Page 4 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 2:21 pm

Thanks.

You're sort of like the Wise Man of the Mount....

He lives frugally, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 2:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Thanks. You're sort of like the Wise Man of the Mount....He lives frugally, too.

thank you :) the difference is, he's totally fine with it. i merely tolerate it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 2:30 pm

He's also not a maven at electronics.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 2:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

if he were, chances are he'd have gotten his tuchas down off'a that mountain ages ago.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

03 Feb 2021, 9:29 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I don't fear death any more than I fear the year 1850.

Death is no biggie, life is.
Like the joker said to Harley: 'will you die for me?
H: Yes
J: That's too easy. Will you... live for me?'

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

03 Feb 2021, 9:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I knew..... :( I just turned 60, and am thinking about my mortality. How I wish I was religious!

mon frère, you can start learning more about it by doing as i did, and reading every metaphysical book you can lay eyes on. a suggested brief list-
*multidimensional man [jurgen ziewe]
*vistas of infinity [jurgen ziewe]
*journeys out of the body [robert monroe]
*you cannot die [dr. ian stephenson]
*many mansions [gina cerminara]
*life after life [dr. raymond moody]
*return from tomorrow [dr. george ritchie MD]
*stephen lives! [anne puryear]

Out of body experiences were proven scientifically by tests to be just imagination, the tested people couldn't identify the objects in the other rooms.
But I would let you try come to my room anyways.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 9:44 pm

Rexi wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I knew..... :( I just turned 60, and am thinking about my mortality. How I wish I was religious!

mon frère, you can start learning more about it by doing as i did, and reading every metaphysical book you can lay eyes on. a suggested brief list-

But out of body experiences were proven scientifically by tests to be just imagination, the tested people couldn't identify the objects in the other rooms. But I would let you try come to my room anyways.

google "the pam reynolds case."

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 9:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Rexi wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

But out of body experiences were proven scientifically by tests to be just imagination, the tested people couldn't identify the objects in the other rooms. But I would let you try come to my room anyways.

google "the pam reynolds case."

The mind commonly has illusions and dreams during near death experiences and especially surgeries with some substances that affect the brain like gas.
If you see me in your dreams though you best believe it.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 10:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

If you read Anne's book against Stephen Hawking, I urge you to also read about his religious beliefs too, or lack thereof. He also predicted some ways that Earth life could end. Sadly he said women are a mystery, jokingly though it might hold some truth to what his belief was, and if so it's quite sad that he couldn't understand the women in his life.
Nvm, that book isn't about this stephen. The idea still remains.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 10:09 pm

I will go to Heaven and be with the lord when I die.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 10:14 pm

I cry whenever someone in my family dies and that does not make me a pansy. It makes me a person who has a tender German Spirited heart. My mum raised me to have a stiff upper lip and I'm glad it didn't work. She needs to get bent.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2021, 10:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I cry whenever someone in my family dies and that does not make me a pansy. It makes me a person who has a tender German Spirited heart. My mum raised me to have a stiff upper lip and I'm glad it didn't work. She needs to get bent.

Im glad that didn't work. Your warm German heart is much joy to see. My family raised me extremely religious and restrained. That only worked up to a point. They had a wrong artistical view of who I am, or a lack of it.

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2021, 7:54 am

theprisoner wrote:
I think we are biologically wired not to think about death. Just a hunch, but the evidence is all around us.

I feel we are socially wired not to think about death, to many stories told about life after death and all fake I think

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2021, 8:10 am

Rexi wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I don't fear death any more than I fear the year 1850.

Death is no biggie, life is.
Like the joker said to Harley: 'will you die for me?
H: Yes
J: That's too easy. Will you... live for me?'

I'm no fan of this J, but he has a point there and Rexi too.

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2021, 8:27 am

My parts will return to the pool of parts that everything living has used before: a hydrogen atom i got from a cyano bacteria living 3billin years ago, a calsium compound from a sea creature observing the sea in the kambrium era, another hydrogen atom in my eye i got from the eye of a dinosaur seeing and getting blinded by the gigantic asteroid hitting beside what is today Yucatan peninsula. And on my longest eyelash, a carbon atom that I'm the first one to use directly from the blue gigant star exploding together with some other stars some maybe 9 billion years ago, seeding space that became the sun, earth and everything we take for granted. And in time, some billion years from now, these atoms will again be seeded into space when our sun goes nova.

I find these facts heart-warming and makes me quite giddy thinking this enormous prosess we all are a part in.

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 8:42 am

In the day and age of Google, Youtube, loads of books on Amazon, etc. it's sort of a foolish question, at least for anyone who can think their way through anything on their own.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin