Page 3 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm

All American presidents have waged war. If rather have one that murders via bullets then one that says stupid s**t like “What’s the point in having nukes if you don’t use them?”

Walrus didn’t say Biden was great. He said he will make a great president - and he’s correct. In terms of someone who’s going to faithfully fulfill the duties of the office of potus I’m sure he’ll do a fineness job relative to the s**t show clown circus that is trump’s best shot at it.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:10 pm

That's nice, be an apoligist for war criminals. Do you expect anyone to take you seriously after that?

Yeah, he did say he was a "great, great man..."

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:46 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
That's nice, be an apoligist for war criminals. Do you expect anyone to take you seriously after that?

Your problem is your all or nothing thinking. There is no perfect candidate to vote for so you rail against all choices.

Everyone else accepts the objective reality that Biden is a better candidate than trump and should be elected to help steer America out of this trumpian nightmare.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Your problem is your all or nothing thinking. There is no perfect candidate to vote for so you rail against all choices.

Everyone else accepts the objective reality that Biden is a better candidate than trump and should be elected to help steer America out of this trumpian nightmare.

Oh, gosh, I didn't realize "everyone else" believed as you do. Sorry, you're not even close. Lots of folks are as tired of voting the lesser of the two evils because the country keeps getting worse -- and that's why we have Trump in the first place.

The nighmare began long before you were even born.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 5:59 pm

Because they are racist, hate immigrants, hate the poor, are white supremacists. Ever notice how people who are these are also Trump supporters?

Or they are an idiot or willfully ignorant because they don't watch his speeches. They don't bother watching the news.

I am done giving them the benefit of the doubt after seeing the s**t he has done. I find it hard to believe how anyone can still be oblivious after the stuff he had been saying in the media.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 6:03 pm

CarlM wrote:
Trump doesn't stand a chance of winning again. People voted against Hillary more than for Trump. I told everyone I could that Hillary can't win and I was sadly right.

Trumps popularity is a story of how far social skills alone can take you. This is something we understand too well.

27% voted Hilary and 23% voted The Donald Man.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 6:11 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Oh, gosh, I didn't realize "everyone else" believed as you do. Sorry, you're not even close. Lots of folks are as tired of voting the lesser of the two evils because the country keeps getting worse -- and that's why we have Trump in the first place.

If your two choices are lesser of two evils or worse of two evils, why wouldn’t you choose the lesser? :? Wtf other choice is there that makes any sense whatsoever?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 6:19 pm

I don't even believe Biden is the lesser evil. Let's just call it a wash.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 6:50 pm

Ya know, I may just be speaking from experience here but one thing that could be helpful is the young peeps who have turned 18 since the last election(myself included). The majority of people I know around my age despise the president. Idk how much different it is in southern parts of the country but we’ll see.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 7:08 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Ya know, I may just be speaking from experience here but one thing that could be helpful is the young peeps who have turned 18 since the last election(myself included). The majority of people I know around my age despise the president. Idk how much different it is in southern parts of the country but we’ll see.

From polls I’ve heard about and articles I’ve read, yes, in general young people dislike trump.

I think in general young people have voted progress left more than conservative for at least 50 years. It’s old rich white people that vote conservative - to conserve their wealth at the expense of everyone else.

Besides a brand new batch of freshly minted first time 18yo voters, the numbers may be swayed from the other end of the political spectrum this time around because the trump pandemic is killing off a whole lot of old people and scaring many more away from the ballot box.. then again, maybe the trump plague spurs an even higher old person turnout as they show up to vote against him in an act of self preservation in hopes of having a president Biden who will take this coronavirus thing seriously and do something about it vs the opposite that trump seems hell bent on doing. Hmmmmm.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:27 am

President Donald Trump's re-election campaign is floundering because he is incapable of doing anything but bragging about himself.  When delivering speaches, he tries to turn the focus from the coronavirus pandemic and the related economic fallout, he nurses private grievances publically, his delivery is muddled, and he goes off on whatever tangents seems to suit the moment.

