Page 7 of 19 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2020, 7:54 am

If Donald Trump were a bit younger, and single, and we happened to meet, I'd definitely date him/marry him :wink: :heart: . Of course, I'd be super jealous of all his exes, but he's rich, smart, and powerful. What's not to love? Besides, our personalities are actually similar, in that we both speak our mind, no matter what others think. Trump and I are both a little cray-cray, but functionally insane. I think Trump is doing a great job.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 2:30 pm

I'm not sure I have any reason to be afraid of Donald Trump anymore, apparently he prefers to harm children:

https://www.ericschwartzman.com/wp-cont ... tery-1.pdf

Why exactly did QAnon pick a child molester to be their hero again?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Strangelittlegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2020, 2:56 pm

In a word, yes.

In a bullet point list:

-- I'm black and there's a collection of people out there that think me and my family are dangerous and those people LOVE him. That ought to be an alarm for everyone.

-- I'm a woman. I don't think he has the best interests of women in mind at all and he never has unless they're submissive and profess they're undying love to him.

-- I'm gay. His evangelical base seems to think that I'm going to hell, so, well, so does he.

-- He's a bully. He is. Don't at me about how he's not. I've never seen anyone act like him that wasn't straight off an elementary school playground. And even if you ignore all the awful things he's actually done, I don't get why just that isn't enough for people not to follow him.

-- Lastly, since he's been in office people are actually debating indefensible things - like my right to exist or my right to choose what's right for my body. I'm not debating that here or anywhere else.

So, yeah. I'm sorry if you love him, but he's actually an awful person.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2020, 3:21 pm

^^^
You guys are certainly entitled to your opinions. But how has Trump ever questioned anyone's right to exist? I mean, he's not a genocidal maniac.
And as for telling people what to do with their own bodies, the left does just a good of a job of that with this whole BS mask mandate thing.
And also, Trump usually only insults and attacks those who provoke him or start trouble with him. That's not being a "bully". Politicians of both parties like to sling mud at one another. Personally, I find these tactics childish. That being said, Trump's remarks are both true and pretty darned hilarious. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 12:20 am

"...trump's remarks are both truly wretched and pretty damnable." fixed it for ya.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2020, 8:30 am

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure I have any reason to be afraid of Donald Trump anymore, apparently he prefers to harm children:

I'm curious as to the outcome of this court case. If there were sufficient evidence to award in the plaintiff's favor, there would likely be sufficient evidence to indict on criminal charges. Since that hasn't happened, it stands to reason this was likely a false accusation. If these claims were substantiated, this would have been all over the news. Wealthy, powerful people are commonly sued for various things, typically without just cause, as people are looking for a way to discredit them or get their money.
I've never said that President Trump was perfect. I mean, he's not Jesus. I'm sure he has done some "inappropriate" things in the past. This typically is the case with people who are wealthy and powerful. I just don't see any convincing evidence that he has broken the law. Apparently, neither do the courts.
And, given the current alternatives, in my opinion, Trump is the best option.
Others are free to disagree. We all have our opinions, for various reasons. I am aware I am not likely to convert any hard-core leftists to our cause. And the left certainly will not convince me to follow their beliefs.
When it comes down to it, debates like this serve no logical purpose, given the statement above. We will only anger each other and spread negativity. This benefits no one.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2020, 9:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
"...trump's remarks are both truly wretched and pretty damnable." fixed it for ya.

No, you didn't "fix" anything. The above comment is YOUR opinion, not mine. Don't put words in my mouth. It's fine if you don't agree but it is not acceptable to force your views on others. My son and I have shirts that say "if you don't like Trump, then you probably won't like me, and I'm okay with that". If you find me wretched, damnable, and "deplorable", I'm fine with that. I'll wear your labels like a badge of honor :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 12:35 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm curious as to the outcome of this court case. If there were sufficient evidence to award in the plaintiff's favor, there would likely be sufficient evidence to indict on criminal charges. Since that hasn't happened, it stands to reason this was likely a false accusation. If these claims were substantiated, this would have been all over the news. Wealthy, powerful people are commonly sued for various things, typically without just cause, as people are looking for a way to discredit them or get their money.

Failure to convict doesn't mean he didn't do it or that she's lying about it, only that they didn't have sufficient evidence. Sexual assault cases have low conviction rates so it wouldn't be surprising that an old case without physical evidence wouldn't proceed to trial, especially when the Trump's cult are known to send death threats to those who criticize Dear Leader. Maybe everyone who's ever accused Trump of sexual assault is lying but it seems more likely that Trump is the liar because he's a well known liar.

If I mug you and the courts don't find me guilty, you still got mugged and I'm still the guy who did it.

I'm not concerned about changing anyone's mind, merely reminding everyone what supporting him entails. At the end of the day you'll do what you feel is right, as one should.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 1:10 pm

Pretty naïve to assume someone didn't do it if they were found not guilty. What about if they have never been convicted of a crime? Means nothing. It just means they never got caught.

I often wonder how many criminals have gotten away with crime. We have unsolved criminal cases, no one ever solved the case of JonBenet Ramsey, no one ever solved the case of that disappearance of that 8 year old girl in 1962 in the Seattle area (people have suspected Ted Bundy because she was last seen with him). Then we have cases where they know who the suspect is but they are not able to find the suspect until many years; that church bombing that happened in 1963, the last man wasn't caught until I was in junior high and that was in 1998. Then in 2001 I remember when that Green River killer was caught. Ted Bundy got away with many crimes. He was only caught with few of them.

