Page 10 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 25  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:27 pm

Mikah wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Dude, I really have no idea what you are talking about. You maybe said something about Germany or something in the 70s? I would really appreciate if you could actually point me in a direction, so that I can be aware of credible allegations of accepted movements on the Left Wing in pushing for paedophilia. And please don't have it be something that just says LGBT education for kids is paedophilia, as it stands there is already a specific side of the political aisle that want to do genital examination in school sports.

Alright you lazy f... I'll give you one link, there is more to find if you go looking:

https://newrepublic.com/article/120379/ ... ia-scandal

It’s not every day that a major European political party has to apologize for having supported pedophilia, but two weeks ago, the German Green Party had to do just that. For the past year and a half, investigators commissioned by the party have been probing its past associations with pro-pedophilia groups, and their report has been shocking to many Germans. It found that the German “pedosexual movement,” which advocated the legalization of “consensual” sex between adults and children, found a surprisingly warm reception in the party in the 1980s.
The current scandal dates back to last year’s federal election, when a German researcher revealed that one of the party’s leaders, Juergen Trittin, had signed off on a 1981 local party platform arguing that sex between adults and children, in some cases, be legal. Trittin quickly acknowledged that he had made a mistake, blaming it on an oversight—but conservative political opponents were quick to describe the Greens’ actions as “repulsive.” This came on the heels of other revelations—which had prompted the report in the first place—that another senior Green Party figure had once written about his “flirtations” with children while working in a kindergarten. Largely as a result, the party only received a disappointing 8.4 percent of the popular vote.
Although it is little remembered these days, the move to legalize pedophilia in the 1980s went far beyond Germany. In the United States, the Childhood Sensuality Circle and, more notoriously, North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) advocated (with little success) for legalized pedophilia, and other countries, including the Netherlands, Canada and the UK, had similar movements. But the movement fared exceedingly well in the unique political climate of West Germany, where the Nazi past made the left especially sensitive (and, in some cases, susceptible) to arguments about individual freedom. “It was a widely-held belief in West Germany that sexual freedom was a way to prevent authoritarianism,” says Stephan Klecha, one of the researchers who worked on the report. “That debate about fascism was very German.”

The 80s? Seriously you have nothing better than stuff that happened almost 40 years ago, only being relevant recently for a person apologising for what happened back then? That is piss poor evidence, especially in the current climate information is more freely available via things like the internet. Not to mention that the investigators finding these things were commissioned by the party itself to find these things.

The article also talked about the sort of politics actually evolved to make a differentiation between people offended, and those who are non-offenders, to lower a stigma to identify non-offenders to get them the help they would need like therapy as to prevent them from possibly offending. I would think that you might agree that those are actually good things, since it should actually protect children.

Do you have anything about modern day politics?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

This video seeks to explore how toxic masculinity impacts the mental health of young men who buy into it. I don't believe this concept solely occurs on the right but right-wing political movements have sought to capitalize on it for quite awhile.

Not only right-wing men. 8O

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:32 pm

Mikah wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Women "freezing" during sexual harassment and/or assault is a common occurrence.

The lack of a hard "no" is absolutely NOT a "yes."

Unfortunately, while sympathies must be had for the victim, this may not count as rape either - depending on the situation and lead up. Mens rea - the perpetrator has to understand he is committing rape or at least doing something wrong to be guilty of it - something very much lost in this argument sometimes. I've heard some justice systems are adjusting the concept of mens rea for rape - which I am pretty suspicious of, but the general principle stands.

If the only 'consent' they have gotten is a non-response to their sexual advances, then they are doing something wrong and quite likely the person has not consented. I will acknowledge there can be non-verbal communication sometimes..like I have seen on date shows where they both lean in for a kiss without having verbally asked about kissing each other. But in those cases they seems both parties are at least reacting to each other and giving body language of leaning into each other. Though I'd say if the guy leans in for a kiss and the woman doesn't it would be inappropriate if they tried to force it anyways. But like if a guy just starts touching a women they have barely met sexually and the woman doesn't do anything that does NOT mean consent, in that case they may be afraid to say no...like if a guy is just going to come up and start doing that, what else might they do? It is quite possible to be afraid when you don't comply with a person who approaches aggressively like that, that they might do worse if you actively reject their advance.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:39 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but that's it? It's not that hard to find out what birth control or condoms are, I mean red states have the internet and movies and TV to learn these from I am guessing... I am surprised if not learning it in school is going to cause that big of a problem, when you can find out about safe sex practices in so many other ways?

Plus why would anyone want to have sex without protection? Are they just hoping they get lucky and it won't happen to them, and that is the only effort they want to put into it being safe?

