Would the justice system be better without plea bargaining?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:03 pm

Plea bargains are a workaround and a lesser of two evils solution for the problem of not enough people to properly adjudicate accusations of a crime.

Replacements include hiring and training enough personal and building more courtrooms. This will take a lot of time and money. Where will the money come out of? It will take years to train enough people. During the transition, there are concurrent risks of more crime because of more guilty people let go and more innocent people jailed.

Another replacement is to have a lot fewer convictions. The benefit, fewer innocent people convicted, the price more bad people not even arrested never mind let go, and the ensuing permanent higher crime rates.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 8:24 pm

When people plea bargain though, do they have give specific details about the crime in the plea bargain?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 5:03 am

The Basics of a Plea Bargain

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 4:00 pm

Thanks. But it doesn't say anywhere in that article, if you have admit to any specifics of the crime though or not when plea bargaining.