Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 6:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:
So, you think if Americans did the Holocaust, you would be proud of it? Because of the "being proud of your wars" thing?

They’re pretty proud of the whole European settlers arriving and murdering nearly 100,000,000 Indigenous people. They celebrate it every year by eating a big deep fried turkey dinner and watching American football on TV.

I’ve never had deep fried turkey and I don’t watch football.
And you know Canada has a dismal record on the rights of the Native people.

Canada and the US both have atrocious records in this regard. It's silly for American and Canadian posters to try to bash each other based on the other country's records, it just amounts to arguing over who has a tastier s**t sandwich.

It’s not just us, it’s all over the world.Like the Amazon.
I do get tired of people acting like America has a monopoly on evil.

Don't get me wrong, I understand indigenous peoples also face issues in Iberiosphere countries, it's just that I'm more informed about those issues within the Anglosphere.

I've thought of starting a history channel focused on the various thefts that built the colonial (and modern) world, but it would need to focus on the Anglosphere at first. Clearance and enclosure or the plantations in Ireland would likely get covered before I mention Latin America.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 9:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
magz wrote:
So, you think if Americans did the Holocaust, you would be proud of it? Because of the "being proud of your wars" thing?

They’re pretty proud of the whole European settlers arriving and murdering nearly 100,000,000 Indigenous people. They celebrate it every year by eating a big deep fried turkey dinner and watching American football on TV.

I’ve never had deep fried turkey and I don’t watch football.
And you know Canada has a dismal record on the rights of the Native people.

Canada and the US both have atrocious records in this regard. It's silly for American and Canadian posters to try to bash each other based on the other country's records, it just amounts to arguing over who has a tastier s**t sandwich.

It’s not just us, it’s all over the world.Like the Amazon.
I do get tired of people acting like America has a monopoly on evil.

Don't get me wrong, I understand indigenous peoples also face issues in Iberiosphere countries, it's just that I'm more informed about those issues within the Anglosphere.

I've thought of starting a history channel focused on the various thefts that built the colonial (and modern) world, but it would need to focus on the Anglosphere at first. Clearance and enclosure or the plantations in Ireland would likely get covered before I mention Latin America.

Yes, when someone shows up to colonize it’s never good for the people living there.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 3:47 am

magz wrote:
If all human nature was good, there would be no need for penal code.

Do you think the behaviors you described are what there should be?

Do you think you can convince humans not to torture and kill chickens and cows?

I think people pretend they're the "good guys".

Be the hero of your life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Jul 2020, 5:12 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
magz wrote:
If all human nature was good, there would be no need for penal code.

Do you think the behaviors you described are what there should be?

Do you think you can convince humans not to torture and kill chickens and cows?
Not to torture? Yes. Not to kill? Probably not until cheap in-vitro meat gets available worldwide. Humans are omnivores, balancing vegan diet is possible but not everyone can afford the effort.
I'm not vegan but I'm willing to pay more for free-range eggs and meat, for ethical reasons.

TheRobotLives wrote:
I think people pretend they're the "good guys".
Are you implying it's okay to be the bad guys?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>