Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 11:51 am

I oppose the motion to get rid of BJs. :nerdy:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:01 pm

Thats the trouble with the English language. You cant walk two steps without stepping on a linguistic landmine of raunchy slang. :?

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I oppose the motion to get rid of BJs. :nerdy:

:lol:

Only one really bad one tbf :lol:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:05 pm

Getting rid of Trump will have short-term gains. Propping up the status quo will have long-term consequences. I'm afraid I can't see where congratulations are in order. Biden tecord is abysmal.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:17 pm

Now Biden will either die of old age in office or be impeached, and we'll eventually be rid of both of them :cheers: :bounce:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:23 pm

I know I should be jumping for joy. After all, I don't have to kill myself like I threatened to a few months ago. But I'm too depressed, bitter and cynical to be glad about anything now. The whole human race is still completely doomed.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Nov 2020, 12:29 pm

Catlover5 wrote:
Now Biden will either die of old age in office or be impeached, and we'll eventually be rid of both of them :cheers: :bounce:

I think those are probably the fourth and distant fifth most likely scenarios respectively.

More likely ways that Biden goes out:

- Resigning
- Losing re-election
- Term limited

But that said - let’s not pretend this is a “both sides” thing. Biden is an ordinary, sensible, centre-left politician. Trump is a destructive, hateful demagogue who right now is attempting to undermine American democracy (and not in a good way!). We might not always agree with Joe Biden, but he’s fundamentally a good person, worth of respect. Donald Trump is not.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:31 pm

Thank you, KT67.

At least we have some return to sanity and perhaps even gain back some of the respect we lost in the world over the past four years.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:32 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I know I should be jumping for joy. After all, I don't have to kill myself like I threatened to a few months ago. But I'm too depressed, bitter and cynical to be glad about anything now. The whole human race is still completely doomed.

I saw that post and it was one reason I was hoping Trump wouldn't win. I'm hoping you'll find happiness :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Thats the trouble with the English language. You cant walk two steps without stepping on a linguistic landmine of raunchy slang. :?

That's more a matter of the raunchy English speakers than their language's inherent properties. :nerdy:

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:34 pm

While Biden may be a better person, surely a better person should have been chosen to run against Trump. "better than Trump" might be the best claim that can be made about Biden.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:35 pm

It was certainly an interesting election. Trumps reaction from this point on will be entertaining as hell. That said I have little faith in Biden.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:36 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
While Biden may be a better person than Trump, surely a better person should have been chosen to run against Trump. "better than Trump" might be the best claim that can be made about Biden.

Jeb Bush could have beat Trump this time around. The ABT bloc would have coalesced around almost anyone.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:38 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
While Biden may be a better person, surely a better person should have been chosen to run against Trump. "better than Trump" might be the best claim that can be made about Biden.

Haha yes. Being better than Trump isn't exactly a high standard. That said at least Trump has dropped the fewest bombs and deported the fewest people out of all presidents in my living memory.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2020, 12:40 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:

I agree but they didn't at the primaries.

And hey we didn't manage to get rid of (this is mostly Americans answering so I'm gonna risk the slightly less rude but still rude lol) Johnson with Corbyn. So maybe Trump would've stood more of a shot if Biden was less of a centrist?