Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 2:19 pm

Do people actually think that immoral sexual behavior is going to make a difference in 2020 politics? Unless it is something like raping a minor the last 30 years despite #MeToo arising says otherwise.

Besides this is the candidate's son, not the candidate.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:07 pm

Romofan wrote:
The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.

But you love Obama, who saw Haiti, Syria, and Libya exploited and/or eliminated by American-related forces. The flood of refugees that destabilized Europe happened in large part on his watch. Our relations with Russia and North Korea, two nuclear powers, were dangerously unstable. And our economy stank. Obama was a straight-up Wall Street puppet handpicked by the odious warmonger Zbigniew Brzezinski.

But you love him...

What The Walrus said.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What The Walrus said.
If the best that the Trumpsters can do is do dig up surface dirt on opposing candidates' relatives, then they're not trying very hard.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What The Walrus said.
If the best that the Trumpsters can do is do dig up surface dirt on opposing candidates' relatives, then they're not trying very hard.

Or there just isn't anything much for them to dig up.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:29 pm

This is hilarious.

I got the idea for this thread from Kraichgauer's quite very popular "Trump says the troops are losers" thread.

Which was totally spiteful heresay

Yet few moderators or posters had any problem with it.

I guess it's a case of whose ox is being gored...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:35 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2019/12/23/best-stories-of-the-decade-how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#579a35624779

(Sigh) Trump did, did, did.

Originally published June 6, 2017.

Fact checks in 2019 (both the one you supplied, and the one I had previously linked) disproved the claim...

This "obstinate dedication to a nonexistent image of Trump" which you hold must be deeply embedded if you have to use discredited claims to support it...

:wall: If you want to believe and defend a man who isn't even your country's leader, then go ahead. Trump and his litter have not been able to operate a charity in New York since, and that is indisputable. The man had cheated workers, contractors, and partners to enrich himself. That is the Donald Trump of reality. The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.

And not once have I argued about any of that: All I have asked is for evidence that he "stole from a kids cancer charity", which you had been repeatedly claiming, but were unable to provide any evidence to support.

The fact that you cannot produce any evidence of this would indicate that the claim is indeed false, which was all I was trying to confirm one way or another.

I have no problem with people "attacking" him for valid reasons: It's when they have to resort to lies\misrepresentation\inuendo in order to do so that I find offensive - If he is as bad as people make him out to be, why are the lies, etc. necessary?

Besides, enough lies\misrepresentations\anonymous, unsubstantiated claims ("fine people" hoax, "stealing from kids charity", calling soldiers who died in wars "losers" or "suckers" claim, etc.) and when an actual problem comes to light no-one will believe it as a result of the lies\misrepresentations\unsubstantiated claims, and it may push people to take his side as a result of all the past lies about him...

Trump did steal from his own cancer charity. He does sympathize with the racist right (birtherism in itself was a racist hoax pushed by Trump). I have no reason not to believe Trump denigrated fallen American soldiers. People who take Trump's side because they believe this is all a conspiracy by liberal pedophilic cannibals were never going to support anyone but Trump in the first place.
As for so called valid reasons: There's Trump's terminally mishandling of Covid, including leading his followers to believe that the virus is all a hoax. Even irresponsibly dismantling the medical team assembled by Obama to handle such plagues.
There's Trump's attempts to lose our best friends and allies, all so he can court dangerous, anti-democratic strongmen like Putin, Duerte, Kim, and Erdogan. That includes his collusion with Russia; a thing verified recently by a largely Republican senate committee.
There's his trade war with China, which has left much of rural America destitute.
Then there's his obsession with Barack Obama, destroying Obama's legacy entirely out of feelings of inadequacies for his predecessor. For instance, after trying to kill the ACA, Trump failed to replace it with anything.
I could go on and on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:42 pm

Romofan wrote:
This is hilarious.

I got the idea for this thread from Kraichgauer's quite very popular "Trump says the troops are losers" thread.

Which was totally spiteful heresay

Yet few moderators or posters had any problem with it.

I guess it's a case of whose ox is being gored...

No, it's a major news story, thus fit to print on WP. Trust me, I've been b*tched out by the mods in my time for stepping over the line, but this isn't one of them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:
This is hilarious.  I got the idea for this thread from Kraichgauer's quite very popular "Trump says the troops are losers" thread.  Which was totally spiteful heresay.  Yet few moderators or posters had any problem with it.  I guess it's a case of whose ox is being gored...
No, it's a major news story, thus fit to print on WP. Trust me, I've been b*tched out by the mods in my time for stepping over the line, but this isn't one of them.
Seconded.  DJT hates the military.  He even tells the Chiefs of Staff that he appointed that they are at fault for all of the wars in which the U.S. is currently involved, when with just the stroke of a pen, DJT could cease all hostilities and bring all of the troops back home.  But no ... that would leave Cadet Bonespur with no one to blame for his own lack of intestinal fortitude.

Sad.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 4:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:
The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.

But you love Obama, who saw Haiti, Syria, and Libya exploited and/or eliminated by American-related forces. The flood of refugees that destabilized Europe happened in large part on his watch. Our relations with Russia and North Korea, two nuclear powers, were dangerously unstable. And our economy stank. Obama was a straight-up Wall Street puppet handpicked by the odious warmonger Zbigniew Brzezinski.

But you love him...

What The Walrus said.

Can you explain to me, in your own words, what the Walrus said? I'm stoopid, be gentle with me. Cover all his points if you will. Thanks!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 4:55 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:
The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.  But you love Obama, who saw Haiti, Syria, and Libya exploited and/or eliminated by American-related forces.  The flood of refugees that destabilized Europe happened in large part on his watch.  Our relations with Russia and North Korea, two nuclear powers, were dangerously unstable.  And our economy stank.  Obama was a straight-up Wall Street puppet handpicked by the odious warmonger Zbigniew Brzezinski.  But you love him...
What The Walrus said.
Can you explain to me, in your own words, what the Walrus said?  I'm stoopid, be gentle with me. Cover all his points if you will.  Thanks!
The_Walrus's own words regarding Romofan's post are sufficient.
The_Walrus wrote:
This is nonsense, occasionally incoherent...
Have a nice day!

:D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 5:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:
The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.  But you love Obama, who saw Haiti, Syria, and Libya exploited and/or eliminated by American-related forces.  The flood of refugees that destabilized Europe happened in large part on his watch.  Our relations with Russia and North Korea, two nuclear powers, were dangerously unstable.  And our economy stank.  Obama was a straight-up Wall Street puppet handpicked by the odious warmonger Zbigniew Brzezinski.  But you love him...
What The Walrus said.
Can you explain to me, in your own words, what the Walrus said?  I'm stoopid, be gentle with me. Cover all his points if you will.  Thanks!
The_Walrus's own words regarding Romofan's post are sufficient.
The_Walrus wrote:
This is nonsense, occasionally incoherent...
Have a nice day!

:D

So you don't know either.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 5:41 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:

But you love him...

What The Walrus said.

Can you explain to me, in your own words, what the Walrus said? I'm stoopid, be gentle with me. Cover all his points if you will. Thanks!

In a nutshell - While Obama was hardly perfect, he was still much better than Trump as a chief executive, and as a human being, hardly responsible for the calamities the previous poster had tried to attribute to him.
That is the The-Walrus post you were referring to, wasn't it?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 5:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:

But you love him...

What The Walrus said.

In a nutshell - While Obama was hardly perfect, he was still much better than Trump as a chief executive, and as a human being, hardly responsible for the calamities the previous poster had tried to attribute to him.

Yes. And that tells me nothing. Let's narrow it down to the Syrian conflict. What do you know about that? I'm assuming you already know the US was arming terrorist groups in that country to take out Assad, yes?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 5:55 pm

What The Walrus said...

Here's all I will say about that. You take a board which is, for whatever reasons, skewed against a issue far more than the general population...and you add a number of highly active and not in the least shy moderators whom are skewed in the same way, and the results will eventually...

...well, I reiterate that I will not argue with a moderator, (or be baited into saying something untoward that results in punitive action just because I hold a certain, highly popular, in reality, political position...)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 6:58 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Romofan wrote:

But you love him...

What The Walrus said.

Yes. And that tells me nothing. Let's narrow it down to the Syrian conflict. What do you know about that? I'm assuming you already know the US was arming terrorist groups in that country to take out Assad, yes?

Syria was such a cluster*uck that it was impossible to tell the bad guys from the good guys - - if there were any good guys. But you know the old saying: the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And Assad and ISIS definitely were not our friends. It's only in the movies, but rarely in real life, that one side is entirely virtuous while the other is entirely evil.
And I can predict your next question - - why get involved at all? Well, ISIS was responsible for a cataclysmic humanitarian disaster which we could not have in good conscience looked away from. That doesn't mean everything turns out hunkydory, as again, that usually just happens in the movies.
There are others better versed than me in the subject of foreign affairs who can elaborate much better than me. None of which are the WP Trump fan club.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 7:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2019/12/23/best-stories-of-the-decade-how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#579a35624779

(Sigh) Trump did, did, did.

Originally published June 6, 2017.

Fact checks in 2019 (both the one you supplied, and the one I had previously linked) disproved the claim...

This "obstinate dedication to a nonexistent image of Trump" which you hold must be deeply embedded if you have to use discredited claims to support it...

:wall: If you want to believe and defend a man who isn't even your country's leader, then go ahead. Trump and his litter have not been able to operate a charity in New York since, and that is indisputable. The man had cheated workers, contractors, and partners to enrich himself. That is the Donald Trump of reality. The humble man who loves children and puppies, upright businessman, and man of faith and probable next messiah is a figment of his voters collective fevered imagination.

And not once have I argued about any of that: All I have asked is for evidence that he "stole from a kids cancer charity", which you had been repeatedly claiming, but were unable to provide any evidence to support.

The fact that you cannot produce any evidence of this would indicate that the claim is indeed false, which was all I was trying to confirm one way or another.

I have no problem with people "attacking" him for valid reasons: It's when they have to resort to lies\misrepresentation\inuendo in order to do so that I find offensive - If he is as bad as people make him out to be, why are the lies, etc. necessary?

Besides, enough lies\misrepresentations\anonymous, unsubstantiated claims ("fine people" hoax, "stealing from kids charity", calling soldiers who died in wars "losers" or "suckers" claim, etc.) and when an actual problem comes to light no-one will believe it as a result of the lies\misrepresentations\unsubstantiated claims, and it may push people to take his side as a result of all the past lies about him...

Trump did steal from his own cancer charity.

I notice you removed the "kids" part of this...Do you have anything to support THIS claim? After the difficulty in getting you to realize your claims about his stealing from a "kids cancer charity" were false (or, in common terms, lies), seeing a similar claim being made without evidence does give rise to the possibility it may hold an equal lack of factual basis\truth...