When the pandemic erupted during the presidency of Donald J. Trump, his stratospheric self-absorption, ineptitude, denial of science, and callousness reached heights even his most ferocious critics couldn't have imagined.  His nostrums, including disinfectant, sunlight, and hydroxychloroquine, could be dismissed as comical if they weren't downright dangerous, encouraging possibly fatal experimentation, while breeding false hopes.

By portraying mask-wearing as effete and elitist, even as those who come near him are tested, disparaging social distancing (recall his reckless rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and unmasked Fourth of July celebration at South Dakota's Mount Rushmore), and downplaying the danger of a second wave of infections, President Trump has been the problem, not the solution. It would be hard to imagine a less suitable helmsman to steer this country out of a public health catastrophe. His eternal spin, tweets, and fulminations about "fake news" can't obscure the obvious: his administration's management of the pandemic has been shambolic.

He takes action to help his buddy, Roger Stone (a convicted felon), but he cannot take decisive steps to combat the coronavirus pandemic and save lives.  Trying to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci is merely a desperate and futile attempt divert blame for what is obviously Trump's very own ineptitude and catastrophic handling of the deadly pandemic.

What we are seeing in plain view is a narcissistic and antisocial president who is unstable and unraveling daily.  He is faced with falling poll numbers, a ferocious and ignored pandemic, an economic recession that he caused, a damaging tell-all book by his niece and defeats by the Supreme Court.

Trump's responses include, but are not limited to: bullying, claiming victimhood, conspiracy theories, corruption, incoherent tweets, lies, rants, reckless behavior, scapegoating, stubbornness, threats, total lack of empathy, unprecedented breaking of norms, use of projection, vindictiveness, whining, and his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions and his corruption.

Added to his personality is the strong likelihood of Trump's apparent cognitive decline.  His vocabulary range has narrowed.  His abstract thinking is limited.  His reasoning is shallow.  He is unfocused.  He has difficulty processing complex information.  His decision-making is impaired.  His judgment is poor.  He often appears listless and apathetic.  He repeats simple words and phrases over and over.  He cannot shift and adapt.  His gait can be abnormal.  He had trouble drinking a glass of water with one hand.  Trump's apparent cognitive decline could be reflective of dementia; such cognitive problems gradually get worse, not better.

Heading to the November election, Trump's mental faculties may continue to unravel in the face of mounting pressures and stress.  He will become increasingly erratic, unstable and desperate.  His display of power and corruption can not be hidden.  He will take great measures to suppress voter turnout.  He will incite racism and a culture war.  He will blame and scapegoat others.  He will engage in escalating rants, tweets, name-calling, accusations, overt threats, projections, bullying, lies, gaslighting, triangulation, obstruction and whining.  His thinking, reasoning, decision-making and judgment will likely continue to wane as he desperately tries to hold on to what little credibility he may have left.

The next four months will be unnerving and unsettling for sure.  Trump is unraveling before our eyes.  His mind may not hold together much longer.  We face a future when our Commander-In-Chief may no longer be capable of discerning an ally from an enemy ... if he is even capable of doing so in the present.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jul 2020, 9:57 am

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Yes, it’s obviously not true that everyone prefers Biden to Trump. It looks like somewhere around 50% of voters intend to vote for Biden, 40% intend to vote for Trump, and the other 10% haven’t made up their minds. It is noticeable that Biden is much more popular than Hillary Clinton though. He seems to be perceived as much more trustworthy, particularly by voters in the Midwest. The anti-Trump vote also seems to be much larger, with lots of former Republicans prepared to vote Trump out.

It’s interesting that you think the country keeps getting worse. By most measures, the country has improved significantly in your lifetime. People have a better standard of living, people are richer, living longer, more likely to be employed, better racial equality, better gender equality, better healthcare, better education, lots of previously common diseases have been greatly reduced.

