Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:04 pm

Nades wrote:
Kick Lawrence off the trains ASAP. Lawrence is just looking for things to complain about regardless of how trivial or the levels of difficulties it causes to others. Do you think someone should be given a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen"? It might cause the train driver for all we know, to lose his job after 30 years of loyal service.

Do you have proof anyone lost their job?
Do you have proof anyone even received a write-up? :chin:

Before you go denying someone access to a public service you should probably have to prove they've caused some sort of actual harm.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
Kick Lawrence off the trains ASAP. Lawrence is just looking for things to complain about regardless of how trivial or the levels of difficulties it causes to others. Do you think someone should be given a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen"? It might cause the train driver for all we know, to lose his job after 30 years of loyal service.

Do you have proof anyone lost their job?
Do you have proof anyone even received a write-up? :chin:

Before you go denying someone access to a public service you should probably have to prove they've caused some sort of actual harm.

I have no poof that he had a disciplinary but you seem pretty smug about the train driver not getting one? do you have proof he didn't get one?

Just for reference the employer said this in response “I’m really sorry to see this, Laurence, our Train Managers should not be using language like this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention". So you know. I'm an aspie and utterly inept at reading between the lines but I'm also an aspie with a job and know full well that the company I work for works on a three strikes policy like pretty much all other companies and likely including the train company subject to the post and I know full well that the train driver probably received a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen"

Utterly appalling in my eyes if he did. (which he probably received)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:23 pm

Nades wrote:

I have no poof that he had a disciplinary but you seem pretty smug about the train driver not getting one? do you have proof he didn't get one?

Just for reference the employer said this in response “I’m really sorry to see this, Laurence, our Train Managers should not be using language like this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention". So you know. I'm an aspie and utterly inept at reading between the lines but I'm also an aspie with a job and know full well that the company I work for works on a three strikes policy like pretty much all other companies including the train company subject to the post and I know full well that the train driver probably received a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen"

Utterly appalling in my eyes if he did. (which he probably received)

You're making the positive claim, so you bear the burden of proving it.

They can't write him up for breaking a policy they didn't have, but they can implement one going forward.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:35 pm

Aren't train drivers trained to say the greeting, "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen"? In some parts of the world, it wouldn't be cricket for train drivers to say, "Welcome, folks!" or "Welcome, peeps!" I wouldn't take offense at that. I just take it as someone saying a greeting and I know that I would fall into the category of gentlemen because I identify as male and a man who identifies as female would usually be mature enough to know that she falls into the category of ladies without making a scene. Those drivers could risk getting fired by their employers if they don't use the formal greeting that they were taught during their training.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:38 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Aren't train drivers trained to say the greeting, "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen"? In some parts of the world, it wouldn't be cricket for train drivers to say, "Welcome, folks!" or "Welcome, peeps!" I wouldn't take offense at that. I just take it as someone saying a greeting and I know that I would fall into the category of gentlemen because I identify as male and a man who identifies as female would usually be mature enough to know that she falls into the category of ladies without making a scene. Those drivers could risk getting fired by their employers if they don't use the formal greeting that they were taught during their training.

That's why it seems unlikely that anyone got in trouble in the example given. :chin:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

They can't write him up for breaking a policy they didn't have, but they can implement one going forward.

You seem overly confident on him not receiving a disciplinarily despite the fact the social media post from the train company itself suggesting he was brought into the office and made to sign a piece of paper saying he wouldn't do it again (one of a strike of three in the UK) Do you have any proof that he didn't?

Why should they even have a policy to begin with? As far as I'm concerned, if a trans person fails to inform others of their pronoun in advance then they're unable to hold others to account for using the wrong pronoun. The onus was entirely on Lawrence to make sure Lawrence was referred to by the correct pronoun and Lawrence miserably failed and instead went to the employer like and absolute smeg and as a result I have zero respect for Lawrence.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:44 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You seem overly confident on him not receiving a disciplinarily despite the fact the social media post from the train company itself suggesting he was brought into the office and made to sign a piece of paper saying he would do it again (one of a strike of three in the UK) Do you have any proof that he didn't?

Why should they even have a policy to begin with? As far as I'm concerned, if a trans person fails to inform others of their pronoun in advance then they're unable to hold others to account for using the wrong pronoun. The onus was entirely on Lawrence to make sure Lawrence was referred to by the correct pronoun and Lawrence miserably failed and instead went to the employer like and absolute smeg and as a result I have zero respect for Lawrence.

So basically, at most he got a write-up? :roll:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You seem overly confident on him not receiving a disciplinarily despite the fact the social media post from the train company itself suggesting he was brought into the office and made to sign a piece of paper saying he would do it again (one of a strike of three in the UK) Do you have any proof that he didn't?

So basically, at most he got a write-up? :roll:

And you think a write-up is minor? In the UK where the incident took place a write-up is very serious. Even if you don't lose your job you'll be first in line if the company needs to make cut backs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:51 pm

I've received write-ups before, they're not the end of the world if you otherwise have a good record.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I've received write-ups before, they're not the end of the world if you otherwise have a good record.

To some they are the end of the world and it seems idiotic to receive the final write up for saying "ladies and gentlemen".

You need to remember, were on a website dedicated to people with Asperger's. People like us have unemployment rates of up to 80% so it seems truly perplexing how you have such a lack lustier approach to someone receiving a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen". I'm a conservative myself and one of the people I most want to emulate is actually a trans person. I don't hate trans people, I just hate people like Laurence Coles for being a chicken s**t for telling the company instead of the driver.

What an absolute wimp Laurence Coles truly is.

Last edited by Nades on 15 May 2021, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 7:09 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

To some they are the end of the world and it seems idiotic to receive the final write up for saying "ladies and gentlemen".

You need to remember, were on a website dedicated to people with Asperger's. People like us have unemployment rates of up to 80% so it seems truly perplexing how you have such a lack lustier approach to someone receiving a disciplinary for saying "ladies and gentlemen". I'm a conservative myself and one of the people I most want to emulate is actually a trans person. I don't hate trans people, I just hate people like Laurence Coles for being a chicken s**t for telling the company instead of the driver.

What an absolute whim Laurence Coles truly is.

Let me know if anyone has ever received their final write-up for that.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 7:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

What an absolute whim Laurence Coles truly is.

Let me know if anyone has ever received their final write-up for that.

Let me know if the driver didn't receive a write up for it.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:11 am

I was talking about conservatism, and all of a sudden, this thread turns into a gender issues discussion...
What has gender issues and the like got to do with conservatism or any other political ideology? Nothing.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:39 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
I was talking about conservatism, and all of a sudden, this thread turns into a gender issues discussion...
What has gender issues and the like got to do with conservatism or any other political ideology? Nothing.

Although being oddly specific the issue is very politically polarised.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 5:17 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:

Gender issues are the new boogeyman that many conservatives are stuck on.

I'm going to start calling it Transgender Derangement Syndrome.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2021, 5:34 am

Once, when I heard the word "Conservative," my first thought would have been of a person in a starched suit, looking down on me for not conforming to their ideal of the perfect American, which would probably be a devout churchgoing independently wealthy CEO who is married with children. When I heard the word "Liberal," I would picture a hippie, who would probably be more understanding.

Social media has changed my impression. My association with the word "Conservative" hasn't changed, but my association with "Liberal" is now also a person in a starched suit, looking down on me for not conforming to their ideal of the perfect American, except their version would be a deeply devoted political activist.

I don't think all Liberals and Conservatives think like this. It's really more the extremes.