Page 12 of 21 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

Which Religion Should Be The National Religion?
Animism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atheism 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Buddhism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Christianity 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Confucianism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Druidism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gnosticism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hinduism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Islam 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Jainism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Judaism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mormonism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paganism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scientology 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Shamanism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shintoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sikhism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zoroastrianism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: ________________ (Please elaborate). 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 33

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 12:23 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I heard that most European countries are actually less religious than the United States. Is that true?

It is so.

Source: https://www.pewforum.org/2018/06/13/why ... d-country/

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 12:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
... The gentiles need only follow the 7 Noachide laws and don't need to follow the 613 other commandments.
Links for proof, please?  There is no such "directive" in any legal system I know, so if you are aware of any such laws in any such system, then please post some links to them.
What are Benai Noach,The children of Noah or the righteous gentile,those that follow the 7 Noachide laws or Sheva Mitzvot

1.Don not worship idols.
2.Do not curse Gods name.
3.Establish courts of law.
4.Do not commit murder.
5.Do not commit adultery,sexual immorality or bestiality.
6.Do not steal.
7.Do not eat flesh torn from a live animal.

These laws are Talmudic and don't come from the Bible but the Talmud is inspired by the Bible.

The 7th is archaic,today we have freezers and people don't cut off a leg from a living cow or sheep to keep meat from going bad as was a custom in ancient middle east.The modern meaning of this law would be;Don't be cruel to animals.

You can find this on wikipedia under Noachide Laws.

Benai Noach is a growing community particularly in the deep south where religion is more prevalent and many people choose to become Benai Noach as opposed to the fundamentalist Christian churches or out right conversion to Judaism. Rod Bryant is a Noachide leader out of Houston, Texas and is found on youtube and Netiv.net.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:03 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
... These laws are Talmudic and don't come from the Bible ...
Then they are laws for the Jews to obey, and do not apply to anyone else, Christian, secular, or otherwise.  You may as well try to impose Indonesian blasphemy laws on Hollywood, so get over the fact that even the most well-researched Talmudic law has absolutely no authority over any American outside the Beiti or schuul.

For us here in American, our Constitution guarantees that the no laws will be enacted with respect to any one religion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
For us here in American, our Constitution guarantees that the no laws will be enacted with respect to any one religion.

And as always, there is strong popular commitment to upholding this Constitutional guarantee in the US...

oh, wait.

Half of all Black protestants and two thirds (!) of White Evangelicals are in favour of theocracy, it would seem...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm

Ahh .. but which Biblical laws from whose Bible?

Shall we follow the strict interpretation of Baptists, the Catholics, the Methodists, or the Jehovah's Witnesses?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Then they are laws for the Jews to obey, and do not apply to anyone else, Christian, secular, or otherwise.  You may as well try to impose Indonesian blasphemy laws on Hollywood, so get over the fact that even the most well-researched Talmudic law has absolutely no authority over any American outside the Beiti or schuul.

These are spiritual laws not anything having to do with secular law.No person Jew or gentile is legally bound by them.
They are the laws or commandments that Judaism has determined that gentiles need follow to be righteous by the God of Israel.Gentiles can eat pork all day if want and still be righteous as long as they follow the laws of Noach.

It has nothing to do with the secular legal system,it's like the Ten Commandments it's your choice to follow them.

If you don't want to be a Benai Noach then don't be a Benai Noach,it's your choice.I don't care what religion you choose to follow.I am offering a different perspective than the Christianity vs Atheism you always see on PPR,I'm not proselytizing,please believe what you want.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:31 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Then they are laws for the Jews to obey, and do not apply to anyone else, Christian, secular, or otherwise.  You may as well try to impose Indonesian blasphemy laws on Hollywood, so get over the fact that even the most well-researched Talmudic law has absolutely no authority over any American outside the Beiti or schuul.  For us here in American, our Constitution guarantees that the no laws will be enacted with respect to any one religion.
These are spiritual laws...
Again, irrelevant outside of your religion's "spiritual" environment.