Obviously you have taken some prominent backwards steps on criminal justice, the militarisation of the police, restrictions on immigration, and the expansion of the surveillance state, but it’s very hard to paint a picture of America consistently going backwards. You’ve had good presidents and politicians on both sides of the isle for most of the last 50 years, even though there’s an increasing chasm in both politics and competency between the two parties. People might not like everything about Reagan and Bush Snr but they were damn good at what they did.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 10:00 am

^^^

Great Check-List oF All of What is Despicable
About the Villain in Charge of This Nation
That is Becoming Increasingly a Killing Field
At the Hands of Ignorance; Lack of Empathy,
Sympathy, And Compassion; The total Opposite of
What 'Well Adjusted Human Beings to Life' See as A Leader to Be Elected And Respected.

Yes, By God of Nature, There is a Bigger Problem, comprising still around 33 Percent of the Electors
And That is Those Who Are Not Well Adjusted to a Well Being of Life in Total Balance.

A Crime Boss Cannot Survive Without A Target Audience Who Willingly Allows that
Crime Boss to take Advantage of Them. The Crime Boss As Always is the Villain (Demagogue),
The Anti-Hero; Without A Crime Audience That is Willing to Become Target, This Crime Does Not exist.

'Crime of the Century'
Must Be Willing to Take
ITS Place in HiStory; Current
Events Reveal This 'Revelation'
oF Old and New Testaments All
Around the World; Present Now Here and
in Similar Places Like Brazil; The 'Despicable
Leaders And ITS Minions' is Just Art of Reality Now.

"Child of Vision (The Newer Generations) Find A New Ambition"
'Breakfast In America' Is Currently Rotting into Refrigerator Trucks Ever Faster.

Perfect Storms of Ignorance Without Empathy, Sympathy, And Compassion Creates Humanity's Demise.

My advice:

Move to A Small Town;
Biggest Cities Are Breeding
Grounds for Humans Out of Balance;
Pandemic Violence Bait Through and Through...

New York; And Now Miami; And Los Angeles; Numbers Don't Lie.

This iS How Minions Rule; They Keep THeir Traditions oF iGnorance Together in Smaller Cities...

And they Go to 'Church' And Come Back
to Spread That ViRuS oF iGnorance, Overall;
As The Evidence At Hand Surely Current Events Relates;

Only Looking for a Leader
Without Empathy, Sympathy,
And Compassion to Let All
Hell Break Out oF 'Old Books'.

'Child of Vision Find a New Ambition';
Breakfast iN America Is Rotting in Biggest Cities....

-With A Little Help from 'Super Tramp'

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 10:38 am

The_Walrus wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Yes, it’s obviously not true that everyone prefers Biden to Trump. It looks like somewhere around 50% of voters intend to vote for Biden, 40% intend to vote for Trump, and the other 10% haven’t made up their minds. It is noticeable that Biden is much more popular than Hillary Clinton though. He seems to be perceived as much more trustworthy, particularly by voters in the Midwest. The anti-Trump vote also seems to be much larger, with lots of former Republicans prepared to vote Trump out.

It’s interesting that you think the country keeps getting worse. By most measures, the country has improved significantly in your lifetime. People have a better standard of living, people are richer, living longer, more likely to be employed, better racial equality, better gender equality, better healthcare, better education, lots of previously common diseases have been greatly reduced.

Obviously you have taken some prominent backwards steps on criminal justice, the militarisation of the police, restrictions on immigration, and the expansion of the surveillance state, but it’s very hard to paint a picture of America consistently going backwards. You’ve had good presidents and politicians on both sides of the isle for most of the last 50 years, even though there’s an increasing chasm in both politics and competency between the two parties. People might not like everything about Reagan and Bush Snr but they were damn good at what they did.

People on the right always think things are getting worse because they do not like change. Racists were even unhappy when black people were getting more freedom and then being included. I am pretty sure misogynists were not happy when women got more rights and couldn't beat them anymore or put them away in a mental hospital.

I am pretty sure ableists were not happy when inclusion came out for special need kids and when they could also be included in a public school.

