Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 9:42 pm

Personally, I think these trans-activists are bullies and psychopaths.

JK Rowling can say what she want about trans-people, because she is logical and rich.

Yes, some trans-folk are bad people. I know this from real life experience, being a trans-person.

Video below:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Feb 2022, 11:58 pm

Ah, a two-month old Blaire White video, I’m sure that will be fair and balanced…

It’s hard to find any objection to what the trans people did. Rowling’s house is a popular tourist destination. It is entirely reasonable for people to stand outside it.

No, Rowling cannot “say what she likes” without being criticised. Legally she hasn’t crossed any lines, but morally she has. She’s a deeply hateful individual who has expressly advocated against trans people’s rights, and particularly autistic trans people. Of course that doesn’t mean it is OK to send her death threats, but we shouldn’t let those (many of which are probably false flags) distract from the more pressing issue of transphobia. Rowling has deliberately chosen to use her money and status to further hatred and the backlash she has received from polite society is entirely warranted.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 1:11 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Ah, a two-month old Blaire White video, I’m sure that will be fair and balanced…

It’s hard to find any objection to what the trans people did. Rowling’s house is a popular tourist destination. It is entirely reasonable for people to stand outside it.

No, Rowling cannot “say what she likes” without being criticised. Legally she hasn’t crossed any lines, but morally she has. She’s a deeply hateful individual who has expressly advocated against trans people’s rights, and particularly autistic trans people. Of course that doesn’t mean it is OK to send her death threats, but we shouldn’t let those (many of which are probably false flags) distract from the more pressing issue of transphobia. Rowling has deliberately chosen to use her money and status to further hatred and the backlash she has received from polite society is entirely warranted.

Well, regardless of the sticking points of some bad (in my opinion - trans-activists) who attack her, by making a big deal out of her admittedly strange focus on dangerous trans-folk...

I think she is correct in framing transgenderism as a medical phenomenon. It is scientific to do so and is in line with scientific guidelines & medical literature.

Transitioning can take more than 5 years legally to complete, from m > f or f > m.

Being scientific is not hateful. It is intelligent thought.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 1:15 am

^ I shall add to that, that in my opinion, there exists three categories of gender.

Male, female & non-binary.

Transitioning takes such a long time via legal means, because scientists have carefully considered the weight of such a decision and do not allow people to make decisions that they may regret, hastily.

It also stops frauds & fakes from invading male or female spaces, by simply wishing to be whatever gender they want to be, without any real substance to back their claims up.

This is important politically too.

Someone who has gone through a lifetime of transphobia and takes years to transition, has a better, more worthier opinion than a female or male political grifter who isn't even a trans person.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Feb 2022, 1:37 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I think she is correct in framing transgenderism as a medical phenomenon. It is scientific to do so and is in line with scientific guidelines & medical literature.

Transitioning can take more than 5 years legally to complete, from m > f or f > m.

I’m not sure wtf “framing transgenderism as a medical issue” means. But if all Rowling had said was “trans people should have healthcare” then nobody would be complaining. The issue is that she portrayed trans people as dangerous. She wasn’t “being scientific”.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 7:20 am

The_Walrus wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I’m not sure wtf “framing transgenderism as a medical issue” means. But if all Rowling had said was “trans people should have healthcare” then nobody would be complaining. The issue is that she portrayed trans people as dangerous. She wasn’t “being scientific”.

It is all about context here.

Her comments about trans-folk potentially being dangerous - which is a fact (I, personally, almost got raped by a trans biological male in real life, many years ago), are on a background context of her views which she has explained, where she has stated her views on transgenderism in detail.

Rowling has said in many places in the media, that she affirms transgender folk & that they indeed are valid people & that she believes in the scientific categories of transgenderism, including it being a medical issue that requires medical assistance.

She believes In the categories of male, female & non-binary. Which, if trans-activists who crticise her would actually look into her views on transgenderism - would know this.

But they don't. They focus on a single issue with Rowling and attack that.

That is an emotional basis for an argument, not a logical basis for an argument.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 7:23 am

I use the pronoun they there, from JK Rowlings perspective, since she is not herself, trans.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Feb 2022, 9:18 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Her comments about trans-folk potentially being dangerous -

… are dumb and play into a narrative that trans people are particularly dangerous, when in reality they are less dangerous than cis people.
Quote:
Rowling has said in many places in the media, that she affirms transgender folk & that they indeed are valid people & that she believes in the scientific categories of transgenderism, including it being a medical issue that requires medical assistance.

That’s all very well and good. But she has also said:

- most trans people “grow out of it”

- gender self-ID is a threat to women

- gender-neutral language is misogynistic

- defended transphobic bullying on the grounds that “sex is real”

- accused trans people of “denying the importance of sex”

- claimed that no gender critical people are transphobic

- claimed that trans people think humans can spontaneously grow testicles

- pointed out that trans people are disproportionately likely to be autistic as a way of undermining trans rights

- accused trans women of thinking that “woman is a costume”

Sure, she hasn’t said trans people should all kill themselves. But that doesn’t magically make all the transphobia go away. She has deliberately and knowingly used her platform to successfully argue against trans rights, to portray trans people as unreasonable, to claim that it is misogynistic to support trans people. She is transphobic.

Roald Dahl was antisemitic, but he didn’t portray himself as a brave defender of the truth, protecting the white race. Nobody ever stood up in a Parliament and use Dahl’s views to justify making it illegal for Jewish teenagers to receive the support they want. Rowling’s views may be marginally less repulsive than Dahl’s, but her actions have made the world a worse place and have tarred her legacy.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 12:04 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Her comments about trans-folk potentially being dangerous -

… are dumb and play into a narrative that trans people are particularly dangerous, when in reality they are less dangerous than cis people.
Quote:

That’s all very well and good. But she has also said:

- most trans people “grow out of it”

- gender self-ID is a threat to women

- gender-neutral language is misogynistic

- defended transphobic bullying on the grounds that “sex is real”

- accused trans people of “denying the importance of sex”

- claimed that no gender critical people are transphobic

- claimed that trans people think humans can spontaneously grow testicles

- pointed out that trans people are disproportionately likely to be autistic as a way of undermining trans rights

- accused trans women of thinking that “woman is a costume”

Sure, she hasn’t said trans people should all kill themselves. But that doesn’t magically make all the transphobia go away. She has deliberately and knowingly used her platform to successfully argue against trans rights, to portray trans people as unreasonable, to claim that it is misogynistic to support trans people. She is transphobic.

Roald Dahl was antisemitic, but he didn’t portray himself as a brave defender of the truth, protecting the white race. Nobody ever stood up in a Parliament and use Dahl’s views to justify making it illegal for Jewish teenagers to receive the support they want. Rowling’s views may be marginally less repulsive than Dahl’s, but her actions have made the world a worse place and have tarred her legacy.

Fair enough.

I was merely pointing out that in my opinion, she isn't an adversary to trans-folk, actually more in the neutral zone.

But, that is just my opinion.

You are also informed on this issue, as you have demonstrated.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2022, 10:28 pm

JK Rowling focuses too much on transgender people. Every week, she has to tweet about them. She also suffers from confirmation bias regarding the topic, posting opinions from doctors that are not experts in transgenderism to begin with. She claims to be a champion of women's rights, but saying transgenders are a threat to women, and she is simply defending the latter is a dangerous strawman.

At the end of the day, she may be right about transgenders from time to time, but even a broken clock can tell the time right twice a day. JK Rowling, just like Ben Shapiro, is full of hatred toward the transgender community.

The transgender community is far from innocent though. They keep sending her hateful messages on twitter, and some transgenders have been stood outside her home with banners. These transgenders are ironically backing her up.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 9:00 pm

I think Rowling, and Graham Linehan, at some point said something somewhat offensive and ill informed and received such an intense and disproportionate public backlash that triggered a sort of fight or flight reflex. And now they're fighting. - I don't agree with Rowling or Linehan or their opinions, but I think transpeople will have to live with people merely tolerating but not really accepting and understanding transgenderism for a while. And that's just in Western countries, not speak of other cultures.

I'm not sure what other option they Rowling and Linehan have now - they have been publicly discredited and made pariahs - other than total denial of everything they ever said, while being personally threatened, or doubling down and waiting for vindication.
And by the time someone is receiving death threats for something relatively minor - however hateful- they said, they aren't going to just give in.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 9:57 pm

@OP.
This has been going on for ages.
Some people like to hate. <ambiguous> 8)

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2022, 8:07 am

Time to wake up. Nobody gets to be famous if they are not part of the club.
"Controversy about self."
Same bird different chirp. Now everyone taking sides.
Find the bird.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 3:41 pm

Rowling has had her moments of fame.  Now she is just old news.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 5:56 pm

Holy crap the projection from TERF Rowling! She uses her position as a rich and famous person to spread hatred against trans people and they're targeting her? She's targeting them!

It's like she's having one of those "they're taking away my right to take away other people's rights" moments.

Trans people have to put up with so, so, so much s**t from society but JK Rowling is the victim.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2022, 6:15 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Holy crap the projection from TERF Rowling! She uses her position as a rich and famous person to spread hatred against trans people and they're targeting her? She's targeting them!

It's like she's having one of those "they're taking away my right to take away other people's rights" moments.

Trans people have to put up with so, so, so much s**t from society but JK Rowling is the victim.

Any chance of providing a quote of hers which confirms she is a "Terf"?

My news sources say she is just saying that there are 2 biological sexes.
If true, how is this being a "Terf"?

I haven't been following the "saga".
I am open to new information. 8)