The fat acceptance movement is stupid and regression

Page 5 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 8:54 pm

if only folks would just mind their own affairs and stop judging people for things like their weight.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 8:55 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
We also need thin (anorexic) acceptance.

We need thin acceptance but we should never accept anorexia.

And we should never accept obesity either. This hypocrisy needs to stop.

So, I don’t deserve to be accepted? I have to stay on my antipsychotics that predispose me to a higher body weight. If someone with an eating disorder can be accepted so should someone like me who has to take medications to keep her stability and stay out of a psychiatric unit.

So people with anorexia don't deserved to be accepted either? What if I was an anorexic, I don't deserve to be accepted?

Please stop twisting my words, see how stupid this sounds.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Seriously, that woman in the second photo looked fine, I am insulted you would call it unhealthy thin. This is what I am talking about when I say people are so used to seeing people being overweight and obese, they don't know what healthy thin looks like anymore. Even I have gotten body shamed for my size, being told I am too skinny and I need to put on some weight when I don't even look like that bikini woman in the photo. :evil:

If fat people are allowed to have Instagram pages, so can these women too.

The woman in the second photo is Kate Middleton and its a before she got married to Prince William and after shot when she started going in the public eye. There's evidence she started starving herself to become thin once she became a centre of attention for the British media. She had severe morning sickness which a doctor suspected was linked to having poor nutrition during her pregnancy.

The women in the photos became thinner once they became popular so my point is they have been knowingly setting toxic weight standards for their fans. I am not talking about women who have always been the same weight.

Well I weigh less than I did when I was in high school. I think I look good now but no way am I too thin like that bikini woman in the woman. I don't even want to look like a skeleton. I lost weight from working out and cutting out on sugar and I feel sick if I over stuff my tummy and in fact I regret eating that spaghettis because I wasn't even hungry but because it was dinner time, I ate and now I feel awful in my stomach.

I also tend to not eat when I am stressed and anxious because eating becomes a chore. Some people are eaters, some people are restrictors when it comes to stress.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if only folks would just mind their own affairs and stop judging people for things like their weight.

It's not what this thread is about, it's about the toxic HAES movement spreading false information and lies on obesity and shaming those who want to lose weight or not want to get obese.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

So, I don’t deserve to be accepted? I have to stay on my antipsychotics that predispose me to a higher body weight. If someone with an eating disorder can be accepted so should someone like me who has to take medications to keep her stability and stay out of a psychiatric unit.

So people with anorexia don't deserved to be accepted either? What if I was an anorexic, I don't deserve to be accepted?

Everyone deserves to be accepted. Including you.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:15 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Seriously, that woman in the second photo looked fine, I am insulted you would call it unhealthy thin. This is what I am talking about when I say people are so used to seeing people being overweight and obese, they don't know what healthy thin looks like anymore. Even I have gotten body shamed for my size, being told I am too skinny and I need to put on some weight when I don't even look like that bikini woman in the photo. :evil:

The woman in the second photo is Kate Middleton and its a before she got married to Prince William and after shot when she started going in the public eye. There's evidence she started starving herself to become thin once she became a centre of attention for the British media. She had severe morning sickness which a doctor suspected was linked to having poor nutrition during her pregnancy.

The women in the photos became thinner once they became popular so my point is they have been knowingly setting toxic weight standards for their fans. I am not talking about women who have always been the same weight.

Well I weigh less than I did when I was in high school. I think I look good now but no way am I too thin like that bikini woman in the woman. I don't even want to look like a skeleton. I lost weight from working out and cutting out on sugar and I feel sick if I over stuff my tummy and in fact I regret eating that spaghettis because I wasn't even hungry but because it was dinner time, I ate and now I feel awful in my stomach.

I also tend to not eat when I am stressed and anxious because eating becomes a chore. Some people are eaters, some people are restrictors when it comes to stress.

Context is key here, the women I posted transformed into skeletons once they became public figures. Kate Middleton is interesting because her weight fluctuated dropping each time she associated with William. When they broke up while at University her weight increased but then dropped again when she started dating him again.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2021, 9:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Context is key here, the women I posted transformed into skeletons once they became public figures. Kate Middleton is interesting because her weight fluctuated dropping each time she associated with William. When they broke up while at University her weight increased but then dropped again when she started dating him again.

Interesting, she might be a restrictor like me. Some people have troubles eating when stressed because they lose their appetite and it takes effort to even eat. Some people put on weight when they are stressed because they are eaters so they eat to feel better.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 12:41 am

League_Girl wrote:
Interesting, she might be a restrictor like me. Some people have troubles eating when stressed because they lose their appetite and it takes effort to even eat. Some people put on weight when they are stressed because they are eaters so they eat to feel better.