To all these people, our country is getting worse as people get more rights.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 11:04 am

League_Girl wrote:
People on the right always think things are getting worse because they do not like change. Racists were even unhappy when black people were getting more freedom and then being included. I am pretty sure misogynists were not happy when women got more rights and couldn't beat them anymore or put them away in a mental hospital. I am pretty sure ableists were not happy when inclusion came out for special need kids and when they could also be included in a public school. To all these people, our country is getting worse as people get more rights.
"When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression." -- attributed to many

It must be hard for a lot of conservatives to accept the fact that the people they traditionally considered "inferior" are actually their equals -- and, in some cases, obviously superior in some way.

Like the kid whom everyone picked on in high school who earned a full-ride scholarship to university, and who was murdered before graduation by his classmates for being "uppity".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 11:19 am

Fnord wrote:
President Donald Trump's re-election campaign is floundering because he is incapable of doing anything but bragging about himself.  When delivering speaches, he tries to turn the focus from the coronavirus pandemic and the related economic fallout, he nurses private grievances publically, his delivery is muddled, and he goes off on whatever tangents seems to suit the moment.

When the pandemic erupted during the presidency of Donald J. Trump, his stratospheric self-absorption, ineptitude, denial of science, and callousness reached heights even his most ferocious critics couldn't have imagined.  His nostrums, including disinfectant, sunlight, and hydroxychloroquine, could be dismissed as comical if they weren't downright dangerous, encouraging possibly fatal experimentation, while breeding false hopes.

By portraying mask-wearing as effete and elitist, even as those who come near him are tested, disparaging social distancing (recall his reckless rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and unmasked Fourth of July celebration at South Dakota's Mount Rushmore), and downplaying the danger of a second wave of infections, President Trump has been the problem, not the solution. It would be hard to imagine a less suitable helmsman to steer this country out of a public health catastrophe. His eternal spin, tweets, and fulminations about "fake news" can't obscure the obvious: his administration's management of the pandemic has been shambolic.

He takes action to help his buddy, Roger Stone (a convicted felon), but he cannot take decisive steps to combat the coronavirus pandemic and save lives.  Trying to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci is merely a desperate and futile attempt divert blame for what is obviously Trump's very own ineptitude and catastrophic handling of the deadly pandemic.

What we are seeing in plain view is a narcissistic and antisocial president who is unstable and unraveling daily.  He is faced with falling poll numbers, a ferocious and ignored pandemic, an economic recession that he caused, a damaging tell-all book by his niece and defeats by the Supreme Court.

Trump's responses include, but are not limited to: bullying, claiming victimhood, conspiracy theories, corruption, incoherent tweets, lies, rants, reckless behavior, scapegoating, stubbornness, threats, total lack of empathy, unprecedented breaking of norms, use of projection, vindictiveness, whining, and his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions and his corruption.

Added to his personality is the strong likelihood of Trump's apparent cognitive decline.  His vocabulary range has narrowed.  His abstract thinking is limited.  His reasoning is shallow.  He is unfocused.  He has difficulty processing complex information.  His decision-making is impaired.  His judgment is poor.  He often appears listless and apathetic.  He repeats simple words and phrases over and over.  He cannot shift and adapt.  His gait can be abnormal.  He had trouble drinking a glass of water with one hand.  Trump's apparent cognitive decline could be reflective of dementia; such cognitive problems gradually get worse, not better.

Heading to the November election, Trump's mental faculties may continue to unravel in the face of mounting pressures and stress.  He will become increasingly erratic, unstable and desperate.  His display of power and corruption can not be hidden.  He will take great measures to suppress voter turnout.  He will incite racism and a culture war.  He will blame and scapegoat others.  He will engage in escalating rants, tweets, name-calling, accusations, overt threats, projections, bullying, lies, gaslighting, triangulation, obstruction and whining.  His thinking, reasoning, decision-making and judgment will likely continue to wane as he desperately tries to hold on to what little credibility he may have left.

The next four months will be unnerving and unsettling for sure.  Trump is unraveling before our eyes.  His mind may not hold together much longer.  We face a future when our Commander-In-Chief may no longer be capable of discerning an ally from an enemy ... if he is even capable of doing so in the present.
well freaking said!