Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:58 am

^ will trigger the tribalism in some people

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:08 am

As someone from Palestine I approve this message. The way Israeli soldiers used to harass my family and make life a living hell for ordinary Palestinians made me question how the hell so many Americans supported this brutal military occupation, until I realized most sadly are brainwashed to not know a damn thing about this conflict. I remember when I was 6 I was in Palestine during the intifada, or violent uprisings against Israel. At that time I was playing the GameBoy, which I used to love. At one of the checkpoints I remember I was playing Pacman and while I was playing the soldier at that checkpoint snatched my gameboy, broke it and started laughing like a witch.

Ill never ever forget that heartless witch taking away my Gameboy and the look of evil on her face breaking a little kid's prized possession. That was my birthday gift and man was I pissed.

Later on I got a new GameBoy Advanced SP, but I still felt angry that people can be so cruel that they'd harm little kids.

I witnessed many messed up things in Palestine from the Israeli army, but that incident always stuck in my mind to this day

Master Oogway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 11:58 am

salad wrote:
As someone from Palestine I approve this message. The way Israeli soldiers used to harass my family and make life a living hell for ordinary Palestinians made me question how the hell so many Americans supported this brutal military occupation, until I realized most sadly are brainwashed to not know a damn thing about this conflict. I remember when I was 6 I was in Palestine during the intifada, or violent uprisings against Israel. At that time I was playing the GameBoy, which I used to love. At one of the checkpoints I remember I was playing Pacman and while I was playing the soldier at that checkpoint snatched my gameboy, broke it and started laughing like a witch.

Ill never ever forget that heartless witch taking away my Gameboy and the look of evil on her face breaking a little kid's prized possession. That was my birthday gift and man was I pissed.

Later on I got a new GameBoy Advanced SP, but I still felt angry that people can be so cruel that they'd harm little kids.

I witnessed many messed up things in Palestine from the Israeli army, but that incident always stuck in my mind to this day

That’s because apparently a lot of Americans (and Brits) had a protestant upbringing, a lot of them believe:
- That Israel is a promised land for the Jews, and that must be respected.
- That Palestinians were originally “Arab invaders” coming from Jordan or Arabia and stole the land.

The second claim been proved false genetically and historically, Palestinians are simply natives to that land who got Arabized like the rest of the Levent. But I highly doubt any amount of scientific findings would be enough to convince such people.

The first claim... well, it is a faith story that not everyone is obliged to believe in it.

Therefore those who believe in those things somehow justify any inhuman treatment of palestinians. I would dare to say that some of them even think they deserve it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
... That’s because apparently a lot of Americans (and Brits) had a protestant upbringing, a lot of them believe:
- That Palestinians were originally “Arab invaders” coming from Jordan or Arabia and stole the land.
Also, by the time we hear of violence by Palestinians, the news coming out of Israel has it as having been instigated by the Palestinians instead of the Palestinians retaliating for violence that was first committed against them.

This is what I found out first-hand when I visited Israel a few years ago -- the Israeli government seems to have tighter control over the news that comes out of Israel in much the same was that mainland China has over its media.

I like the country for its people and for its history; but not for its government.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

That’s because apparently a lot of Americans (and Brits) had a protestant upbringing, a lot of them believe:

The second claim been proved false genetically and historically, Palestinians are simply natives to that land who got Arabized like the rest of the Levent. But I highly doubt any amount of scientific findings would be enough to convince such people.

The first claim... well, it is a faith story that not everyone is obliged to believe in it.

Therefore those who believe in those things somehow justify any inhuman treatment of palestinians. I would dare to say that some of them even think they deserve it.

Using genetic evidence or archaeological evidence to prove that the modern Palestinians are actually the descendants of the indigenous Canaanites and Jebusites isn't even needed to prove that the Palestinians deserve to live on their land; in fact even if we accept that the Palestinians are Arab invaders that makes them no less indigenous than if they were Canaanite descendants.

