Page 3 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2021, 6:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well there is no reason to support trump if you aren't any of those things...

I forgive the ones who voted for him in 2016. Some people just wanted something "different" and Hillary Clinton wasn't appealing for many reasons. In 2020 they knew exactly who he was and liked it. They also tend to think all the peasants who voted against Trump and the GOP by mail were cheating... because being a Democrat voter makes someone more likely to cheat... sounds like libel to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:59 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
The best mulch in my city is from this hippy place with a sign outside that says something like "If you are a racist bigot homophobe we do not want your business". I am none of those but I do support Trump so I still felt like they meant me anyway. But their mulch is the best and I wanted it. .........I dashed home, took down my American flag, and hid my car with the NRA sticker on it.

You obviously subconciously associate being racist/homophobic with being a member of the NRA or waving an American flag in your house. How on earth would the business owner make such a gigantic leap??

The business owner doesn't want to serve people who are bigots, I assume if you don't declare yourself one of those then why are you so worried?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:01 pm

salad wrote:
You sound no different, and I mean literally no different, than the racist trash WP member {redacted} when last year I was complaining about discrimination I faced at a restaurant for my mom's birthday and he told me this:

You are conflating two issues that have nothing to do with each other. You are also labelling a member of WP who is expressing his opinion,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:02 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
In 2020 they knew exactly who he was and liked it. They also tend to think all the peasants who voted against Trump and the GOP by mail were cheating... because being a Democrat voter makes someone more likely to cheat... sounds like libel to me.

I agree 100%

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
NoClearMind53 wrote:
... I think being a spoiled malignant narcissist is enough... and that's just really obvious.
In that case, supporting and voting for a spoiled malignant narcissist makes the supporter/voter a spoiled malignant narcissist by proxy.

Joe Biden is one of the biggest supporters of the Military Industrial complex. He was Vice President during an administration that started five wars in the Middle East. Right out of the gate, he ordered an air strike on Syria.

I guess by your logic, anybody who voted for Biden supports mass murder.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 8:07 pm

If you (Soc. of A) had brought this up six months ago I would have answered this way:

A) you have the right to support whomever you wish, even the most corrupt and incompentent and unqualified POTUS in US history.

B) Agreeing to disagree" is a cornerstone of American democracy and free speech.

C) The store owner may also have free speech- but its improper for him to allow his partisan politics to be manifest while running his private business.

D) Dont hide your NRA sticker (dont know what the flag has to do with it- but dont take it down for to hide your beliefs). Be yourself.

However...that was before January 6th.

Trump crossed a line. Went beyond being just a candidate I dont like, beyond being a candidate I extreeemly dislike, and crossed over to being a criminal, and a threat to democracy itself.

I still dont approve of a business owner failing to bite his partisan tongue in the workplace. But now I have to ask "how can you STILL support Trump after January 6?"

Trump went to far. So I can no longer "agree to disagree" about him. So...YES ..DO hang your head in shame for supporting him. Sorry. I would have supported you six months ago. Not now.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 27 May 2021, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 8:12 pm

Frankly, it's baffling to me how many Republicans in Congress still support Trump.

What has Trump done to deserve this support? He was totally do-nothing when it came to COVID.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 9:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Frankly, it's baffling to me how many Republicans in Congress still support Trump.

What has Trump done to deserve this support? He was totally do-nothing when it came to COVID.

My guess is the MAGA element in the GOP has now been identified and must be appeased

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
If you (Soc. of A) had brought this up six months ago I would have answered this way:

A) you have the right to support whomever you wish, even the most corrupt and incompentent and unqualified POTUS in US history.

B) Agreeing to disagree" is a cornerstone of American democracy and free speech.

C) The store owner may also have free speech- but its improper for him to allow his partisan politics to be manifest while running his private business.

D) Dont hide your NRA sticker (dont know what the flag has to do with it- but dont take it down for to hide your beliefs). Be yourself.

However...that was before January 6th.

Trump crossed a line. Went beyond being just a candidate I dont like, beyond being a candidate I extreeemly dislike, and crossed over to being a criminal, and a threat to democracy itself.

I still dont approve of a business owner failing to bite his partisan tongue in the workplace. But now I have to ask "how can you STILL support Trump after January 6?"

Trump went to far. So I can no longer "agree to disagree" about him. So...YES ..DO hang your head in shame for supporting him. Sorry. I would have supported you six months ago. Not now.

This....is an ignorant post.

No proof Trump ordered the Capitol Hill riots
Other presidents have done much worse
Supporting a president =/= supporting everything a president does.

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:23 am

salad wrote:

So that big speech he gave them immediately beforehand had nothing to do with it? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:24 am

funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:

So that big speech he gave them immediately beforehand had nothing to do with it? :chin:

Show me the clip where he explicitly told his followers to storm the capitol

Anything less is not proof but overreaching and a non-sequitur

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:32 am

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:

I'm not sure an extended rant that's only implicit allows one to pretend like they had utterly nothing to do with it and that it's dishonest to pretend so.

Henry Curtmantle (Henry II) didn't need to explicitly give orders to have Thomas Cromwell killed, all he's alleged to have said was what miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and promoted in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born clerk! and yet when his men killed Cromwell he was considered to have ordered the act.

Trump spent months making similar claims of being treated unfairly and needing someone to ensure the right thing was done and then his followers attempted to do just that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 2:34 am

NightMuse wrote:
You did the one thing they wanted you to do--be ashamed of being a Trump supporter.

Here's the thing. You can't give in to these bullies. You have every right to your beliefs, contrary to what they think. We need to fight back against them, not cave in to them.

Plenty of Trump supporters who are bullies. And yes, the OP has every right to his ideals, though that opinion is not shared by many of the Trump cult.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 2:42 am

salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:

Well, during Trump's final debate with Biden, when he was asked to condemn white nationalists like the Proud Boys, Trump said directly to them: "Step back and stand down." Sounds like there was possibly some sort of collusion between him and the Proud Boy leadership who were taking direction from him. Then again, I'm just distrustful of fanatics and their con artist puppet masters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 3:50 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
salad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
salad wrote:

Well, during Trump's final debate with Biden, when he was asked to condemn white nationalists like the Proud Boys, Trump said directly to them: "Step back and stand down." Sounds like there was possibly some sort of collusion between him and the Proud Boy leadership who were taking direction from him. Then again, I'm just distrustful of fanatics and their con artist puppet masters.

Its called "dog-whistling", an old trick. He i) stirred up his MAGA mob into a frenzy over the false allegation of voter fraud (many of those thrown in jail said they were told by Trump it was their patriotic duty) before they embarked on their rampage ii) he called out to the proud boys who heard the call (even said so) and were well represented among the Capitol rioters and finally iv) he and his sons/daughter watched and cheered the rioters (the whole thing was caught on camera) on a bog screen TV

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 3:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Trump spent months making similar claims of being treated unfairly and needing someone to ensure the right thing was done and then his followers attempted to do just that.

He planned it months in advance of the election
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-55009950

It baffles me how Trump isn't behind bars for fraud himself