The problem of Nazi/Mandatory vaxx and mask comparisons

Page 4 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 8:01 pm

ironpony wrote:
Why is the government so desperate to keep lockdowns going? I don't believe they actually care this much about covid and I don't think that so many people in the government are Santa Claus with a big heart. It seems to be they have ulterior motives, but what are they?

Also, when other pandemics happened in the past, the government wasn't this harsh on them, yet covid seems to be the acception and they act like it's equivalent to Armageddon. Why? What's the real motive?

What's so unbelievable about preserving the common good and saving lives? And what's so harsh about it?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 8:08 pm

ironpony wrote:
Why is the government so desperate to keep lockdowns going? I don't believe they actually care this much about covid and I don't think that so many people in the government are Santa Claus with a big heart. It seems to be they have ulterior motives, but what are they?

Also, when other pandemics happened in the past, the government wasn't this harsh on them, yet covid seems to be the acception and they act like it's equivalent to Armageddon. Why? What's the real motive?
There WAS a real ulterior motive: undermining Donald Trump. Democrats paid the Wuhan Virus Lab (well, their sponsor George Soros paid them, while Anthony Fauci gave them the information) to make a virus that'll freak out the general public. Which gave Democrats the carte blanche to lock everything down, imprison people in their homes, wreck the economy, create mass anxiety and depression---all to blame everything on Trump and pass off Biden as Jesus Christ 2.0.

After all, why else would a small group of friends having a party be trashed and vilified, while maskless crowds of violent looters and arsonists destroying America get full political support and sponsorship? Open your eyes and stop voting Democrat! Unless you're a billionaire or a violent criminal, they are NOT your friends!

Speaking of Nazis, even Nazi Germany would never stoop to the mass lockdowns the American Democrats created. In fact, the Nazis would end all looting and arson in a matter of hours, rather than let it continue for months like American Democrats did. It's not meant to defend Nazism, but to point out that US Democrats as just as bad as the Nazis.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 8:17 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

There WAS a real ulterior motive: undermining Donald Trump. Democrats paid the Wuhan Virus Lab (well, their sponsor George Soros paid them, while Anthony Fauci gave them the information) to make a virus that'll freak out the general public. Which gave Democrats the carte blanche to lock everything down, imprison people in their homes, wreck the economy, create mass anxiety and depression---all to blame everything on Trump and pass off Biden as Jesus Christ 2.0.

After all, why else would a small group of friends having a party be trashed and vilified, while maskless crowds of violent looters and arsonists destroying America get full political support and sponsorship? Open your eyes and stop voting Democrat! Unless you're super-rich or a violent criminal, they are NOT your friends!

Speaking Nazis, even the Nazi Germany would never stoop to the mass lockdowns the American Democrats created. In fact, the Nazis would end all looting and arson in a matter of hours, rather than let it continue for months like American Democrats did.

Trump was responsible for not only his own defeat, but also for the Covid disaster when he had disbanded the pandemic response team established by Obama - - only because it had been established by Obama.
I'll keep voting Democrat as long as they continue to champion a social safety net to help those in need, fight for civil rights, workers rights, and protect the environment - - things Republicans and conservatives in general oppose.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 8:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump was responsible for not only his own defeat, but also for the Covid disaster when he had disbanded the pandemic response team established by Obama - - only because it had been established by Obama.
I'll keep voting Democrat as long as they continue to champion a social safety net to help those in need, fight for civil rights, workers rights, and protect the environment - - things Republicans and conservatives in general oppose.
I'm glad he disbanded that garbage. If I were him, I'd also disband the EPA and the CDC---the agencies that push the global warming lie and the Biden-19 scamdemic, respectively. I'd also give the money saved to our cities' police forces. If that scamdemic response team were still around, we'd still be locked inside our homes all the time, and have to wear yellow ID badges on our clothes when going out to get groceries.

Also don't forget: today's Democrats DO NOT protect workers' rights---that was over 50 years ago. Today, they protect the rights of only two demographics: the billionaires and the violent criminals.

Thanks god I joined QAnon! They are my last-remaining island of sanity and rationality in a sea of liberalism.

If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 11:24 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm glad he disbanded that garbage. If I were him, I'd also disband the EPA and the CDC---the agencies that push the global warming lie and the Biden-19 scamdemic, respectively. I'd also give the money saved to our cities' police forces. If that scamdemic response team were still around, we'd still be locked inside our homes all the time, and have to wear yellow ID badges on our clothes when going out to get groceries.

Also don't forget: today's Democrats DO NOT protect workers' rights---that was over 50 years ago. Today, they protect the rights of only two demographics: the billionaires and the violent criminals.

Thanks god I joined QAnon! They are my last-remaining island of sanity and rationality in a sea of liberalism.

To quote Luke Skywalker: "Amazing! Everything you said is wrong."
Let's see how much global warming is a lie when the coasts flood due to the ice caps having melted.
I wouldn't be so quick to claim membership in QAnon, as they're the same insane idiots who think John Kennedy and his son are coming back to life to support Trump, or that Trump is actually JFK in disguise. Not to mention how QAnon types believe Trump is either a tiem traveler, or is Christ and this is His second coming.
Why are you so down on billionaires? Isn't Trump one? No, that's right; he only plays one on TV.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2022, 11:33 pm

There really aren’t too many “lockdowns” in the US.

I agree that the Canadian lockdowns are over the top.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to claim membership in QAnon, as they're the same insane idiots who think John Kennedy and his son are coming back to life to support Trump, or that Trump is actually JFK in disguise.
I don't care what QAnon members believe, or not believe. The enemy of my enemy is always my friend! I would have never joined QAnon if they hadn't been against the Biden-19 lockdowns. That's the gist of capitalism: you go with whoever meets your needs the best.

While I'm somewhat saddened to have lost my former liberal friends, my new QAnon friends are a treasure to have in my life. They kept my social life alive and well, with hearty hugs and handshakes, while my former liberal friends were limited to paltry Zoom sessions.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ironpony wrote:

What's so unbelievable about preserving the common good and saving lives? And what's so harsh about it?

Well it's just you can only take away people's freedoms for so long before they get pissed. The trucker protest in Canada seems to be a reflection of that. But I don't believe that the government is interested in saving lives to this degree. There is something else going on that would be in it for them to make such an effort.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:44 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to claim membership in QAnon, as they're the same insane idiots who think John Kennedy and his son are coming back to life to support Trump, or that Trump is actually JFK in disguise.
I don't care what QAnon members believe, or not believe. The enemy of my enemy is always my friend! I would have never joined QAnon if they hadn't been against the Biden-19 lockdowns. That's the gist of capitalism: you go with whoever meets your needs the best.

While I'm somewhat saddened to have lost my former liberal friends, my new QAnon friends are a treasure to have in my life. They kept my social life alive and well, with hearty hugs and handshakes, while my former liberal friends were limited to paltry Zoom sessions.

Well, my experience is the exact opposite. My liberal friends have stuck with me through thick and thin. It's those who joined the Trump crowd who gave up on me to embrace the intolerant and intolerable.
Very likely those lockdowns you're so down on saved lives. It's the governments of red states that cater to the anti-vax lunatic fringe that are seeing a spike in deaths. And that's all due to an irrational rejection of science, and the deification of a third rate reality show host and dirty businessman with malignant narcissistic personality disorder.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:49 am

ironpony wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Well it's just you can only take away people's freedoms for so long before they get pissed. The trucker protest in Canada seems to be a reflection of that. But I don't believe that the government is interested in saving lives to this degree. There is something else going on that would be in it for them to make such an effort.

How is getting vaccinated and wearing a mask taking away anyone's freedom?
I expect my government to go the extra mile in order to save lives. That was a prominent reason why Trump lost, as he had mocked mask wearing and vaccinations (even though he's trying to take credit for it, now), and even said he wanted to limit Covid testing to cut down on reported growth of the virus. That last is especially insane.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:53 am

It's not that getting vaxed is a freedom violation but just other violations. In Canada there are curfews, restricted travel, restricted job opportunities because of covid, etc. Those freedoms are restricted in my opinion.

But I guess this thread is about the vax specifically of course.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 12:58 am

ironpony wrote:

Comparisons of then and now are like comparing apple and oranges. The whole way of thinking about things was different. I was in 6th grade for the Hong Kong flu pandemic in 1968 20 of 25 of my classmates out sick and nothing was closed down. Lets state the obvious, lockdown was not an option, there was no remote work option. If everything was shut down it would have meant instant 90 percent unemployment followed in short order by societal collapse. Disease and death and uncertainty were an expected part of life. The adults had fought in World War Two and if they did not fight knew people who fought were crippled and died. They were used to shortages and uncertainty from not experiencing not only WWII but the great depression. No google, no tap on your phone and get an instant solution to your problem.

The experts and authorities had won the war little obvious reason for distrust and cynicism.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 04 Feb 2022, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 1:03 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Comparisons of then and now are like comparing apple and oranges. The whole way of thinking about things was different. I was in 6th grade for the Hong Kong flu pandemic in 1968 20 of 25 of my classmates out sick and nothing was closed down. Lets state the obvious, lockdown was not an option, there was no remote work option. If everything was shut down it would have meant instant 90 percent unemployment followed in short order by societal collapse. Disease and death and uncertainty were an expected part of life. The adults had fought in World War Two and if they did not fight knew people who fought were crippled and died. They were used to shortages and uncertainty from not experiencing not only WWII but the great depression. No google, no tap on your phone and get an instant solution to your problem.

The experts and authorities had won the war little obvious reason for distrust and cynicism.

But this is the problem is that people say that they couldn't beat the disease back then, where as nowadays, people are so stubborn and keep wanting to have lockdowns, and make the world a worst place, all because they cannot admit defeat and are incomplete denial that covid cannot be beaten. So why don't we go back to humbly accepting when you cannot beat a virus, and just accept it, compared to being so stubborn that you are willing to try anything, even though you cannot beat it...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 1:20 am

ironpony wrote:
It's not that getting vaxed is a freedom violation but just other violations. In Canada there are curfews, restricted travel, restricted job opportunities because of covid, etc. Those freedoms are restricted in my opinion.

But I guess this thread is about the vax specifically of course.

I can't speak for Canada as I've never experienced their Covid policies, but I believe the best intentions have been behind those here in the US. I do personally believe that much more effort should have been undertaken by the government to keep businesses afloat during the shut down, though.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 1:23 am

Well in my profession that i have worked in, filmmaking, actors are required to not wear masks for their job. So that is one career that cannot function with masks all the time. That's just an example of a profession where you cannot wear masks, if the profession is to function.

But I saw if people are vaccinated, like the actors, let them not wear masks. What if they had a law that anyone who is vaxed doesn't have to wear a mask in their profession... Perhaps this would inspire other people to get vaccinated as well, if they knew they wouldn't need a mask in their profession if they do so...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2022, 1:27 am

ironpony wrote:
Well in my profession that i have worked in, filmmaking, actors are required to not wear masks for their job. So that is one career that cannot function with masks all the time. That's just an example of a profession where you cannot wear masks, if the profession is to function.

But I saw if people are vaccinated, like the actors, let them not wear masks. What if they had a law that anyone who is vaxed doesn't have to wear a mask in their profession... Perhaps this would inspire other people to get vaccinated as well, if they knew they wouldn't need a mask in their profession if they do so...

As I understand it, film and television studios don't require actors to wear masks while working, as long as they're vaccinated.