Page 5 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Cloakedwand72
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Dec 2021, 7:47 pm

MaxE wrote:
This is intended as a safe space for folks to vent their rage at China and its Communist Party.

BTW if you believe there should be an apostrophe in the title, you haven't done your research!

2 minutes ain’t enough for anyone to rant on China and the CCP.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 2:29 am

Misslizard wrote:
Tibet
Panchen Lama
Coronavirus
Tiananmen square
Uyghur Muslims
Munching on endangered animals
Real Bodies art exhibit made with Chinese prisoners that died

Most of those are reasons to 'hate' the regime that rules China.

Only the second to the last thing is about the Chinese people, and their customs.

Its ok to hate a government.

Not a people.

But yes, like every culture, the Chinese have some barbaric s**t I would like see them give up (like the monkey in restaurant thing- dont ask). And falling for "medicine" made from the body parts of endangered species.

Despite being so authoritarian the Beijing regime doesnt do enough to crack down on the trafficking wild animal products.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:52 pm

China boasts about having the best quarantine procedures. Maybe they do now but they knew about Covid for a whole month and they didn't quarantine Wuhan to "avoid causing a panic". They knew about it for a whole month and they let people freely enter and leave the city. They let people go to other parts of China and other parts of the world. They jailed the doctor who tried to warn people.

I discussed this with some Chinese people and they said "it's not true, China didn't deliberately create the Covid virus". I wasn't accusing China of deliberately creating the Covid virus, I was accusing them of being negligent after it had been discovered.

Its almost as though China is pushing the most ridiculous conspiracy theories so they can easily be denied. Get people talking about absurd theories like "China deliberately infected the world with a man-made virus" and then people won't be talking about China's gross negligence.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:53 pm

I don't give them any credit for their quarentine procedures because if they had decent quarentaine procedures in late 2019/early 2020 their more recent efforts would be unnecessary. The sad thing is, their negligence has ever killed many of their own people.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:03 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I dont necessarily hate China itself, in fact there's lot of things about the country's history and culture itself that I admire.

But the Chinese Communist Party itself is evil.

It is not only the Chinese Communist Party that are evil dictators. You can't say that the old emperors weren't also evil dictators. Go back in time to ancient China and you'll find an emperor who is no less controlling and glass hearted than the current ruler. Except that the rest of the ancient world was no better.

This is not a unique time in Chinese history. Harsh penalties for people who openly criticise the people in charge? That's not unique. Try criticising the government during the Chin dynasty. They were glass hearted too. It's not even unique to China.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 7:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Tibet
Panchen Lama
Coronavirus
Tiananmen square
Uyghur Muslims
Munching on endangered animals
Real Bodies art exhibit made with Chinese prisoners that died

Most of those are reasons to 'hate' the regime that rules China.

Only the second to the last thing is about the Chinese people, and their customs.

Its ok to hate a government.

Not a people.

But yes, like every culture, the Chinese have some barbaric s**t I would like see them give up (like the monkey in restaurant thing- dont ask). And falling for "medicine" made from the body parts of endangered species.

Despite being so authoritarian the Beijing regime doesnt do enough to crack down on the trafficking wild animal products.

There are plenty of other things to eat than endangered species.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.c ... xtinction/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 12:07 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
I dont necessarily hate China itself, in fact there's lot of things about the country's history and culture itself that I admire.

It is not only the Chinese Communist Party that are evil dictators. You can't say that the old emperors weren't also evil dictators. Go back in time to ancient China and you'll find an emperor who is no less controlling and glass hearted than the current ruler. Except that the rest of the ancient world was no better.

This is not a unique time in Chinese history. Harsh penalties for people who openly criticise the people in charge? That's not unique. Try criticising the government during the Chin dynasty. They were glass hearted too. It's not even unique to China.

What is this expression "heart of glass" that you're using?

To have a "heart of glass" usually means that you're "emotionally vulnerable" because your heart is too easily broken. Like Deborah Harry of Blondie singing about herself falling in love too easily in the song "Heart of Glass". :lol:

A merciless ruler might be said to have a "heart of stone", or to be "heartless". But what would "glass" have to do with it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 1:32 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Thats like saying that you HAVE to approve of Silvio Burlesconi, the corrupt prime minister of Italy, because 2000 years ago ancient Rome had brutal emperors. Or like saying you HAVE to vote for Boris Johnson because he is not as bad as English kings of five hundred years ago who had folks drawn and quartered for criticizing the crown.

What exactly is your point?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 3:01 am

naturalplastic wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

What is this expression "heart of glass" that you're using?

To have a "heart of glass" usually means that you're "emotionally vulnerable" because your heart is too easily broken. Like Deborah Harry of Blondie singing about herself falling in love too easily in the song "Heart of Glass". :lol:

A merciless ruler might be said to have a "heart of stone", or to be "heartless". But what would "glass" have to do with it?

Glass heart or 玻璃心.The phrase has a different meaning in China. Basically it means people who are overly sensitive to criticism.

naturalplastic wrote:
Thats like saying that you HAVE to approve of Silvio Burlesconi, the corrupt prime minister of Italy, because 2000 years ago ancient Rome had brutal emperors. Or like saying you HAVE to vote for Boris Johnson because he is not as bad as English kings of five hundred years ago who had folks drawn and quartered for criticizing the crown.

What exactly is your point?

I'm not saying anyone should approve of the current Chinese government. China has a tragic history. They go from one dictator to another. Thus it has always been.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 6:37 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Or like saying you HAVE to vote for Boris Johnson because he is not as bad as English kings of five hundred years ago who had folks drawn and quartered for criticizing the crown.

Boris Johnson is no dictator.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 6:40 am

boris is still better than orangehair.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 6:54 am

MaxE wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Or like saying you HAVE to vote for Boris Johnson because he is not as bad as English kings of five hundred years ago who had folks drawn and quartered for criticizing the crown.

Boris Johnson is no dictator.

Exactly my point.

You wouldnt judge the current head honcho of the UK, or of any English speaking country including the US, by the same standards that you would judge a middle ages king of England.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 5:35 pm

I don't much like medieval kings. They should not be spared judgement.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 5:46 pm

Let’s dig them up and kick their bones around.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Let’s dig them up and kick their bones around.

I wouldn't go that far. But the Chinese Communist Party already did.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2022, 4:52 pm

I read the other day that there is a novel bunyavirus outbreak in China that causes hemorrhagic fever. Which has lovely symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and bleeding into the skin. Basically it makes covid look like a sniffle, and there is no vaccine or cure. But naturally they're not giving out a lot of information about it. Everyone is clearly too busy with covid and the brink of WW3, anyway, so it won't be probably until after people who have been in the Winter Olympics return to their homelands and bring it with them and people start dying from that we'll here about it. Of course, it could have been fake news, but I doubt it.

I read that it's caused by tick bites. Because Lyme disease isn't bad enough, obviously. :roll: