Does systemic racism against blacks even exist anymore?

Page 17 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 4:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
we have the gov't we deserve.

See I dont 100% believe that. I want to believe that some of us really do deserve better.

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 5:22 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
we have the gov't we deserve.

See I dont 100% believe that. I want to believe that some of us really do deserve better.

yes, some of us do deserve better yes, i was speaking of the aggregate.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
And so now you've decided to try to put on some big boy pants and act the tough guy.

By asking if you are who I think you are? Because you're sure acting and sounding a lot like a certain serial troll who has lurked here a long time under a lot of different names, and it would explain a lot about your animosity. So, is your name Anton F, and are you still in the Seattle area? Your age is right, about the same as mine, and while the woke pose is new, the vitriol and the specific language used is not. It's kind of an important question, as I don't like to waste my time on trolls. Sure sounds like I struck a nerve though, do you still think that Violator changed your life when you heard it for the first time?

What's the point of asking a question that you've already decided the answer to?

OH, right, to keep me busy defending myself from your silly claims, and to make it look like I'm a troll, even if I'm not. The more I'd deny being this imaginary friend of yours, the more you'd double down and say "yes you are!" If I tried to deny specific claims, you'd use my awareness of the subject matter to claim that that knowledge "proved" I was who you're desperate to prove me to be.

Nice to see you're still going for the lowest hanging fruit that utterly avoids talking about the real topic at hand.

Don't you worry your little head about me. Why not regale us with more tales of proof of how totally UN-racist you are. After all, this thread is about racism, not "Dox's Delusional Fantasy Farm".

Sooooo, tell us more about how un-racist you are, cos you'll date black chicks. AHEM, sorry, you even married one!

It's always funny when people who think they aren't racist try to unfurl their "open mindedness", and once it's out and visible, it's not as impressive as they thought it would be. They think they're whipping out a kielbasa, but it turns out to be a baby vienna.

Setting up the narrative to frame me as a troll just gives you an excuse to run away from the engagement, and save face. If you don't want to play anymore, go home. It's as simple as that.

"I can't be racist cos I don't HATE them - I just don't care about them! I can't be racist cos I'll bang chicks of ANY color! Some of my friends are black people, and I think I should be applauded for exhibiting a small brief shred of basic human decency! I have NO problem with POC as long as they act white right!"

Given that you're the one obsessed with this "Ajax" fella, I'd say I got under your skin, by inadvertently reminding you of something that clearly still bothers you from your own broken history. Or, more specifically, you got under your own skin, by allowing your own demons to haunt you so fiercely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Racism doesn't exist" decided white people. And that's supposed to be the end of it. But yeah, the system TOTALLY doesn't favor whiteness, like, AT ALL. White people aren't racist, EVERYONE ELSE is! Nothing racist here! STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

If racism wasn't real, there should be no problem letting people look for it. If it's not real, there's nothing to find, right? When people try to prove the world is flat, they're not told not to, they're told go ahead, let me know what you find. Yet when it comes to racism, NOPE, DONT LOOK, DONT TALK ABOUT IT, IS NOT REAL, THATS THE END OF IT, STOP BRINGING IT UP!! !! So says white people.

It's like a cop asking if you have anything illegal, so you say "NO AND DONT LOOK IN THE TRUNK!" It begs the question, "Why not?"

"COS THERE'S NOTHING IN THERE!! !" If there's nothing in there, then there should be no harm in looking. I'll look, and there will be nothing, and everything will be ok.

"BUT THERE'S NOTHING IN THERE! NO NEED TO LOOK!" And as much as you'd like me to take your word for it, I'd still rather have a look for myself, rather than have you tell me.

Truth doesn't spoil just cos it's left out in the open. If it has to be protected from scrutiny, if doubt is all it takes to shatter a construct, perhaps it's not as solid as some would like to think. A solid argument should be able to stand on it's own, without being perpetually propped up, or surrounded by blinds to shield it from the slightest gust of wind or a random stray arrow which might knock it down, without being desperately held aloft by the wishes of those who want to keep things the way they are.

Because 60/40 is always "totally fair" to the side that gets the 60. Or, since this is america, the idea that 3=5 is "totally fair" - to the white people, of course, since they're the ones that made that decision.

If only people cared about all of the amendments as much as they care about the second, first, and fifth. Of course, if they did, they might learn something that could ruin their ability to pretend they're a good person. Or learn something that would ruin their ability to deny the way the system is designed to work.

Rather than actually get into the thick of things, they rely on "clever" logic traps and arbitrary rules of engagement that always seem to benefit them, wherein if you can't untangle their puzzle, it MUST prove them right and you wrong - as if being able to baffle an opponent with bullsh!t was the same thing as "being right". Which seems to be a popular tactic these days. "If you can't answer my impossible question, I win!"