Actresses like Charlize Theron and Renee Zelwegger demonstrated they could easily put on weight for a specific role and then lose it. It's part and parcel of their management team to help them put on/take off and then keep them healthy/fit in a body range that gets them movie roles.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 3:36 am

League_Girl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Speaking of twisting words, anorexia is a behavioral disorder, not a person. You're comparing a behavioral disorder to a body type. It's apples to oranges. You also twisted my words to say anorexics don't deserve to be accepted. It's an illness. They deserve to be treated.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Jun 2021, 7:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
The women in the photos became thinner once they became popular so my point is they have been knowingly setting toxic weight standards for their fans.
I don't think that's true of Kate Middleton (aka Duchess of Cambridge) - check out more than one image: a single pose can be unflattering in many ways.

The image of Keira Knightly is clearly, and cruelly, manipulated.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 10:15 am

If you are a celebrity, and you want the paparazzi to photograph you in a flattering way, then you must cater to their whims, grant their self-serving interviews, and answer their prying questions.  If you do not care much for the paparazzi, or if (G^D forbid!) you insult one of them, then expect to be photographed in the most unflattering ways possible.  Likely, Ms. Middleton and Ms. Knightly have been somewhat less than cooperative with the paparazzi sometime in the past.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 10:34 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Speaking of twisting words, anorexia is a behavioral disorder, not a person. You're comparing a behavioral disorder to a body type. It's apples to oranges. You also twisted my words to say anorexics don't deserve to be accepted. It's an illness. They deserve to be treated.

Binge eating is also a behavior, it's a illness. We are talking about HAES here, not people who are fat. Romance decided to turn this into about her who is fat. So I used her logic about anorexia. I see HAES no different than pro Ana and I am also just as disgusted with that as well.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 10:43 am

Binge eating should also be treated like how anorexia is treated. When people see a anorexic, they do not think "oh that person is a skinny lazy slob" and think badly of them but when they see a obese person, they think badly and think "lazy fat slob" than thinking "oh that person has an eating problem." If this is what HAES was about, then it would be a okay movement. Of course there is no anorexia acceptance movement because no one treats them the same way as fat people are treated so they don't need one. They are already pitied and I also think it's toxic to glorify it as well and I noticed the hypocrisy in high school because if being overweight is unhealthy, guess what, so is being underweight so we shouldn't be commenting on how skinny people are too if it's rude to comment on how fat someone is.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 12:33 pm

It's Worth Noting That Not All 'Technically Obese' Folks

By Medical Report As We Leave the Doctor's Office

Now Are Lazy or Unhealthy; It's Worth Noting That

In This Recent Photo For Proof, i Weigh 243 Pounds

Yeah, Yeah, Got Photos of the Weigh-in For Proof too Hehe;

Plus My Doctor's Reports too As i Stand Here, The Same Official

Obese Weight Of Our Most Recent Former President Trump In Reality

Standing About The Same Height As Him, If We Actually Stood Next to

Each Other in Athletic Shoes; Yet There is A Big Difference, When 'You' Dance

in Public For 14,944 Miles in 93 Months as When i Started That Endeavor As i Also Did/Do

Nude Art All the Way Through IT, to Fully Measure my Human Potential As i Started Out at

210 Pounds, 33 Pounds Ago in 2013, From This Recent Photo As Stamped With the Name

of my most Recent Blog Post too; And It's Obviously Not Any Throw-Back Photo Now With

The Mask On as i Reach 61 Years of Age this Sunday; As Science Shows Humans Have

The Potential to Be Every Bit As Strong As Orangutan Apes Still as Classical Evolution is

Very, Very Slow; We Are Still Basically The Same Evolved Creatures With Epigenetic Potential

As We Were Tens of Thousands of Years Ago; Big Difference Now is; i Move Every Single Body Part

Like Apes Do in the Jungle And Other Animals Do in the Forest Like me Still; As the Empirical Evidence

Also Shows, i Increased my Ability to Leg Press Weight, Starting in 2013 From 500 Pounds Then As Even

Documented on this Site Then, to up to 1520 Pounds Still Now; God Yes, Orangutan Style For Real; My

Feral, And Half Domesticated, And Fully Domesticated Cats All Three Taught me A Valuable Lesson;

Yes Baby, The

Call of the

Wild;

Move

Or Go Stagnant;

That's How Nature Works

From Head to Toe And Every Where
Else; i was Lots More 'Obese For Real' at age 53 and

210 Pounds, Than i am Now At Close to 61; i surely

Have PG Rated Photos too; to Prove That too; Yet i won't

Share That Here As I Am Way too Hairy And Might Scare

Someone Who Thinks i am Just A Beast hehe; It's True

i Am Just

A Human

Animal, Part

of Nature; Nature

Moves Or Pays the

Karma Of Stagnant And

Still As Ponds Will Do As Well...