Think about it. The Arabs invaded the Levant in 636 AD. That would mean the Arabs technically have 1400 years of claim to Palestine. To put things in perspective the English who claim indigenous rights to England are only 200 years older than the Arab claim to Palestine since the English (Anglo, Saxons and Jute tribes) invaded Roman Britainia in 400 AD, which again is only 200 years before the Arabs invaded Palestine. The French (aka Frankish tribes) invaded France in 500 AD, about 100 years before the Arabs invaded Palestine. Dont even get me started on the majority white settler nations of America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa formed within the last 400 years where white explorers and settlers created nations by displacing indigenous populations. If we were to accept that the Palestinians have no right to their land because they're nothing more than Arab invaders who invaded the Levant 1400 years ago, then modern day French, English, Americans, Australians and New Zealanders unfortunately would be forced to be evicted from their lands on account on barely qualifying for indigenousness as their ancestors were also invaders of their respective homelands.

Master Oogway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:59 pm

salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

Using genetic evidence or archaeological evidence to prove that the modern Palestinians are actually the descendants of the indigenous Canaanites and Jebusites isn't even needed to prove that the Palestinians deserve to live on their land; in fact even if we accept that the Palestinians are Arab invaders that makes them no less indigenous than if they were Canaanite descendants.

Think about it. The Arabs invaded the Levant in 636 AD. That would mean the Arabs technically have 1400 years of claim to Palestine. To put things in perspective the English who claim indigenous rights to England are only 200 years older than the Arab claim to Palestine since the English (Anglo, Saxons and Jute tribes) invaded Roman Britainia in 400 AD, which again is only 200 years before the Arabs invaded Palestine. The French (aka Frankish tribes) invaded France in 500 AD, about 100 years before the Arabs invaded Palestine. Dont even get me started on the majority white settler nations of America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa formed within the last 400 years where white explorers and settlers created nations by displacing indigenous populations. If we were to accept that the Palestinians have no right to their land because they're nothing more than Arab invaders who invaded the Levant 1400 years ago, then modern day French, English, Americans, Australians and New Zealanders unfortunately would be forced to be evicted from their lands on account on barely qualifying for indigenousness as their ancestors were also invaders of their respective homelands.

Zionists and ultra-protestants believe that most of the modern Jews are descendants of the ancient Jews/Hebrews/Israelites who got expelled systemically (by the Romans and previous empires?) from there before any Arab presence; therefore they claim to be the older natives.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 28 Apr 2021, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

Zionists and ultra-protestants believe that most of the modern Jews are descendants of the ancient Jews/Hebrews/Israelites who got expelled systemically (by the Romans and previous empires?) form there before any Arab presence; therefore they claim to be the older natives.

The issue with that argument is that the Jews themselves arent even the oldest natives, that would go to the Canaanites and Jebusites. Even if we accept that claim that the Jews are the oldest living natives what would the implications be of reshuffling the demographic geographical alignment of the world based on date of nativity for ever parcel of land inhabited on earth??? If we follow that argument to its logical conclusion then the whites living in America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa all have to pack their bags and mass exodus the hell out of the lands they currently reside in because none of them are native to those respective lands. Now even when said whites migrate back to Europe there will be issues reshuffling the demographic geographical placement due to issues even in white claims to indigenousness within Europe. All White immigrants originally from England will have to be divided between those of Briton/Celtic stock, who get to remain in England, Anglo-Saxon stock, who have to move back to Germany, and Norman stock, who are all forced back to Scandinavia. Many of the European migrants in other European lands that they're displaced back to will have the same issues: those of. Celtic stock will be considered more native to their respective European nation's claim, while those whose stock comes from the Germanic invaders who populated Europe will be forced to relocate to Germany.

Which is why its utterly stupid to base claim and right to a land on demographic history thousands of years old, instead of the more common sense question of "whose currently living there." The moment we adopt the former absurd realignment of demographic apportionment of land is the moment the entire earth has to be reshuffled like a badly shuffled Uno deck which will create more problems than solve.

Master Oogway

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 3:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
As someone from Palestine I a.

Zionists and ultra-protestants believe that most of the modern Jews are descendants of the ancient Jews/Hebrews/Israelites who got expelled systemically (by the Romans and previous empires?) form there before any Arab presence; therefore they claim to be the older natives.

Not previous empires. Just the Romans.

