Page 2 of 14 [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

19 Mar 2021, 6:18 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Thanks. I liked your takes on it in other threads, my favorites, very explanatory and I liked xempire's own ones too.

I like how you framed your take.
I'm going to be making a video about this topic soon.

I'm excited about this.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 6:27 am

I wasn't allowed to learn about lgbt stuff at school.

Cos the government wouldn't allow it.

I still figured out I was a bi trans boy by the time I was 12.

Took bullies to convince me otherwise.

If your ideas are strong, they can survive 'censorship' esp if it's just certain mainstream sites not allowing the opinions.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

19 Mar 2021, 6:35 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Just getting right into it:

'What, exactly is cancel culture?

I thought it is partly to do with people harassing someone out of the community because they don't like what they say.
The cancel culture doesn't like freedom of expression.

Aren't those embracing cancel culture addicted to power-lust? :scratch: 8)

It's different to be banned on a site for breaking their ToS or spreading hateful instigating views vs lose your job for who you are, for example being gay\an atheist.

I think the catch is that Kaepernick despite being an unknowledgeable SJW or BLM common leftist not very docummented, it went too far for them to fire him for his stand. However they're entitled to it, even if it's wrong. Unless BLM is considered hateful and a bunch of terrorists trying coup d'etat and violence upon innocent policemen, besides their views which actually does not help their cause and are propagating the same dynamics of hatred and not being inclusive to other victims of different racial backgrounds, instead of focusing on what actually needs to change.
SJW activity is detrimental to their own causes in ways they don't seem to realize. It shifts the focus on specific racial differences and fights a cause not realizing what happened which is the true meaning behind it. In that way they are self focused, restrained in view and unaccepting on the same thing if it happened to someone of another race.

I think it's one thing when you actually have blm views as opposed to actually being involved in violence against the officers. And when you kneel for someone's death even if you acknowledge they're black even if it might not have been a racism kill.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 10:46 am

I consider myself really lucky to be working from home at a small company because I'm not dealing with an HR telling me that I need to read Robin DeAngelo and write a compliance essay.

I consider myself at least sympathetic to the understanding that part of what's happening here is behavior, on the part of constituents of dominant culture, which has been unacceptable in the general sense in how it handles either ethnic/religious/sexual minorities or how it just handles anyone who has less power than the next person (where people start including Appalachian white men as well).

I think my own criticisms of what's happening would map on well to the ones that Bret Weinstein et al would make, which is that this is an incredible amount of unorganized power and really a melee where whoever's fighting their way to the top gets it. The trouble then is that 'free power' is something that no one is hungrier for or thirstier for than cynical actors, particularly your cluster B personality types. I think when Bret describes what happened at Evergreen as something like a 'Maoist' insurrection it's something that was showing a lot of potentiality to go that way and the cult-like attributes were strikingly similar. The other thing is that the means of that power are emergent, it's various bits of postmodernist logic which essentially pull the trump card on reason by selectively ignoring it - which is a valid nuclear option but when it gets to be common operating policy it's extremely difficult to figure out at what threshold things stop or what has to be said no to (ie. extremely difficult for the movement to self-criticize).

My best advice for people who are on the side of what's getting done right now - just do your level best to demote the sociopaths and the people who need complete, absolute, conformity of thought. The reason I say that is because they're in place to set up a bait-and-switch for those who are in this for the right reasons. Also realize that all the corporations who are pushing CRT from their HR departments are laughing all the way to the bank because it's their best option for not adjusting anyone's pay.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 12:22 pm

My work place decided to create a safe environment for people of color and I didn't feel threatened by it. Why? Because I know nothing had changed for me and it will always be the same as before because I am not bigoted against POS nor bias against them and never have been. This has always been so foreign to me and my mom said it's because I was never raised in that environment and I had been exposed to different people growing up. Only thing I have been guilty of is racial color blindness due to naivety. I saw race in a childlike way and views different skin color as having different hair color. Never occurred to me to connect behaviors to their skin color and what crimes they do, or to make assumptions based on skin color.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 5:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Do you mean "exist" and not "excite?"

Bofa

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 5:39 pm

League_Girl wrote:
My work place decided to create a safe environment for people of color and I didn't feel threatened by it. Why? Because I know nothing had changed for me and it will always be the same as before because I am not bigoted against POS nor bias against them and never have been. This has always been so foreign to me and my mom said it's because I was never raised in that environment and I had been exposed to different people growing up. Only thing I have been guilty of is racial color blindness due to naivety. I saw race in a childlike way and views different skin color as having different hair color. Never occurred to me to connect behaviors to their skin color and what crimes they do, or to make assumptions based on skin color.

What is POS?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm

Rexi wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What is POS?

Was probably meant to be POC. People of color.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 12:40 am

Remember when Republicans tried to cancel an entire religion back in 2016?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 1:17 am

Or when they tried to cancel the nation of France for not supporting the illegal invasion of Iraq?

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 2:24 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Or when they tried to cancel the nation of France for not supporting the illegal invasion of Iraq?

Hahaha, oh I forgot about that one. "Freedom Fries" lol :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 2:42 am

Barchan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Hahaha, oh I forgot about that one. "Freedom Fries" lol :lol:

Tucker Carlson was all onboard for that. :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 3:08 am

Cancel culture definitely excites conservatives because they are the only ones who talk about it

The Library of Congress puts books on "cancel culture" in the fiction section along with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 3:11 am

Oh and here's a guide for future MAGAs to learn what and whom they can attack
https://prospect.org/politics/altercati ... l-culture/

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 8:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
Cancel culture definitely excites conservatives because they are the only ones who talk about it

That is so completely false, it's hysterical.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 10:37 am

cyberdad wrote:

The Library of Congress puts books on "cancel culture" in the fiction section along with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

What's extremely funny is that "cancel culture" is essentially just capitalism.

You say or do something that might cause your employers to lose money, you get flushed. Money talks, bullsh_t walks.

And here I thought most conservatives were all about those sweet free market forces....

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)