Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 2 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I love Rogan! 8)

I know people who have taken Ivermectin and yes it's also a human medicine.

My dog is currently on human medicine. Animals and humans can often take the same prescriptions.

I find it interesting that it is those who are most vocal in supporting efforts to fight "misinformation" who are behind the claims that he (and anyone else who uses\discusses using it) used "horse dewormer"\"horse paste"\etc. (or who present it as solely being medication for animals) despite offering no evidence that the specific medication used was formulated for animals and not that which was designed for humans.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:22 pm

Brictoria wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I love Rogan! 8)

My dog is currently on human medicine. Animals and humans can often take the same prescriptions.

I find it interesting that it is those who are most vocal in supporting efforts to fight "misinformation" who are behind the claims that he (and anyone else who uses\discusses using it) used "horse dewormer"\"horse paste"\etc. (or who present it as solely being medication for animals) despite offering no evidence that the specific medication used was formulated for animals and not that which was designed for humans.

Just to be clear, I don't know people who have taken it for Covid, but then again I don't really know anyone who has had Covid except a couple who died. Needless to say I don't know what medications they were administered in hospital.

When the pandemic first began everyone was touting the use of Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) which is also an antiparasitic designed to fight malaria. My daughter has been taking it for years for Lupus and I recall warning people that it has dangerous side effects (including blindness) for people who take it experimentally.

I'm certainly not one to push medicine on anyone and I'm wary about any meds I take, or any prescribed to my pets. I like this story though because the main idea isn't whether or not Ivermectin is effective for Covid. It's a story about a major news outlet lying about the indications of this drug, and having their chief medical correspondent admit so on air. It's a very big story with ramifications about truth in the media, and the way information (or misinformation, as the case may be), can be disseminated with no checks or balances about its legitimacy.

That's the story.

I don't know what NPC means and I'm not trying to be political. I'm double vaxxed. I just admire Joe Rogan for having the balls to stand up to Big Media, and point out the dogma and danger of their oftentimes fake news.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
NPC is rather passé.Something fresher please.

I've been informed that my preferred, more current terminology is against the WP ToS, so I have to stick to the classics. NPC is also kind of perfect, repeating talking points without the ability to grapple with new information and adapt to changing situations precisely describes the mindset I'm objecting to.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't know what NPC means and I'm not trying to be political.

Non-Player Character; the digital people you interact with in video games who can only say what they've been programmed to say, much like many partisan types who can't be budged off of their talking points regardless of the evidence in front of them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:27 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
NPC is rather passé.Something fresher please.

I've been informed that my preferred, more current terminology is against the WP ToS, so I have to stick to the classics. NPC is also kind of perfect, repeating talking points without the ability to grapple with new information and adapt to changing situations precisely describes the mindset I'm objecting to.

Reminds me of my old D&D days, non-player character.Happy memories.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:28 pm

Dox47 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't know what NPC means and I'm not trying to be political.

Non-Player Character; the digital people you interact with in video games who can only say what they've been programmed to say, much like many partisan types who can't be budged off of their talking points regardless of the evidence in front of them.

Lol. I assumed it meant Non-Politically-Correct? I don't play video games. I've never heard this term.

I must be double passé if it's already out of style.

I get what you mean though, about people who can't think for themselves.

*That is NOT intended against anyone here -- I'm talking in generalities!*

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:30 pm

It became an alt right insult awhile back.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPC_(meme)

Last edited by Misslizard on 14 Oct 2021, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:31 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Yes... asking for clarification and a source for one of OP's claims makes me an NPC. It's definitely a good idea to take what someone on the internet says as truth without any thought to it. :lol:

OP wasn't making a claim about Ivermectin, he was making a claim about CNN lying about it by mischaracterizing it as a veterinary drug, which is essentially admitted to in the linked interview. Most of the replies in the thread jumped right over the lying and straight to the "is it really an effective Covid treatment?", which is immaterial to the lying question, and beaten to death in many other threads.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:33 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Lol alt right, NPC is pretty mainstream and has been for a long time, the Wojak for it is readily recognizable across the political spectrum.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:36 pm

They all lie on tv.Or most of them anyway.
People were gobbling it up on crackers here, not joking ,and we still got slammed with Delta.Even with all the feed stores with empty shelves of wormer.People that had horses had sick wormy horses and no way to treat them.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:39 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Yeah, sorry, never heard of it.

What is the Wojak bit that Dox mentions? What does that mean? It's not recognisable to me, although I'm not really on the political spectrum (lol --- but true).

I always thought people who think for themselves are called liberals (small l), or free-thinkers?

Incidentally I was horseback riding yesterday. Maybe I should have asked them? wink

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Lol alt right, NPC is pretty mainstream and has been for a long time, the Wojak for it is readily recognizable across the political spectrum.

It’s mostly used by right wingers to insult liberals.I don’t think I’ve seen a liberal use it to describe a right winger.I could be wrong.Didn’t it spring from the same forum that brought us Qanon?The Chans?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.invers ... itical/amp

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:43 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yeah, sorry, never heard of it.

What is the Wojak bit that Dox mentions? What does that mean? It's not recognisable to me, although I'm not really on the political spectrum (lol --- but true).

I always thought people who think for themselves are called liberals (small l), or free-thinkers?

Incidentally I was horseback riding yesterday. Maybe I should have asked them? wink

Wojak is the homely fellow you see on memes.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojak

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I love Rogan! 8)

Just to be clear, I don't know people who have taken it for Covid, but then again I don't really know anyone who has had Covid except a couple who died. Needless to say I don't know what medications they were administered in hospital.

When the pandemic first began everyone was touting the use of Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) which is also an antiparasitic designed to fight malaria. My daughter has been taking it for years for Lupus and I recall warning people that it has dangerous side effects (including blindness) for people who take it experimentally.

I'm certainly not one to push medicine on anyone and I'm wary about any meds I take, or any prescribed to my pets. I like this story though because the main idea isn't whether or not Ivermectin is effective for Covid. It's a story about a major news outlet lying about the indications of this drug, and having their chief medical correspondent admit so on air. It's a very big story with ramifications about truth in the media, and the way information (or misinformation, as the case may be), can be disseminated with no checks or balances about its legitimacy.

That's the story.

I don't know what NPC means and I'm not trying to be political. I'm double vaxxed. I just admire Joe Rogan for having the balls to stand up to Big Media, and point out the dogma and danger of their oftentimes fake news.

Sorry if you thought my reply was criticising you... I merely quoted yours as it was indicating that the medication (as well as others) was designed for both humans and animals, not with any intention of suggesting you had done anything wrong.

I'm also finding this story interesting regarding the honesty of certain media organisations, and the hypocracy of those who repeated the (or similar) claims whilst decrying "misinformation" and seeking to have sources of "misinformation" blocked\censored, as I doubt they intend to add themselves to the list of sources of "misinformation" and undergo such treatment as they desire for their previous targets.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
OP wasn't making a claim about Ivermectin, he was making a claim about CNN lying about it by mischaracterizing it as a veterinary drug, which is essentially admitted to in the linked interview. Most of the replies in the thread jumped right over the lying and straight to the "is it really an effective Covid treatment?", which is immaterial to the lying question, and beaten to death in many other threads.

VegetableMan wrote:
Ivermectin is a human medicine that has won a Pulitzer Prize for effectiveness in slowing down replication of human viruses.

Seems like a claim to me, and I wanted clarification for that claim. I don't usually get involved in PPR and I don't really care what's been discussed before. If I want a source + to learn more about something I'll ask for it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 8:50 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Wojak is the homely fellow you see on memes.

^ Wow. I need to get out more. I don't know him either! :lol:

I should stop now instead of embarrassing myself as a social idiot.

I thought Wojak had something to do with BoJack Horseman.

Thanks Hero for first mentioning the term! I guess it's true that people learn something new every day!

And Bric, No I didn't think you were criticising me at all! I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't trying to push Ivermectin as a Covid drug. I know people who have taken it for other reasons, so I was just clarifying that it's a well-known human medication known worldwide and used by many.