They antagonize, and complain, and discredit and disqualify, but never seem to have much to say themselves, other than to expect you to all their homework for them, and not only prove yourself but also disprove them. This is the fundamental objective of questions like:

"If black people are systemically disadvantaged, then how come successful ones exist?!"

Which inherently assumes that systemic actions are even capable of affecting 100% of a group, let alone likely to. That's like saying it's not actually genocide unless you really do actually kill ALL of them, and that simply trying to kill as many of them as possible totally doesn't fit the description.

That's how racist neighborhoods used to deny their racism. They'd let ONE non-white family in, and that's it. That's why affirmative action exists, and what it ACTUALLY does. No, it doesn't steal opportunities from deserving white folk and give it to undeserving POC. No it doesn't "force" you to hire a certain number of token ethnicities. No, it does not lower the standards required.

What it does say is, if you have 1000 QUALIFIED applicants, and you're looking for 100 people, those hundred people should approximately have the same mix as the 1000. If 90 out of 100 people hired are young white guys, even though the 1000 people were 50/50 male / female, and 1/3 white, 1/3 black, and 1/3 latinx, spread equally across the groups, each ranging in age from 20 to 60, someone's gonna wonder why so many of such a specific group was singled out. It literally meets the scientific requirements to qualify as a statistically unlikely event. At that point, you get investigated, not thrown in prison. At worst, you have to fix it, maybe pay a fine if you get caught doing it a lot. And this only applies if you're a government entity, or accept government funds as part of your operation. Private companies have a thousand ways to avoid this, and in such cases it becomes a straightforward discrimination case, which is even easier to avoid if the company has a lot more money than the individual.

In a similar way, it's easer to avoid the discussion of racism and racial profiling by pointing at stats on black crime, but ignoring that the amendment outlaws slavery, except as punishment for crime, and then SOMEHOW more POC end up in prison, yeah, nothing fishy there. To moan about black-on-black crime, but ignore the fact that white-on-white crime occurs at the same rates, and how the fact that neighborhoods are still so SEGREGATED might be WHY black people commit crimes against black people, and white people commit crimes against white people - cos those are the people they live around. DUH.

But yes, whine about CRT and moan about affirmative action, which only exist in response to america's racism. Frantically point at the one black president, which you probably didn't even like or vote for (and BECUASE he got elected DESPITE your opinions that further proves it!), or the occasional successful POC who's opinion you only respect when it agrees with yours. Tell us all how the inequality IS actually equal, it's just that the people themselves are fundamentally different, and how that's totally not racist either, because you don't HATE them for that difference you believe in, you just with they weren't like that, not that they are ALL like that, the ones that aren't like that are great! "I'm not a racist just cos I believe racist things! They're not racist if I can justify them!"

I can go on all day. But please, go ahead, make another joke about how any successful black people didn't get the memo that they're supposed to be oppressed. Funny! Tell us what colors of women you're willing to bed or wed. That'll show us! Point out how few of them there are as a reason why it's ok to not include them. Nothing says "equality" like "well, there's more of us than there are of you, so suck it!"

No really, tell us more. If you truly speak the truth, then it should shine through as a beacon to any willing to see it, regardless of how others may try to distort it. Anything less is a distraction.

But you won't. You'll say on the same cycle of buzzwords and clever sayings, and occasionally try to draw people in to an argument by calling them names, or control or silence them with made up rules of decorum and civility, like a referee trying to call a penalty for failing to kiss their ass - in either case making sure that people aren't talking about racism. They're talking about rules, and civility, and arguing about the meaning of a word. Anything other than shining the light directly at racism.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 8:20 pm

It's funny to me how white people seem to be racist no matter what they do.

If they are distrustful of people of color, they are racist.

If they try to be polite or friendly towards people of color, they're still racist.

If they give up on trying to prove they're not racist and avoid caring or thinking about people of color, they're racist for that too.

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 8:34 pm

i mostly pass for white, but POC saved my butt in the army so i am indebted to them.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 8:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i mostly pass for white, but POC saved my butt in the army so i am indebted to them.

My dad was Polynesian but he pretty much abandoned me after I was born. My mom is white and I was raised by her and my half siblings who are also white I'm light skinned with black hair and hazel eyes, so I identify mostly as 'white'. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm actually racially mixed as well.

♤ The Military

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:29 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
all my life I have been made to feel as though my thoughts and opinions were of less value than everybody else's too.

I acknowledge that everyone on this forum has a right to their thoughts and opinions.

I don't put myself above anyone else on WP and even those people who regularly disagree with me or choose to ignore me are also intelligent and thoughtful (three in particular :lol: ).

Its important to remind ourselves that nobody on WP is any less valuable than anyone else, its one of the reasons I enjoy coming back here.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:31 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My dad was Polynesian but he pretty much abandoned me after I was born. My mom is white and I was raised by her and my half siblings who are also white I'm light skinned with black hair and hazel eyes, so I identify mostly as 'white'. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm actually racially mixed as well.

White passing = white so long as you don't get the "So where are you from" question.

