Why is the US letting so many people over the border?

Page 6 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 9:54 pm

Off Topic
ironpony wrote:
I don't mean to sound insensitive when saying this but why are so many people having families in such poor countries if they cannot afford to feed them? Why have children if you are just going to put them through that. Is it just a matter if giving into temptation or lack of will power?

Human selfishness.
Even birds know enough not to reproduce when there is a famine.
Clearly, most humans aren't as smart as birds. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 9:57 pm

Off Topic
Sinister Biscuit wrote:
Why do creatures make new little ones?

I think it's kind of a dead end to speculate on this subject. Humans generally have a right to procreate for whatever reason.

My personal thoughts on the subject get fairly radical and start with "my parents should not have bred ", so I should probably shuddap

Agreed.
I should shuddap, also, but what are the chances of that? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 9:59 pm

Off Topic
Sinister Biscuit wrote:
Complex issues rarely have simple answers

A wise skunk once said:
"Life is simple for simple people." 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 10:44 pm

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
So Biden is allowing more immigrants come in than usual because he wants landlords to get more perks, when it comes to people obeying them? But also, I thought that immigrants wanted to come to America to escape being under control from authority more so. If they are being blackmailed for deportation, than is life really an improvement for them coming here? Also landlords cannot rat out illegally immigrants who are living under them, without ratting themselves out since the landlords would be guilty of harboring illegal immigrants. So wouldn't the landlords just be ratting themselves out in the process?

Some say the Democrats are happy with greater immigration because most of the immigrants are expected to vote for the Democrats in the next election.

Paul Keating did the same here in Australia, from memory. 8)

Why are immigrants expected to vote for a democrat in the next election though? What if a large portion of immigrants like the republican candidate better in the next election? Hasn't this crossed Biden's mind?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 11:19 pm

Lots of Cubans in Florida voted for Trump.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 11:51 pm

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
So Biden is allowing more immigrants come in than usual because he wants landlords to get more perks, when it comes to people obeying them? But also, I thought that immigrants wanted to come to America to escape being under control from authority more so. If they are being blackmailed for deportation, than is life really an improvement for them coming here? Also landlords cannot rat out illegally immigrants who are living under them, without ratting themselves out since the landlords would be guilty of harboring illegal immigrants. So wouldn't the landlords just be ratting themselves out in the process?

Some say the Democrats are happy with greater immigration because most of the immigrants are expected to vote for the Democrats in the next election.

Paul Keating did the same here in Australia, from memory. 8)

Why are immigrants expected to vote for a democrat in the next election though? What if a large portion of immigrants like the republican candidate better in the next election? Hasn't this crossed Biden's mind?

The Democrats were talking about giving 'citizenship'(?) to 'illegals'(?).
From memory, 11, 000,000 people.(?)
Gratitude for that wouldn't surprise, I imagine. 8)

Also, a lot of immigrants would be on welfare, and the Democrats look after people on welfare better than the Republicans, I believe.
The same applies here in Australia. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 11:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Lots of Cubans in Florida voted for Trump.

Most? :scratch:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 2:35 am

ironpony wrote:
It seems that the US is letting a lot of people in all of a sudden at least according to the news lately, but I was wondering why, or what the reason is?

A hangover from the Trump era

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 5:21 am

Most immigrants, actually, are hard-working people who want to provide for their families. They have a disdain for people on welfare/public assistance.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 8:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most immigrants, actually, are hard-working people who want to provide for their families. They have a disdain for people on welfare/public assistance.

Aren't we talking about refugee immigrants?

The stats aren't good here in Australia.
From memory, 70% of refugees are still unemployed after 5 years?
But don't quote me. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 8:37 am

I'm talking about people who come here both legally and illegally.

They might or might not be "refugees."

There's a whole generation of West Indian people in the United States who raised children to go to college/university, and make something of themselves. And many other ethnic groups, too.

The "immigrant ethos" has been around since the 19th century. It still exists today. It has to do with the belief in the "American Dream."

There is a strong disdain amongst these immigrants for, especially, native-born people who they feel sponge off the government.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 8:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm talking about people who come here both legally and illegally.

They might or might not be "refugees."

There's a whole generation of West Indian people in the United States who raised children to go to college/university, and make something of themselves. And many other ethnic groups, too.

The "immigrant ethos" has been around since the 19th century. It still exists today. It has to do with the belief in the "American Dream."

There is a strong disdain amongst these immigrants for, especially, native-born people who they feel sponge off the government.

My parents were hard-working immigrants.
So much so that the 5th gen Australians were jealous of them.
My father worked 3 jobs at one time, as an example.

I am talking about the stats concerning the refugees, here in Australia.
If you like I can try and find those stats.
I'm not making this up.
It isn't an opinion. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 9:04 am

Stats don't matter to me.

It's people that matter to me.

You'll find some refugees who are lazy bums---of course you do.....but there are many, too, who want to better themselves, and who want their kids to go to university and make something of themselves.

Just like your dad.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 9:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Stats don't matter to me.

It's people that matter to me.

You'll find some refugees who are lazy bums---of course you do.....but there are many, too, who want to better themselves, and who want their kids to go to university and make something of themselves.

Just like your dad.

You do realise I am simply telling you the truth of the matter?
It is not my opinion.

You do realise it would be irrational for me to have a bias against immigrants because my parents were immigrants?
You do realise it would be irrational of me to be racist because I was psychologically abused by German-hating white racists?
You do realise I am not a racist because I was always gang-stalked by Caucasians and felt safe amongst ethnic communities, right?

I am not sure why you have joined the hate squad. :scratch:
C'est la vie. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 9:24 am

What "hate squad" have I joined? Why would you say something like that? I don't get it, brother....

I am the Wolfman! I don't join other people because I'm liberal, or I'm conservative. I am my own man.

I base my opinions on individuals. I don't "listen" to statistics all the time.

My attitude is: if 80% of autistic people are unemployed, then 20% of autistic people are employed....so I seek to become one of the 20%. I don't say to myself that I cannot become employed because a majority of the people with my "condition" aren't employed.

70% of refugees can't find a job---but 30% of refugees could. Not a good ratio, of course.

I would wonder why those 70% can't find a job. Is it because they don't want to work? Or could it be some other reason? it's probably a combination of both.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 9:45 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see, it's just for people seeking asylum. But why is the US letting a lot more people seeking asylum in than usual to the point where there is now a 'border crisis'? Is there a reason?

If the immigrants are let in by a Democratic Party perhaps they will vote democratic ?

where ever you go ,there you are