Page 11 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 1:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my esteem for my fellow working class folk has gone down due to the fact that so many of them seem to think that trumpolini cares for them and has actually done something for them, when i fact he couldn't care less and he has done less than nothing for the working class, actually making things worse for them.

What's exciting about Joe Biden?

Be the hero of your life.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 2:19 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
my esteem for my fellow working class folk has gone down due to the fact that so many of them seem to think that trumpolini cares for them and has actually done something for them, when i fact he couldn't care less and he has done less than nothing for the working class, actually making things worse for them.

The only thing Biden has going for him is that he's not Trump. Some people are getting fed up with Trump's dog and pony show including other Republicans. They're tired of seeing the mess that America has become under his leadership. Contrary to what the MAGA cult thinks, Trump has NOT made America great again! Right now we are sick, poor, and angry with each other. That doesn't make a 'great' country.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 3:38 pm

But I thought that the sick and poor situation was not caused by Trump though, but by corona? What has Trump done to make the U.S. so bad though?

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 6:16 pm

ironpony wrote:
But I thought that the sick and poor situation was not caused by Trump though, but by corona? What has Trump done to make the U.S. so bad though?

If he were a real leader he would not have his countrymen at each other's throats during a time of crisis talking about the probability of civil war.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 9:45 pm

But isn't the brink of a civil war, which seems to be happening, the crisis right now?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 9:50 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The very fact that he is NOT exciting. :lol:

After the Trump circus we want a calm non-polarizing hand on the tiller of state. Not another flamboyant reality TV host.

Phoenix20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Aug 2020, 9:54 pm

Trump is fighting back against the Radical Left. The Radical Left want to defund the police. Trump regards Biden as Radical Left. Trump will maintain law and order. Black Lives Matter protests show how lawless the Radical Left can be. Trump is using law and order to take back the streets from the Radical Left.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 10:17 pm

nice copy-pasted recycled talking points from faux news. are you even trying

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 12:08 am

Why is Black Lives Matter constantly associated with the left though. Did they say they were leftist? How do you tell?

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The very fact that he is NOT exciting. :lol:

Oh, c'mon, stand by your man! How can it not get your heart pounding when a septuagenarian sniffs your hair? I get spectacularly turned on by it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:23 am

ironpony wrote:
Why is Black Lives Matter constantly associated with the left though. Did they say they were leftist? How do you tell?

The Right wing is associated with discrimination and racism and refuses to believe there is systemic racism. They also do not believe in black lives matter and they dismiss the issue.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:36 am

League_Girl wrote:
ironpony wrote:

The Right wing is associated with discrimination and racism and refuses to believe there is systemic racism. They also do not believe in black lives matter and they dismiss the issue.

OR, the right are OPPOSED to racism, and so don't support causes that benefit those of any one particular race over any other...Which is intentionally and incorrectly referred to as racism because it does not elevate the current "special" race above all others.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 1:44 am

Brictoria wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ironpony wrote:

OR, the right are OPPOSED to racism, and so don't support causes that benefit those of any one particular race over any other...Which is intentionally and incorrectly referred to as racism because it does not elevate the current "special" race above all others.

The right are in favour of continuing to perpetrate our existing problems with racism because they somehow have convinced themselves that addressing racism is the real racism. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 2:53 am

Oh okay, but do the left have a proposition to solve to the problem of racism? So far they are protesting about it, but do they have any propositions? Because it seems to me that yes, the right does not know to how to solve the problem, but the left does not either.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 4:35 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but do the left have a proposition to solve to the problem of racism? So far they are protesting about it, but do they have any propositions? Because it seems to me that yes, the right does not know to how to solve the problem, but the left does not either.

the right see our nation's problems as features. a divided left at each other's throats keeps the right sitting astride the rest of us. they see the lousy health care system as keeping the left [by and large lacking abundant $$$$$$$] weak and distracted. they see brutal fascist cops as keeping the left in their place, under the thumb of the monied right wing. they see our national debt as a deterrent to the social programs for the 99% that the right so hates. they see russia messing with our elections as well as their own tampering with our election infrastructure as a benefit because it is, for them, if not for the rest of us. finally and most recently, many of them talk amongst themselves about how the covid19 mess may well be a useful culling. i have right-wingnut relations that i hear actually say this stuff.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2020, 4:37 am

League_Girl wrote:

they do see that systemic racism exists [because they engage in it] and speak of it light-heartedly amongst themselves but refuse to acknowledge to outsiders [anybody not in their tribe, esp. POC] that it exists, this is a crucial distinction.