Do not try to impose your religion on others ... especially me.  I hate religion of any kind, and all of the evil and misery religion imposes outside the inner circles of those hypocrites who interpret their "spiritual laws" for others to obey without question, but not for themselves.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 1:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Then they are laws for the Jews to obey, and do not apply to anyone else, Christian, secular, or otherwise.  You may as well try to impose Indonesian blasphemy laws on Hollywood, so get over the fact that even the most well-researched Talmudic law has absolutely no authority over any American outside the Beiti or schuul.  For us here in American, our Constitution guarantees that the no laws will be enacted with respect to any one religion.
These are spiritual laws...
Again, irrelevant outside of your religion's "spiritual" environment.

Do not try to impose your religion on others ... especially me.  I hate religion of any kind, and all of the evil and misery religion imposes outside the inner circles of those hypocrites who interpret those "spiritual laws" for others to obey without question, but not for themselves.
I am offering new information that people have never heard of for informational purposes.I didn't start the thread on what religion America should be,I just added to it with some different perspectives that no one else is talking about.I'm not a religious person either at least not in the traditional sense of the word.

I'm in no way am I trying to convert you to be a Benai Noach,I just pointed out that orthodox Jews don't care if gentiles eat pork.There is absolutely no reason for you to to offended but it's PPR so things get ugly sometimes.

You seem to want to pick a fight for any reason even if a threat is not real.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2020, 2:58 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So far, only 3 out of the 25 people who answered the poll believe that Christianity should be the national religion.

That's only 12% (24% favor Atheism); yet most of the discussion has been about Christianity.

That's a lot of talk for so little representation.

A lot of people hold grudges against Christians. It couldn't be because of the way they have conquered much of the world through colonization and forced their beliefs on others, could it? :chin:

Did Christians conquer or civilize much of the world? Christians send missionaries to share what God revealed but don't force their beliefs on others. Everywhere Christians went, morality, civilized behavior, a good work ethic, and often increased wealth and prosperity followed. Europe was a mess after the Roman empire fell to barbarians. It was Christians who civilized it by sharing their faith and getting people to live for God.

Colonization helped those countries. Before apartheid ended in South Africa, they struggled to combat illegal immigration from black Africans just like "racist" America struggles to keep non-white immigrants out who risk their lives to move to this "racist" country. Despite being so "racist", South Africa couldn't stop black people from breaking the law to move there. Once the colonizers left, those countries went downhill fast. South Africa went from being a supplier of food to the rest of Africa to needing to import food. They went from having almost no drug problems to an epidemic of drug addiction. The murder rate skyrocketed so much that many foreigners were afraid to visit.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2020, 3:08 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
A lot of people hold grudges against Christians. It couldn't be because of the way they have conquered much of the world through colonization and forced their beliefs on others, could it? :chin:

Abolished slavery. Twice. Your move, rest of the world.

OK so they used it both for justifying slavery AND abolishing slavery. But what about the suppression of women and homosexuals that's been going on for centuries? Modern Christians who are pro-equality don't so much use scripture to defend feminism and LGBT rights as much as they simply ignore the parts of the bible that say women are basically inferior to men and that homosexuals are abominations and deserve to be killed.

Where in the gospels did Jesus instruct His followers to kill homosexuals?

Who said anything about Jesus? Besides Jesus didn't exactly defend homosexuals. I don't think he even acknowledge that they existed.

Do you have any evidence that homosexuals existed in the first century?

Quote:
Leviticus on the other hand clearly says that we are to be killed for being "abominations".

