Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm

I have observed a phenomenon in people that I have christened the "green hole". It begins when somebody gets the idea that cannabis poses no threat to their well being at all. So they begin smoking it copiously. Soon enough, they need access to it all the time. They start spending an entire paycheck on it. It's the classic cycle of drug addiction, with institutionally supported denial to validate it.

I'll admit the danger it presents is different than other drugs that certainly IS less severe than say, heroin or alcohol or meth. But while meth wrecks your health and stability and heroin sucks your soul, marijuana is like a leech gently sucking away at your unique personality traits and your wallet. In the end, you're broke and all you can help to do with yourself is "be chill". And sometimes, chill can be a very restricting thing.

But we keep spoon-feeding everybody the lie that cannabis is this soul expanding thing, and it's creating an army of chilled out NPCs with no personal drive. I do not propose prohibition however. I say legalize it to strip it of its rebellious mystique and let science expose its true trappings.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2021, 5:19 pm

I'm about to go smoke a nice big ole glob of hash in between fortune 500 tech gigs, thanks.

Don't go calling me an NPC if you're not capable of modding the game.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 9:39 pm

HacKING wrote:
I have observed a phenomenon in people that I have christened the "green hole". It begins when somebody gets the idea that cannabis poses no threat to their well being at all. So they begin smoking it copiously. Soon enough, they need access to it all the time. They start spending an entire paycheck on it. It's the classic cycle of drug addiction, with institutionally supported denial to validate it.

I'll admit the danger it presents is different than other drugs that certainly IS less severe than say, heroin or alcohol or meth. But while meth wrecks your health and stability and heroin sucks your soul, marijuana is like a leech gently sucking away at your unique personality traits and your wallet. In the end, you're broke and all you can help to do with yourself is "be chill". And sometimes, chill can be a very restricting thing.

But we keep spoon-feeding everybody the lie that cannabis is this soul expanding thing, and it's creating an army of chilled out NPCs with no personal drive. I do not propose prohibition however. I say legalize it to strip it of its rebellious mystique and let science expose its true trappings.

Science actually has done that to some extent and found that for twenty five years cannabis has been cultivated to contain more and more THC.
And that THC on its own is addictive, causes psychosis and anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.
The pharmacologists at UCL also found that CBD is acting against those effects, but since cannabis had been cultivated with a focus on THC alone, there's now way too little CBD in comparison contained in most strains.

I actually remember in the early 2000s, when it was suddenly impossible to find weed that wasn't insanely strong. I stooped my occasional use at that point, and watched a bunch of my highschool-classmates basically loose their brains to weed.

I understand that in the US, there are now high-CBD strains available due to this research and legalisation, so... Yeah, as far as I know legalisation led to a certain self regulation of the market.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 3:29 pm

So use it in moderation. Once in a blue moon, or on Friday nights, or only After all of your work is done for the day etc. Or don't smoke it at all. Or smoke it all the time.

Who cares how much weed anyone else does or doesn't smoke and why or what they do or don't accomplish because of it? :?

You do YOU.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 3:42 pm

now, i don't put all pot smokers in the same category
but there are some who i know (and i have known many in my time, as well as haven been one for a number of years)

I have known some who hold their sacred herb in higher regard than Ras Tafari! higher than God Almighty and hold it as the most sacred of all sacred's,

mistreating anyone who questions its supremacy
as well as using it as their excuse to do all sorts of unholy things
such as stealing, cheating with their buddies girl friends and wives, etc...

like i say, for the most part, most pot heads aren't like the above and are extremely benign if not positive
as the weed can bring people up and help them transcend mundane material living
to all those who are in this latter category i salute you

however for those who are in the small minority of criminally deluded drug induced delusional
instead of calling them green holes, i prefer to call them "Pot Holes"

which also happens to be a common phrase in the English language so perhaps easy to use in conversation
without causing offense

yes. i know one mr eastwood who lives on the island that i do
who i would say is the perfect definition of a pot hole
selfish smeagle of a pot hole

but he won't change
i think he was born and will die self obsessed greedy smeagle of a pot hole
so i don't waste my time even trying to rationalise what crimes he has committed

some times its just the way they are