Well birth control pills and condoms are not even 100%, people can still get accidently pregnant using those. And well some people are ignorant about it due to a lack of learning about it, because they are getting taught an abstinence only approach. Like it seems silly, but yeah in some of those places 18 year old are released out into the world not being aware there are methods to prevent pregnancy. Or being ignorant enough they wonder if giving a blow job could make them pregnant or things like that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 8:51 pm

ironpony wrote:
Another thing I was wondering, do 'red' men, really care about having sex with women, if the women are 'blue', if it means blue women are more open to it?

There's that episode of Curb Your Enthusiam, where Larry hooks up with a woman and as they are making out at her place, and getting hot and heavy, he notices that she has a picture of George W. Bush on her table. He asks if she is a republican and she says yes, and he says I'm sorry I can't do this, and then hurries out.

Are Americans really like that, with politics when it comes to turning down sex?

Well, kind of...I mean I would not have gotten with my boyfriend if he was a right winger. To me it was important having someone on a similar page to me as far as political views. I mean my parents fought a lot when I was growing up and a lot of times they'd fight about like religion because my dad was Catholic and she was Protestant...and though that was more religious difference than political it still made me not want to get in a relationship with someone with opposing religious views or political views to mine. My parents got divorced...and well since that I figured it would be best to find someone on a similar page to me on those kind of things.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:09 pm

Oh okay, but I feel that if politics is making people more sad because it is preventing less people from dating or hooking up, then that is problematic. I mean can't people just like each other, no matter their political differences and just agree to disagree, if they really like each other...

My current gf has different politics than I do, but we both agreed that as long as don't try to impose our differences on each other, then we should be good and still enjoy each other.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but I feel that if politics is making people more sad because it is preventing less people from dating or hooking up, then that is problematic. I mean can't people just like each other, no matter their political differences and just agree to disagree, if they really like each other...

My current gf has different politics than I do, but we both agreed that as long as don't try to impose our differences on each other, then we should be good and still enjoy each other.

Apparently, not in America. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:18 pm

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But isn't that kind of prejucial against someone in a way? I mean if it's racist for a person to only not be open to dating other races for example, then wouldn't it be considered 'politicist', to not be willing to date people with other politics then yourself?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:21 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This video seeks to explore how toxic masculinity impacts the mental health of young men who buy into it. I don't believe this concept solely occurs on the right but right-wing political movements have sought to capitalize on it for quite awhile.

Not only right-wing men. 8O

I agree. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:22 pm

ironpony wrote:

People certainly can agree to disagree on those things in a relationship, and I won't say that is wrong, it does work for some people. But yeah for me personally I don't think that would have worked too well. I know I can take things personally and such...so being at odds on politics or religion seemed like something that could lead to conflicts I didn't want to have with my partner.

But that is not to say, there aren't couples with more differing views from each other that make it work.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:23 pm

ironpony wrote:
But isn't that kind of prejucial against someone in a way? I mean if it's racist for a person to only not be open to dating other races for example, then wouldn't it be considered 'politicist', to not be willing to date people with other politics then yourself?

I think it depends on the extent of disagreement. People who have little in common in terms of values will probably not be romantically compatible or agree on politics so it might be something that works it's self out naturally.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:33 pm

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Well I suppose the way I see it, people do not choose their race whatsoever...I never had a specific racial preference. As for politics and religion people are more able to choose those things, and well I preferred someone who chose a similar view point to me. But other than that, I'd have been afraid to date a right winger...like I got bullied enough in school I wouldn't have needed a romantic partner to call me a snowflake for being on disability without a physical ailment and thinking the government should do more to help poor people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:40 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:

I think it depends on the extent of disagreement. People who have little in common in terms of values will probably not be romantically compatible or agree on politics so it might be something that works it's self out naturally.

Old fashioned marriages work on obedience to one's husband. Compatibility came a very distant second.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm

Do people really discuss politics that much, in friendships and relationships?

I can't say I've ever had a political conversation with anyone except my brother. It's his special interest so he kind of drones on about it as I nod and pretend to listen. I've never talked about politics with my boyfriend. When I grew up we were told not to talk about religion, sex, or politics with others. It seems in the US in particular, it's almost all people talk about. It also seems people make assumptions about other people's value systems based on where they live? (Red state, blue state?)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:46 pm

There is no real correlation between pedophilia and politically “left” ideology.

Trust me: there are plenty of Republicans (or Tories) who are pedophiles.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 9:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Do people really discuss politics that much, in friendships and relationships?

My wife and I (and literally every girl I ever dated) have never discussed politics