Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm

Reads that way but the sad thing is there is some truth. Whites were the majority at 90% until the 60’s in US. It does omit the fact the indigenous also had the same mind frame for the white, but also other tribes which also contributed to their demise. Your point is valid when you take all the history of the world, winner takes all.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Truancy isn't the topic of the thread,

This topic is about a law that requires children to attend school, and how that law was enforced.

But we can't ignore the goal. Kill the Indian, save the man.

Substitute "Indian" for "aborigine" and that about summarises the "stolen generation" and forced enrolment of aboriginal kids into government schools in Australia as well.

Few people even in Australia know that many thousands of aboriginal people in Australia speak English as a second language and there is no provision for education in their local language.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Your point is valid when you take all the history of the world, winner takes all.

That's what I mean, "whites" are both not an even remotely homogeneous group, nor any worse than anyone else in world history, I just find this self flagellation to be weird and off-putting.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Truancy isn't the topic of the thread,

This topic is about a law that requires children to attend school, and how that law was enforced.

But we can't ignore the goal. Kill the Indian, save the man.

Substitute "Indian" for "aborigine" and that about summarises the "stolen generation" and forced enrolment of aboriginal kids into government schools in Australia as well.

Few people even in Australia know that many thousands of aboriginal people in Australia speak English as a second language and there is no provision for education in their local language.

The story about the sisters that walked the rabbit fence was an eye opener for me.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm

Dox47 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
Your point is valid when you take all the history of the world, winner takes all.

That's what I mean, "whites" are both not an even remotely homogeneous group, nor any worse than anyone else in world history, I just find this self flagellation to be weird and off-putting.

Yeah, there is also harm in the division as the rule "winner takes all" is still in effect today, just bigger consequences.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:47 pm

txfz1 wrote:
The story about the sisters that walked the rabbit fence was an eye opener for me.

Rabbit proof fence might prime you to look a little deeper down the rabbit hole that his aboriginal history. Check out Sweet Country.

The 1920s isn't that long ago given my grandfather was a young man when the events surrounding this movie could have taken place

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:30 am

txfz1 wrote:
Have any of the bodies in Kamloops been exhumed?

I'm reading they are disputing the claim based on the ground penetrating radar was conducted in an apple orchard.

I came across that too.

https://www.dorchesterreview.ca/blogs/n ... been-found

In Kamloops, Not One Body Has Been Found

Looks like professional conservathot Lauren Southern was on to something when she called it a hoax back in September: