Apollo Program was faked)! :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:
Anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, climate change deniers. Generally the same people. Definitely the same selfish entitled ignorance.

One former member of WP was anti social distancing, and a climate denier, and a Young Earth Creationist. The three beliefs do seem to go together.

I forgot!

He was also a Moon Landing Denier as well (believed that the whole Apollo Program was faked)! :lol:

Was he the one who had started that whole thread about the faked moon landing?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 11:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

From what I've seen on the news, if store employees tell them they need to wear masks, the anti-maskers very often through a shitfit, then storm out. A few cases have ended in arrests, but due to violence rather than refusing to wear a mask.

I've seen a few in the "Karens gone wild videos"...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 11:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

I forgot!

It's strange because he always objected to conspiracy theories?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 12:48 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I've seen a few in the "Karens gone wild videos"...

I'm sure most Karens are anti-maskers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 12:50 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

I forgot!

Well, he had fallen hook-line-and-sinker for the conspiracy theory that Trump's Russian dalliances were all a hoax by the evil leftists and apparently NATO.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Many red states also have mask requirements. Texas, Arkansas and Alabama require them, and probably others as well. Louisiana and Kansas, though red states with mask requirements, have Democratic governors.

Idaho, the very conservative state which is of course next door to my own state of Washington, has been having demonstrations by rabid anti-maskers.

Montana is a conservative state and lot of people do not wear masks there nor is it enforced. Plus people there don't seem to be aware there is an outside world and I even knew someone at work who didn't watch the news because of too much negative stuff they report she said.

Go to Washington and Oregon, the mask policy is enforced. You can't enter the store unless you have on a mask. I went to the mall and it was empty and I saw lot of closed stores, either because of the corona or they just hadn't reopened yet.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

I forgot!

Well, he had fallen hook-line-and-sinker for the conspiracy theory that Trump's Russian dalliances were all a hoax by the evil leftists and apparently NATO.

I know I had been away from this forum so I had no idea he had been banned and didn't see what he posted. I know he seemed to be a Trump supporter. He claimed he wasn't but he sure acted like it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:47 am

It always seems like every time I am away from this forum, the trolls come out and start trolling and I miss it. No wonder the old staff team thought I was behind it all because all the good stuff always happened whenever I wasn't here. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:53 am

We should write a history of WP with all the associated drama!

I'm sure Alex could sell it to Netflix :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:55 am

League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Many red states also have mask requirements. Texas, Arkansas and Alabama require them, and probably others as well. Louisiana and Kansas, though red states with mask requirements, have Democratic governors.

Idaho, the very conservative state which is of course next door to my own state of Washington, has been having demonstrations by rabid anti-maskers.

Montana is a conservative state and lot of people do not wear masks there nor is it enforced. Plus people there don't seem to be aware there is an outside world and I even knew someone at work who didn't watch the news because of too much negative stuff they report she said.

Go to Washington and Oregon, the mask policy is enforced. You can't enter the store unless you have on a mask. I went to the mall and it was empty and I saw lot of closed stores, either because of the corona or they just hadn't reopened yet.

Absolutely true.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 1:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm sure most Karens are anti-maskers.

There's a virtual treasure trove of karens throwing tantrums in stores over not wearing masks.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

I forgot!

Krafty started it with a post about how irrational the moon landing deniers are, and we were off to the races with several pages of debate with Ezra arguing for denial.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 2:53 am

The problem with anti-vaxxers is when they don't want to vaccinate their children, exposing the kids to unnecessary suffering and possible death by otherwise preventable diseases. Most anti-vaxxers were, themselves, vaccinated as children. They don't want their kids to get vaccines.

I suppose the same is true if they don't want their kids to wear masks. But if an anti-masker without kids wants to go around and jeopardize his or her own life, so what? As long as you're wearing your mask, their recklessness shouldn't really affect you. I disagree with them, but, hey, it's their life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jul 2020, 3:22 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

I forgot!

Krafty started it with a post about how irrational the moon landing deniers are, and we were off to the races with several pages of debate with Ezra arguing for denial.

Knowing Ezra, he did it for sport of finding arguments against various statements. At least that's my impression after spending some time discussing with him.
As I also enjoy this sport, I found discussions with Ezra quite interesting and enjoyable.
Anyway, I think we're breaching WP rules right now.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>