Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 6:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't see why not.

I myself find for now that the beliefs of The Satanic Temple align pretty well with my 'religious' ideas, and don't really feel the need to create my own religion. But doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to start a religion of your own, seems those flying spaghetti monster worshipers where able to do it the pastafarians I believe the call themselves.

Id consider converting as that one does sound fun, but I just kind of prefer the imagery associated with satanism I like the goat skulls and inverted pentagrams.

To be fair all sincere religious people are all trying to attain the same state...just following different paths

Perhaps though both Satanism and Pastafarianism are atheistic religions, so all the things that go with it is just kind of for show/symbolism...satanists tend not to believe in an actual satan, pastafarians tend not to believe in a literal spaghetti monster. You probably have a few fringe people in both of those who may believe more literally, I suppose that is not impossible. I mean initially when i decided I was a satanist I had not entirely rejected the christian beliefs, so I figured I'd be doomed to hell but I just figured maybe it wouldn't be as bad as people say and at the very least sounded more interesting then heaven the place of boredom and besides I always liked the bible stories that had 'the devil' didn't seem like he was evil, just that he was encouraging people to question things and use a little objective reasoning before making a choice. Maybe I was a weird kid I mean I was only ever told bad things about satan, but from my perspective he seemed misunderstood and I felt that way and well I don't recall any bible stories where he smote anyone wheras god according to the bible did it quite a bit. But anymore I take the more atheistic view and just enjoy the symbolism I don't think any of it is real.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 6:33 am

Of course - For thousands of years man has explored God, the higher universal consciousness and reasoning for existence and has pushed forward evolution since the Mayan time, the empire who created time - they took lethergic acid amide from natures seed - as the lesser known hallucinogen kicked it and the sky became a mosark of eyes as the sun rose deep within what now is : the new age hippy utopia - they begun believing that they were communicating with God, higher consciousness and their ancestors - thus most religion is drug inspired - in a most peculiar quantum way - Jesus smoked cannabis - they were the ones who predicted when the world was going to end - but hey - thanks to God - here we all are! Everyday is a miracle!

There really is no boundaries to belief in God, the universe, universal reasoning and consciousness etc, considering such things are infinite and endless and quantum.

I am in fact Buddhish - Jewhist but practise in my own way on my own - my belief in God, the higher consciousness came about through my fascination with buildings and universe and spiritual, out of body experiences to new places, cognitive dreams, hallucinatory experiences as a child and teenager when I was quite schizoid and practising the Buddhist path as early teenager was an attempt to cure, what I now know was my autism, schizophrenia spectrum and likely ADHD - which I kind of did - I am writing a book "The Bible Of Quantum Evolution In Time And Space". < It's a mixed bag. :D

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 9:39 am

Book of Dorkseid, Chapter 105, Verse 38:

"The judgement of the Dork One cometh. And woe be on that day to he who hath forsaken the righteous path of True Dorkness. For surely he shall haveth a penis drawn upon his forehead in a Sharpie that shall never fadeth for all eternity."

Raised By Wolves
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2021, 12:52 pm

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2021, 1:49 pm

Okay gays,

I brainstormed with my mind, so I came with a result. Let's kick in...

When trying to disrupt a market, it's important to maintain the familiarity of the consumer wrt its needs. Research has shown that some customers prefer Judaism, despite being a niche-like religions. We then have Islam, very popular and influential. This market must not be put aside. But the current market leader is Christianism. Our proposition is to disrupt the market, with no one left behind. Hence...

Jews loving Jesus Christ and believing Muhammad may not had a mustache. The kick here is that Muhammad is someone well known in Islam, and Jesus Christ is someone well known in Christianity. Not sure who's the most well known figure in Judaism, so let's start with the letter 'A'.

I call my creation, the Super Trinity on Two Legs.

So, In the beginning was the letter 'A'.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 3:12 pm

Tomatoes wrote:
Okay gays,

I brainstormed with my mind, so I came with a result. Let's kick in...

When trying to disrupt a market, it's important to maintain the familiarity of the consumer wrt its needs. Research has shown that some customers prefer Judaism, despite being a niche-like religions. We then have Islam, very popular and influential. This market must not be put aside. But the current market leader is Christianism. Our proposition is to disrupt the market, with no one left behind. Hence...

Jews loving Jesus Christ and believing Muhammad may not had a mustache. The kick here is that Muhammad is someone well known in Islam, and Jesus Christ is someone well known in Christianity. Not sure who's the most well known figure in Judaism, so let's start with the letter 'A'.

I call my creation, the Super Trinity on Two Legs.

So, In the beginning was the letter 'A'.

According to Judaism, the first human was Adam.

Other important Jewish figures include Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David. These are all very well known, but our culture commonly associates them with Christianity.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2021, 3:49 pm

dorkseid wrote:

According to Judaism, the first human was Adam..

Don't forget the Abelian fields. Abel was a shepherd.
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-58095-6_4

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 4:48 pm

dorkseid wrote:
Every religion was made up by somebody.

Yes, but...

Only some founders of religions admit to having created the theology and philosphy of the religion they founded.

Others claim that the religion they founded was "revealed" to them by God, through some miraculous event.

Like God speaking to them from a burning bush.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 5:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
dorkseid wrote:
Every religion was made up by somebody.

Yes, but...

Only some founders of religions admit to having created the theology and philosphy of the religion they founded.

Others claim that the religion they founded was "revealed" to them by God, through some miraculous event.

Like God speaking to them from a burning bush.

Well, of course they do.

Do you expect them to just come out and say "Hey! I'm totally scamming you all, by the way."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 3:49 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean initially when i decided I was a satanist I had not entirely rejected the christian beliefs, so I figured I'd be doomed to hell but I just figured maybe it wouldn't be as bad as people say and at the very least sounded more interesting then heaven the place of boredom and besides I always liked the bible stories that had 'the devil' didn't seem like he was evil, just that he was encouraging people to question things and use a little objective reasoning before making a choice. Maybe I was a weird kid I mean I was only ever told bad things about satan, but from my perspective he seemed misunderstood and I felt that way and well I don't recall any bible stories where he smote anyone wheras god according to the bible did it quite a bit. But anymore I take the more atheistic view and just enjoy the symbolism I don't think any of it is real.

The historic satan that manifests in the first millennia after Christ seems to be a cross between different pre-christian religious and spiritual beings often labelled as pagan.

Infact the way you describe yourself might describe most of the Anglo-Saxon world between 450-650AD who would have worn a crucifix in the shape of Thor's hammer, prayed the Lord's prayer on a manuscript written using old celtic artwork depicting magical creatures and sacrificed animals (smearing the blood on their face) and praying to the all-father Wodin on Wodin's day (Wednesday) and then going with their family to church on Sunday.

This is infact why the old Anglo-Saxon Twi's day, Wodin's day, Thor's day and Freya's day are retained in the days of the week.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 9:56 am

"Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool." -- François-Marie Arouet -- Voltaire (1604-1778)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 9:58 am

Many people practice "syncretic religion" today----combining Christianity with old tribal beliefs.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Feb 2021, 10:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many people practice "syncretic religion" today----combining Christianity with old tribal beliefs.
If you look at the history of Christianity, it's nothing new.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 10:05 am

magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If you look at the history of Christianity, it's nothing new.
The Feast of Istar became Easter ... the December Solstice festivals became Christmas ... and even the pantheons of pagan "gods" became "saints" in the RCC.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 10:22 am

Indeed....syncretism is, basically, the name of the game to some degree unless you're a rather extreme Protestant.

Roman Catholicism has considerable idol worship, saint worship, and the Cult of the Virgin Mary. Extreme Protestants believe that these are "pagan" rituals. I wouldn't be surprised if, by subsequent research, I could find a "pagan" cognate to the above practices.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 1:04 pm

Followers of Abrahamic religions like to think that their faiths are separate from pagan religions. But the reality is that they were always interconnected. Judaism started as an offshoot of pagan Babylonian religion. Christianity inherited many of its core beliefs, including demigods, virgin births, afterlifes, and posthumous divine judgement from various pagan faiths. And Islam was created by superimposing Abrahamic monotheism onto Arabian paganism. The Hajj, for instance, was a common practice among Arab pagans prior to Islam. And the name Allah itself originally belonged to one of the Arab pagan gods, who had a female counterpart known as Allat. The word pagan itself was created by Christians to describe any religions that were not Abrahamic. It has no real meaning outside of a self-centered Abrahamic worldview.