Completely false! Neither Leviticus, nor any other book in the Bible, condemn homosexuality as a sin nor call for any "homosexuals" (people with same sex attraction) to be killed or harmed in any way. The Bible does condemn immoral behavior as an abomination and the death penalty was a punishment for wicked actions but those laws applied to everyone, regardless of "orientation." The Christian church and Her bible has NEVER referred to homosexuals as abominations nor said they deserve to be harmed in any way. The church has always welcomed homosexuals and even has homosexual priests since same sex attraction has never been considered a sin.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 3:23 pm

...I guess you can't reason with fanatics. :roll:

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 3:30 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So far, only 3 out of the 25 people who answered the poll believe that Christianity should be the national religion.

That's only 12% (24% favor Atheism); yet most of the discussion has been about Christianity.

That's a lot of talk for so little representation.

Did Christians conquer or civilize much of the world? Christians send missionaries to share what God revealed but don't force their beliefs on others. Everywhere Christians went, morality, civilized behavior, a good work ethic, and often increased wealth and prosperity followed. Europe was a mess after the Roman empire fell to barbarians. It was Christians who civilized it by sharing their faith and getting people to live for God.

Colonization helped those countries. Before apartheid ended in South Africa, they struggled to combat illegal immigration from black Africans just like "racist" America struggles to keep non-white immigrants out who risk their lives to move to this "racist" country. Despite being so "racist", South Africa couldn't stop black people from breaking the law to move there. Once the colonizers left, those countries went downhill fast. South Africa went from being a supplier of food to the rest of Africa to needing to import food. They went from having almost no drug problems to an epidemic of drug addiction. The murder rate skyrocketed so much that many foreigners were afraid to visit.

Are you even aware of how racist all this sounds? "Oh everything was so good because of us white people they owe us for stealing their land to make it more 'civilized' and without us they're just dirty godless murderers and criminals blah blah blah!! !"

I mean seriously, THIS is precisely why I say white culture borders on narcissism! :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 4:47 pm

It always surprises me (but no longer amazes me) that there are still some (allegedly) very religious people who are also very racist and/or sexist in word and deed, and yet they also fervently claim that they cannot possibly be racist/sexist because their religion does not permit it.  All of which is yet another reason why there is not and should not be a national religion; nor should there ever be secular enforcement of religious doctrine ever again.

The only thing that surprises me more is when some (allegedly) religious people interpret their "holy" writings in a way that is the complete opposite of any literal meaning, especially the original Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic writings.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 6:29 pm

It's Worth Noting, Just for the point of Common Sense; 'No Duh Moments' Now;
And the Such; That Condemning Folks Who Do Heterosexual Behavior in Marriage
Is No More Evil than Condemning Folks Who Do Homosexual Behavior in Marriage;

Yes, in or out of Marriage too; Per This Illustration Provided Above, Succinctly Now;

On the One Hand, Heterosexuals Are Being Condemned For Expressing Their Nature;

On the Other Hand, Homosexuals Are Being Condemned For Expressing Their Nature;

Jesus F(un) in Christ,
NoW if Ya Condemn
Angels From Using
Their Wings; by God
One Is Still Condemning Angels.

One Other Note, No Matter How Hard
A Hurricane Blows, You Condemn The Winds; You Condemn
The Hurricane As Winds Are Hurricanes Too, Point of Fact;

Same Applies to Natural Body Parts in Use for Who A Person
Is; Homosexual, Heterosexual Same, and Different too. Nature Don't
Give A Rat's Butt; No Matter What's Written in a Human Written Book;
On The Other Hand, Considering A Rodent is Both Our Common Ancestor 75 Million Ago...

Yes, We All
Give a Rat's Butt too...

The Moldy 'Old Time' Religious Argument
That Hating Someone's Natural Behavior Now
That Is Integral to Who They Are Is not Hating
Them or Condemning them Forever to a Made-Up Hell
Myth to Control And Subjugate the Same and Different too;
Is So Face Palm Forest Thick; That the Whole Religion Needs
an Enema
at least...

As Frankly
Nature Don't Give
A Dam, in Scarlet Letter
Churches that Support
A Father oF All Lies at the Pulpit;

i tell Ya what; 'They' Better Pray 'Their
Book iS oNly a Myth; for the Judgin' That's a
Comin' Other wise will Lie at THeir Feet on Fifth Avenue too...

Meanwhile, Back At 'The Ranch'; The 'Garden of Eden'; All the Bees
And Butterflies Are A Buzzing And A Fluttering With HeART BeatS in Bird
Song of Love With Ever Green Trees And Other Trees Preparing For Fall
And New Spring Grass Leaves Still to Come Again; 'Eve' Is A Smiling and So am i...

And Rabbits And Squirrels Are Really Fed Well Free; And Multiplying the Same;

WHere Ever Love Breathes; the Essence of the Jesus Story IS ALIVE; HALLELUJAH JeSuS
STiLL Lives As LoVE iN Metaphor For Wherever Love Truly Breathes Now Without Fear of
Criticism; With No Need For Worship; Just Good Old Love As New As Forever Eternally Now Within

Just to Give and
Share Free Now
With Least Harm
For All Free too;

This Celebration
Deserves A Song;
A Cadillac; A Woman
With a Very Powerful Push Up Bra;
And a Voice With Lungs That Really
Will Carry A Tune Now; He's Alive!; Sweet JeSuS AMeN Love Still Breathes!

Honestly, Roll Away the Stone And Just Let Everyone Enjoy the Right to
Life And Liberty And Their Own Natural Love With And For All with Least Harm
iN THeir Own Personal Flavor of the Pursuit of Happiness For Heaven Within Now to
Do the SaME And Different True
in LiGHT
And DarK
too; But
Wait!
THeRE iS
Already A Place
WHeRE This GreaTesT
National Religion Breathes
The New Jerusalem; The Real
Israel Now; The United States
Declaration of Independence for
A Constantly Improving Greater Union
For All to Exercise Their Right to Life And
Liberty And their Colors of Heaven in Happiness Now

Did Ya Miss A 'Rapture';

It Already Happened Here;
At Least for those Who Understand
How to Exercise their Rights to Freedoms
This is the Kingdom of Love And Life Free AS HeAVeN NoW!

As We Stand Upon the Bones and Blood oF aLL The Heroes
That Bring this GReaTesT Opportunity For Freedom of LoVE NoW;

Indeed,
Let's Just
Stand Up Sit
Down or Just
Smile Now Yes
And Give Great
Thanks And Praise
to Freedom And Happiness
Loving This Life Free Now;
Does Love Need Another
Name But Love; Sure
Name Love God
iF Ya Love
to practice
This
Country's
Religion of Freedom Now!

Sadly, Many People Who Are
Born Here; Don't Understand
The Extent of What BRinGS This
Freedom Here; Namely, Folks Like 'Trump';
aS How Many Times Will He Have to Prove He
Comes From an Entirely Other Place on '5th Avenue' still...

It's True; in Both DarK And LiGHT; 'Both' Are Still Alive or Living Dead Now...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 10:31 pm

emotrtkey wrote:

Are you unaware of the murderous crusades committed by the Christian "crusaders" who invaded the East?
It seems not. They were driven by greed and the desire to take what was not theirs, with bloodthirsty hatred and immense cruelty. They were murderers and thieves claiming to be holy.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 10:35 pm

B19 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

Are you unaware of the murderous crusades committed by the Christian "crusaders" who invaded the East?
It seems not. They were driven by greed and the desire to take what was not theirs, with bloodthirsty hatred and immense cruelty. They were murderers and thieves claiming to be holy.

Or the deeds of Charlemagne for that matter

Quote:
The Massacre of Verden was an event during the Saxon Wars where the Frankish king Charlemagne ordered the death of 4,500 Saxons in October 782. Charlemagne claimed suzerainty over Saxony and in 772 destroyed the Irminsul, an important object in Saxon paganism, during his intermittent thirty-year campaign to Christianize the Saxons. The massacre occurred in Verden in what is now Lower Saxony, Germany.