The Palestinians were the "original Canaanites"

Page 1 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 1:30 am

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/14/iva ... estinians/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -civilians

And yesterday, Palestinian politicians were repeating what their said in February at UN.

And this was a turning point self-identity that differs greatly from the previous pan-arabic view (those believe in Arab ancestry) and pan-Islamic (Islamists also deny Canaanite ancestry due to the same biblical-based beliefs they share with the other Abrahamic religions) :

Quote:
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas lashed out on Wednesday at U.S. President Donald Trump over his decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. In Cairo, Abbas also said that the Palestinians were the "original Canaanites" and were in Jerusalem from before the Jews.

And that's a true, Palestinians more likely share ancestry with Lebanese, and 90% of Lebanese sample been scientifically proven to be direct descendants of Canaanites:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... chaeology/

The Bible had lied when it said that Israelites had exterminated all Canaanites and took their place.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 3:27 am

I have nothing to contribute except this great early American hymn.

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 9:11 am

It was a very injudicious move on Trump's part to move the embassy to Jerusalem...….to say the least.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 9:46 am

Darmok wrote:
I have nothing to contribute except this great early American hymn.

Here is sumpin' with a little more rhythm:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 9:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It was a very injudicious move on Trump's part to move the embassy to Jerusalem...….to say the least.

Yep.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Anything to keep the fundie and holy roller voters, as they believe moving Israel's capitol to Jerusalem moves us that much closer to the end of the world they so yearn for.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Anything to keep the fundie and holy roller voters, as they believe moving Israel's capitol to Jerusalem moves us that much closer to the end of the world they so yearn for.

Kraichgauer wrote:
This all happened so Trump could keep the support of his fundie and holy roller supporters, as they believe when Christ returns to Jerusalem he'll reward them and Trump for their faith by rapturing them off naked to heaven.

Yes, that nonsensical and insane financial US support (billions and billions of $) for Israel is really due to religious grounds - the US is largely Protestant - and Protestant churches are by far more Old Testament inclined (almost "Jewish-Christian") than Catholics/Christian Orthodoxes (Both these two were originally one church).

The average US citizens aren't really benefiting economically or strategically from Israel in return.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I've always wondered how true this really is, the idea that many pro-Israel Christians in the US are so because they are actually pro-Armageddon. It's raised all the time by anti-Israel demagogues and anti-Christian atheists, but I suspect it is overplayed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:32 pm

I feel it's more a matter that Israel is relatively "Western" in outlook----more than anything else, religious or otherwise.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 3:25 pm

Mikah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I've always wondered how true this really is, the idea that many pro-Israel Christians in the US are so because they are actually pro-Armageddon. It's raised all the time by anti-Israel demagogues and anti-Christian atheists, but I suspect it is overplayed.

Trust me, you hear plenty of criticism of evangelical Millennial theology in my Lutheran church.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 3:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
This all happened so Trump could keep the support of his fundie and holy roller supporters, as they believe when Christ returns to Jerusalem he'll reward them and Trump for their faith by rapturing them off naked to heaven.

Yes, that nonsensical and insane financial US support (billions and billions of $) for Israel is really due to religious grounds - the US is largely Protestant - and Protestant churches are by far more Old Testament inclined (almost "Jewish-Christian") than Catholics/Christian Orthodoxes (Both these two were originally one church).

The average US citizens aren't really benefiting economically or strategically from Israel in return.

That's mostly evangelical Protestants. Most mainline Protestants don't hold to such Apocalyptic theology.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 4:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Why because I finally fulfilled a promise all past recent Presidents made?
Obama, bush, Clinton and bush senior all said they’d move it. They’re a nation and that’s their capital. Embassies go in nations capitals.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 7:12 pm

It just wasn't a smart move from the standpoint of the potential for a lasting peace in the Middle East.

It just about destroys the possibility of it ever happening. The Muslims see this as a grievous insult to them.

I'm a Jew. I have no objection to Israel. But the Palestinians should be heard too.

There should be two equal states in the area, in my opinion.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 1:55 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Why because I finally fulfilled a promise all past recent Presidents made?
Obama, bush, Clinton and bush senior all said they’d move it. They’re a nation and that’s their capital. Embassies go in nations capitals.

Capital of who? What nation?

https://www.facebook.com/Dr.TareqAlSuwa ... 356171677/

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 5:33 am

Where does the Bible say the Israelites totally wiped out the Canaanites?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 7:59 am

AngelRho wrote:
Where does the Bible say the Israelites totally wiped out the Canaanites?

The verse is mentioned in that article:

https://www.knowingthebible.net/the-ext ... canaanites

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don ... t_1382.cfm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 62936.html