It's Just Nature; Do Move or Stay Stagnant as Is...

No Need For Shame; The Penalty is Innate in Premature Aging Within...

And To Be Clear, Obviously Some Folks Haves Conditions Beyond their

Control; A Biggest One is the Fact That Animals are Not Evolved For Instant

Gratification; Which Definitely Includes Us and Humans Get Real Empty Without

Growing The Most Important Kind of Health From Birth; Real Complete Warmth, Love

The Feeling Within

That Naturally

Gives

More

Than Consumes

As Love Stays Whole And Complete;

Yes A Root of the Imbalance of Obesity

In the United States Is Truly Colored All 'Stuff Trump'...

No Different Really Than All Other Behavioral and Substance Addictions...

For Me At Least, i See People As Souls; Not Slabs of Meat Thin or Fat; For ME AT Least

Life is Better

When We

Move, Connect,

And Co-Create in Balance

Just Look at the Rest of Nature

In Peace And Harmony; Can't Imagine

A Better Way to Truly Be God Nature in Light of Truth Now

And Yes, God Yes, i Will too As That is Part of Creativity Now too...

The Problem With Exercise Plans Is They Put You On A Machine And

Bore The Hell Out of You As You Basically Become Machine More Than

Human; Same Really As Sitting Behind a Screen All Day; The Inspiration Must

Come From Within or A Dance Free With Whatever Music We Love Most to Move Us;

Thing is, From The Very First Day That Work, School, or Church, Or Yes Home Yelled

At Us to Have Quiet Hands And Feet And Stop Singing Nonsense Verses of Song For Joy;

They took

'God' Away

From Us

And

Made Us

More Machine

Than Human All

Gagged And Bound Silent;

i Decided to Set myself Free

And Still Just Do it my Way Nature

God Free in Balance And Ecstasy of Each Breath Now Truly Living;

It's Amazing How Deeply Held Humans Are in Prison, Afraid to Dance And Sing God Free

And to

Be

Clear

Nature IS GOD NoW;

No Escaping 'This Reality' Now

Becoming FRiEnDS With Gravity Pure

BLiSS iN Balance/'Zen'/'Tao'/FLoW iN Autotelic

LiFE NoW

Breathing...

In Short

Long N o W

my Diet

Is Joy

Loving Joy Works...

And To Be Clear, i Sit on my

Butt Writing As Much or More

Than Anyone Else; Yet i Get Up

And Move As i Understand The Consequences, If i Do Not...

Far Beyond Just Weight; All Cognitive Executive Functioning

Too, In Terms of Short/Long Term Memory And Laser Focus; Basically

The Brain Is An Organ That Must Have Blood Flow Freely Feeding Us This Way...

Again We

Are Only

Human

Animals

With Wings or Not Free Clipped...

When i Was 20, or 30, or 40 i Wish

i Had More Examples of Healthy Active

Mentors To Bring me Inspiration For So Much to Look Forward to Next...

Hmm... All i had Is Very Few Mentors This Way; Perhaps, only Jack LaLanne

Like me, at Age 12, He Started

His Strength Exercising

Creatively

At

15 And Never
Quit Either, Until 96 Years-Old...

Hey, Even If Life Isn't Fair; Live Your Best Only Life Now..

i'm More Impressed By my 'Fatter Nude Art', Early On, at Age 53; it Only

Inspired me to Get Older, Healthier, Stronger, And Even Happier Now Loving It All DarK Thru LiGHT...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 1:08 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Binge eating should also be treated like how anorexia is treated. When people see a anorexic, they do not think "oh that person is a skinny lazy slob" and think badly of them but when they see a obese person, they think badly and think "lazy fat slob" than thinking "oh that person has an eating problem." If this is what HAES was about, then it would be a okay movement. Of course there is no anorexia acceptance movement because no one treats them the same way as fat people are treated so they don't need one. They are already pitied and I also think it's toxic to glorify it as well and I noticed the hypocrisy in high school because if being overweight is unhealthy, guess what, so is being underweight so we shouldn't be commenting on how skinny people are too if it's rude to comment on how fat someone is.

I'm skinny, possibly too skinny and often told that and should eat more. Being told that has never bothered me so I have no idea why it bothers some people to be called fat and they should eat less.

Anorexia is already pitied like you said but I think it's pitied because it's seen as much more of a mental health issue than obesity. Obesity on the other hand is often a simple case of over indulgence and not enough exercise (like my mother demanding I drive for 10 minutes around the car park to look for the closest space to the door). There are medical and mental health issues but I personally believe they're over exaggerated. Almost everyone gets depression at some point in their lives but gaining twice the healthy bodyweight because of it doesn't really seem down to depression alone. The same logic applies to a lot of mental and physical health problem.

In eastern European countries which have arguable worse mental healthcare their rates of obesity is low. Same with other medical problems that are after used as reasons for obesity here. The only difference is that fully developed western nations can afford a mountain of cheap food to go with a side of depression and it's not a good combo.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 1:58 pm

I also believe obesity is a symptom of something and you are right that is it caused by not enough exercise. If someone is too disabled or has limited movement, it will affect their weight. If the side affect of meds they are on is causing them to be hungry more often, they will eat and it will make them put on weight. No one likes to live with a hunger feeling. If someone is already underweight to begin with and they go on anti depressant and they are happier now and because they are happier now, they have an appetite and they eat and because they are eating, they will put on some weight.

If someone is binging on food, it's because they have a underlining issue. Watching My 600 lb Life, many of these people had trauma so food was their comfort. What is ironic is they say food cannot harm them and hurt them but there they are 600 lbs and they are struggling with their size and movement and having health problems already so their "friend" did harm them. But it is an illness and mental illnesses are not rational. Feelings are not rational.

Also everyone has different coping mechanisms when it comes to depression. Some people are eaters, some are restrictors and some people do drugs and some drink and some just sit around all day and watch TV. My mom will just read all the time when she is depressed or stressed out. My mom may be "obese" but she is not obese enough where she would be judged and shamed by society and be discriminated for her size because her weight is acceptable by society standards. My husband is also "obese" and his size is also acceptable now by society standards. If you can still find your clothing sizes in most stores, your size is in the majority of Americans. Even some skinny people have problems finding clothes in their size as well because their size is in the minority. I can still find my size in most stores.

I don't think there is any conspiracy against fat people in the clothing industry as the fat acceptance movement tries to claim, it is supply and demand and stores are not refusing to carry clothing sizes in 20W plus because they hate fat people, it's because there are not enough demand for those sizes for them to carry them. It's capitalism. Stores are not going to carry larger sizes if they are not going to be making enough money off it.

Doctors refusing to do surgeries on obese patients, no it is not because they hate fat people, it is because of risks involved so they try to have the patient lose weight first.

There are lot of reasons out there why I would not want to put on weight and it is not because of fatphobia but more because I don't want aging skin so soon, I don't want to have to go out and buy a new ward drobe, I want to be able to go up and down the stairs without any pain, I want to be able top walk without any pain and I don't want my joints to ache. I think I would need to be at least 200 lbs before I look fat and that would already be obese for my height. Even at 170 I didn't look fat buy my 7 year old thought I did when she saw an old photo of me from when I was 13. But back then, no one thought I was fat, only me. Then I lost 20 lbs that summer and I got lot of "you lost some weight" comments. No "are you okay?" comments and "are you eating enough?" comments. That was because I was already overweight to begin with so no one was concerned. But I bet if I were healthy weight, I may have gotten those comments. Like I say, we are so used to seeing people be overweight, we think overweight people are skinny now and that the actual healthy weight people are too skinny. Even my mom would be called skinny. So back then no one ever thought I was fat and the reason why my daughter did was because she had never seen me that heavy before so compared to that, I was fat in that photo. That is how kids think.

I ate lot of sugar when I was a kid and often snuck sweets and would eat a bunch of fruit snacks. Then I decided to cut back on it and quit sneaking food, start going for walks, start having one meal per meal than having seconds and bam, weight came off. I have a sweet tooth and real food just fills me up so I do not eat that much. And because I cut back on sugar, that is how I don't put on weight unless I have sugar. But even too much sugar is bad because it can age your skin sooner so I can't just eat more sugar for extra calories. I also don't eat out much because of money and fast food is unhealthy for you too and because of money. Eating at home is cheaper. I think eating out sometimes is fine and I see it as entertainment, same as ordering a pizza or going to fast food. I do not think that food will age you quicker if you have it sometimes lol.