Between the year zero (Christ's time) and about 150 AD there were a series of uprisings in Judea against Roman rule. The last biggest uprising almost succeeded, but the Romans crushed it, destroyed the temple, and laid waste to the whole Kingdom, and dispersed the inhabitants. And that event is thought of as the start of "the Diaspora" of Jews away from the "Holy Land".

Though actually Jews were already dispersing peacefully/voluntarily before that. Jewish merchants thrived in Alexandria in Hellenistic times, and in Rome at the time Jesus was living in Judea under Roman rule.

So...in the popular mind the Jews were kicked out of their homeland in AD 150, and returned to the place with the modern state of Israel in 1947.

But as Salad pointed out - there were no English folks in what is now the US prior to 1600, and if you go back to 150 AD you would find that the "English" didnt even live what is now England yet, because the Anglo Saxons hadnt crossed the North sea from north Germany/Netherlands/southern Denmark until around AD 600.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

Between the year zero (Christ's time) and about 150 AD there were a series of uprisings in Judea against Roman rule. The last biggest uprising almost succeeded, but the Romans crushed it, destroyed the temple, and laid waste to the whole Kingdom, and dispersed the inhabitants. And that event is thought of as the start of "the Diaspora" of Jews away from the "Holy Land".

Though actually Jews were already dispersing peacefully/voluntarily before that. Jewish merchants thrived in Alexandria in Hellenistic times, and in Rome at the time Jesus was living in Judea under Roman rule.

So...in the popular mind the Jews were kicked out of their homeland in AD 150, and returned to the place with the modern state of Israel in 1947.

But as Salad pointed out - there were no English folks in what is now the US prior to 1600, and if you go back to 150 AD you would find that the "English" didnt even live what is now England yet, because the Anglo Saxons hadnt crossed the North sea from north Germany/Netherlands/southern Denmark until around AD 600.

To add on to that many Jews actually did return to Palestine when the Arabs conquered Palestine from the Byzantines, and ironically it was actually because of the Arab invasion that the Jews even got to return; Caliph Umar Ibn Al-Khattab was the one who allowed the Jews to return to Palestine:

http://www.bu.edu/mzank/Jerusalem/p/period3-2.htm

So ironically the Arab invasion is the only reason why some Jews from the diaspora ever got to return.

Master Oogway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:18 pm

salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

The issue with that argument is that the Jews themselves arent even the oldest natives, that would go to the Canaanites and Jebusites. Even if we accept that claim that the Jews are the oldest living natives what would the implications be of reshuffling the demographic geographical alignment of the world based on date of nativity for ever parcel of land inhabited on earth??? If we follow that argument to its logical conclusion then the whites living in America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa all have to pack their bags and mass exodus the hell out of the lands they currently reside in because none of them are native to those respective lands. Now even when said whites migrate back to Europe there will be issues reshuffling the demographic geographical placement due to issues even in white claims to indigenousness within Europe. All White immigrants originally from England will have to be divided between those of Briton/Celtic stock, who get to remain in England, Anglo-Saxon stock, who have to move back to Germany, and Norman stock, who are all forced back to Scandinavia. Many of the European migrants in other European lands that they're displaced back to will have the same issues: those of. Celtic stock will be considered more native to their respective European nation's claim, while those whose stock comes from the Germanic invaders who populated Europe will be forced to relocate to Germany.

Which is why its utterly stupid to base claim and right to a land on demographic history thousands of years old, instead of the more common sense question of "whose currently living there." The moment we adopt the former absurd realignment of demographic apportionment of land is the moment the entire earth has to be reshuffled like a badly shuffled Uno deck which will create more problems than solve.

But this stupid claim is exactly the argument upon which Zionists claim Israel,

Quote:
The issue with that argument is that the Jews themselves arent even the oldest natives, that would go to the Canaanites and Jebusites

They believe, that the Canaanites been exterminated/expelled by the Jews as instructed by God (Old testament) therefore they don't believe that Palestinians can be their descendants....because according to them, they were all either killed or expelled by the Jews.

Modern Israelis deny any Canaanite origin of Palestinians because it serves their false narrative.

When this study surfaced: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... 0residents.

The Israelis gone insane about it:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-canaa ... o-lebanon/

Notice, how they changed the National Geographic article's title from "Living Descendants of Biblical Canaanites Identified Via DNA" to "The Canaanites weren’t annihilated, they just ‘moved’ to Lebanon"

Why?

It's simple, because they want to serve the narrative that "Oh, that study means nothing, the few survived Canaanites just moved to Lebanon, therefore our Palestinians can't be their descendants". And you can notice that some of them in comments citing verses from the Bible that it didn't say that all Canaanite been killed but that some of them were expelled.

It's very important for them to deny any Palestinians' Canaanite ancestry and to insist that Palestinians were only Arabs. Now their narrative that the Canaanite presence in the land of Israel/Palestine was long been exterminated.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:32 pm

salad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

To add on to that many Jews actually did return to Palestine when the Arabs conquered Palestine from the Byzantines, and ironically it was actually because of the Arab invasion that the Jews even got to return; Caliph Umar Ibn Al-Khattab was the one who allowed the Jews to return to Palestine:

http://www.bu.edu/mzank/Jerusalem/p/period3-2.htm

So ironically the Arab invasion is the only reason why some Jews from the diaspora ever got to return.

Also Morocco had a very large Jewish population , apparently a lot of Jews escaped the Spanish inquisition and joined the native Jewish population of Morocco.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
salad wrote:

But this stupid claim is exactly the argument upon which Zionists claim Israel,

Quote:
The issue with that argument is that the Jews themselves arent even the oldest natives, that would go to the Canaanites and Jebusites

They believe, that the Canaanites been exterminated/expelled by the Jews as instructed by God (Old testament) therefore they don't believe that Palestinians can be their descendants....because according to them, they were all either killed or expelled by the Jews.

Modern Israelis deny any Canaanite origin of Palestinians because it serves their false narrative.

When this study surfaced: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... 0residents.

The Israelis gone insane about it:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-canaa ... o-lebanon/

Notice, how they changed the National Geographic article's title from "Living Descendants of Biblical Canaanites Identified Via DNA" to "The Canaanites weren’t annihilated, they just ‘moved’ to Lebanon"

Why?

It's simple, because they want to serve the narrative that "Oh, that study means nothing, the few survived Canaanites just moved to Lebanon, therefore our Palestinians can't be their descendants". And you can notice that some of them in comments citing verses from the Bible that it didn't say that all Canaanite been killed but that some of them were expelled.

It's very important for them to deny any Palestinians' Canaanite ancestry and to insist that Palestinians were only Arabs. Now their narrative that the Canaanite presence in the land of Israel/Palestine was long been exterminated.

One thing that a lot of Zionists ignore is that even the indigenous Jews had large numbers of Muslim converts who became Arabized, because why not?

Did you know a DNA test revealed that me, a putative Palestinian of Muslim heritage, os 45% Ashkenazi and Sheppardic Jewish ancestry? People forget that the same way the Iranian Zoorastrians accepted Islam, the same way the Berbers accepted Islam and became Arabized, and the same way the Anatolians accepted Islam and were Turkified, why is it hard to believe that among the Jews there were those who converted to Islam and adopted Arab identity? So Zoorastrians, Hindus, Buddhists, and Christians somehow can all convert to Islam and many even adopted many facets of Arab culture while others fully became Arabized, but for Jews living in the Middle East under 1400 years of Arab Muslim rule apparently there was not one Jewish conversion and thus not one of these so called Arabs cant actually be a Jew who just converted to Islam and became Arabized? Apparently people actually believe a barren desert with a tiny population density overran the entire world from India to Spain and everyone living in those lands who are Muslim and Arab are all descendants from said small band of Arab invaders, despite all the genetic evidence to show that many lands the Arabs conquered barely had their indigenous genes displaced by the arriving Arabs because there simply is no way logistically even with Arab polygamy and concubinage that a small band of invaders can override the gene pool of so many countries.

My ancestors were the indigenous Jews of Palestine for all im concerned but because somewhere down that line one of my ancestors accepted Islam and became Arabized somehow that makes my people no longer native to the land. This absurdity is so baffling it actually makes me question the sanity of Zionist party that peddles this nonsense.

Master Oogway