It only matters if you are trying to join a far right organisation nowadays :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:32 pm

^^^ :wtg:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 3:27 am

What's the point of asking a question that you've already decided the answer to?

It's actually still up in the air, you do sound a lot like a guy I used to tangle with, but I'm not sure, though the lack of a flat denial is starting to tip my judgement in a specific direction.

OH, right, to keep me busy defending myself from your silly claims, and to make it look like I'm a troll, even if I'm not. The more I'd deny being this imaginary friend of yours, the more you'd double down and say "yes you are!" If I tried to deny specific claims, you'd use my awareness of the subject matter to claim that that knowledge "proved" I was who you're desperate to prove me to be.

I actually asked you a very specific question; are you the Anton F who keeps coming back here under different names? Yes, no? It would take a lot less time to simply answer than it would to write all this garbage out, which is an answer of a sort.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 7:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

White passing = white so long as you don't get the "So where are you from" question.

It only matters if you are trying to join a far right organisation nowadays :lol:

Lol well the only two times in my life that I ever felt like I wasn't white was when I had one girl in high school ask if I was Jewish and another girl ask if I was half Chinese. :lol:

♤ The Military

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 3:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:

It's actually still up in the air, you do sound a lot like a guy I used to tangle with, but I'm not sure, though the lack of a flat denial is starting to tip my judgement in a specific direction.

I actually asked you a very specific question; are you the Anton F who keeps coming back here under different names? Yes, no? It would take a lot less time to simply answer than it would to write all this garbage out, which is an answer of a sort.

Sorry, I'll try to speak slower and in fewer words so as to not confuse you.

I. am. not. that. person.

I apologize. I somehow got it in my head that stating that you were trying to portray me as someone else was pretty clear that I am not the person you speak of. I should not assume that everyone is literate. Please forgive.

I also figured that since you were already chomping at the bit to "prove" I'm a troll before you even asked, that even if I said "no" in crystal clear terms, you'd just bounce back with "that's exactly what he'd say!"

It's just a form of ad-hominem. Rather than addressing my ideas formally, you simply sweep them aside as "garbage" under the pretense that I'm just a troll. Obsessing about my identity is just a red-herring, meant to steer the conversation away from the topic. Portraying my words as hysterical rants is just another means of the same type of avoidance. When you're not capable of giving a response, just claim it's not WORTH a response. It's like quitting right before you're about to legitimately lose, so that you can claim "no, you didn't win, I quit!", which is technically true, but equally misleading.

If all you're going to do is come up with excuses to not engage with me anymore, wouldn't it be easier to just scurry away already? OR, just not engage with me? As opposed to continuing to engage with me, long after you were whining about how it wasn't worth your time to engage with me.

Funny how a bunch of "garbage" seems to be worth so much of your time and attention. You sure eat it up for it being "garbage".

I suspect the idea is to keep me talking about my identity, as opposed to continuing to talk about racism. Y'know, the TOPIC of this thread. The one you keep ignoring.

I believe you were bragging about what colors of women you'd acceptably date. Please, tell us more. Blacks, AND others, too! Wow! SO MUCH VARIETY!

C'mon. Let's talk about racism. That's the topic, right? Systemic racism, says so right up top.

America is so racist, it will even attack other white people for not being white enough.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 3:26 pm

.lAmerica is so racist, it will even attack other white people for not being white enough.

Actually it attacks them for being too poor. It's called 'classism'.

♤ The Military

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 3:35 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
.lAmerica is so racist, it will even attack other white people for not being white enough.

It's not like these two things are mutually exclusive. Both are true, and if you are both poor AND not "white enough" it stacks even more. Sexism is also a thing, like racism and classism, and doesn't invalidate either of the former either. America doesn't have to pick just one thing to go after people over. It's never short on excuses in that regard.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 4:08 pm

King0fSpades wrote:

It's not like these two things are mutually exclusive. Both are true, and if you are both poor AND not "white enough" it stacks even more. Sexism is also a thing, like racism and classism, and doesn't invalidate either of the former either. America doesn't have to pick just one thing to go after people over. It's never short on excuses in that regard.

Well I do agree with you in that America is a screwed up mess and that the problem stems from rich white slave owners who forced the Native peoples out of their rightful lands through genocide.

But the only reason I'm against Black Lives Matter is because I dont support Marxism. Capitalism is proving to be a failure too I admit, so how can we possibly come up with a new system that works for everyone in this country? It's going to very difficult to do...

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm

If all you're going to do is come up with excuses to not engage with me anymore, wouldn't it be easier to just scurry away already? OR, just not engage with me? As opposed to continuing to engage with me, long after you were whining about how it wasn't worth your time to engage with me.

Nah, it's more fun to draw you out, sell you the rope with which to hang yourself, if you know what I mean. Just keep those personal attacks and insults coming, if there's one thing I've learned in my years here it's how to ignore bait.