And don't forget OJ Simpson who had killed his wife, he was found not guilty. Everyone knew he did it but the jurors couldn't find him guilty due to evidence in court.

And statistics have shown many rapists get away with rape.

Women are more likely to come forward if they see one woman saying how she was raped by that same person. I won't be surprised if Trump is found not guilty to all these.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 1:10 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
If I met him in person, I wouldn't be afraid, but I am afraid of what he wants to and will try to do, and the lengths he will go to to do it.

What do you think he wants to do that scares you so bad?

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2020, 2:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Pretty naïve to assume someone didn't do it if they were found not guilty. What about if they have never been convicted of a crime? Means nothing. It just means they never got caught.

I often wonder how many criminals have gotten away with crime. We have unsolved criminal cases, no one ever solved the case of JonBenet Ramsey, no one ever solved the case of that disappearance of that 8 year old girl in 1962 in the Seattle area (people have suspected Ted Bundy because she was last seen with him). Then we have cases where they know who the suspect is but they are not able to find the suspect until many years; that church bombing that happened in 1963, the last man wasn't caught until I was in junior high and that was in 1998. Then in 2001 I remember when that Green River killer was caught. Ted Bundy got away with many crimes. He was only caught with few of them.

And don't forget OJ Simpson who had killed his wife, he was found not guilty. Everyone knew he did it but the jurors couldn't find him guilty due to evidence in court.

And statistics have shown many rapists get away with rape.

Women are more likely to come forward if they see one woman saying how she was raped by that same person. I won't be surprised if Trump is found not guilty to all these.

Perhaps.... But I wouldn't judge someone based on rumor or accusations. I'd need more proof. I believe a person is "innocent until proven guilty", not the other way around. Even though sometimes, the guilty are acquitted and the innocent are found guilty.
I will admit that there was a time when I was not a huge fan of Trump, before he got deeply involved in politics. I have since grown to like him very much because his beliefs on politics are very close to mine. We also have some similar personality traits (big mouth, good at offending people, etc. :lol: ). Maybe it's because we're both Geminis, if you believe in astrology.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 3:31 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
^^^
You guys are certainly entitled to your opinions. But how has Trump ever questioned anyone's right to exist? I mean, he's not a genocidal maniac.
And as for telling people what to do with their own bodies, the left does just a good of a job of that with this whole BS mask mandate thing.
And also, Trump usually only insults and attacks those who provoke him or start trouble with him. That's not being a "bully". Politicians of both parties like to sling mud at one another. Personally, I find these tactics childish. That being said, Trump's remarks are both true and pretty darned hilarious. :lol:

1)we know that we are entitled to our opinions. So why inform us of that?

2)He is not a genocidal maniac? Talking about damning with faint praise! Vote for Naturalplastic because he is not a genocidal maniac. Trump is all about reversing rights of groups like women, minorities, etc.

3) He insults everyone who criticizes him. He does it childish ways, and goes after the person, and not the criticism. He expects personal loyalty. He is being a bully.

4) How is "the left" telling you what to do with your body? Public distancing, and wearing masks, has nothing to do with left vs right. Its what the medical experts want us to do to keep from dying. Would you prefer to catch, and or spread, a dangerouos infection?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 3:59 pm

Trump maybe brash, bombastic, offensive ... however .. his policies are more appealing to me ...

Biden:
1. Biden wants to resurrect tax (ACA penalty) for people who cannot afford health insurance.

Talk about kicking a person when they're down.

2. Biden wants to raise numerous taxes. Including curtailing 401k deductions.

3. Biden says on "day one" he wants to legalize all illegal aliens, and let in banned Muslims.

4. Biden's 40+ year career as a politician should make one dubious about his intentions.

Likely, most of what he says are lies.

5. A few days ago, in a speech, Biden said he is running for the Senate.

Lost his marbles?

6. Biden wants to create a new import tax on products that would be a tax increase on all Americans.

7. Biden seems so old and confused, and sold to donors, that one wonders, who are his puppet masters?

8. Biden seems to be entrenched into the left's *everything is racism*, *racist country*, *racist boogeyman holding you back*.

This is offensive to me, since it's a negative message, rather than a positive message to overcome challenges.

9. Biden is likely to go along with freedom-limiting changes.

The best part of Biden is that likely most of what he says are lies, and he will accomplish little, and fall back on being a moderate.

Be the hero of your life.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:06 pm

Nowadays, I fear EVERYTHING! I don’e even leave my bedroom most of the time, let alone my apartment.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 8:37 pm

Bataar wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
If I met him in person, I wouldn't be afraid, but I am afraid of what he wants to and will try to do, and the lengths he will go to to do it.

What do you think he wants to do that scares you so bad?

a sociopath sees something you have that they want, and they won't stop until they have taken it from you. :idea:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 8:41 pm

and kicking a person when they are down means [among a myriad of other things] telling them if they are ill and poor, "we like our exorbitantly and criminally dear health care system to systematically price riffraff like you out, FOREVER-" just to see you suffer and keep you down and in your place, and preferably DEAD!"