Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2021, 5:03 pm

As it’s been said that Jesus died at 3 p.m. due to it being the 9th hour and there’s that whole rumor that 3 a.m. is the hour of evil. As there in no way is no proof about the 3 a.m. part recorded anywhere, people always count it as 3 a.m. on their own time zone no matter which part of the world they live in. But the crucifix happened at 3:00 at Mt Calvary which has its own time zone apart from other parts of the world (ex: 3:00 pm in mt Calvary means 6:00 am here in eastern America) so if this was true, wouldn’t that make 6:00 am in my location the Holy hour and 6:00 pm the Evil hour because of the time zone thing? You’re also welcome to post whether or not you disagree all together about the whole evil hour thing being true because to tell you the truth I don’t believe it myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 7:16 pm

I don’t believe in that stuff.

It’s hard to determine what time the Crucifixion happened because it happened under a different calendar than today’s calendar.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2021, 9:33 pm

I know right?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 1:50 am

Hmmm...

According to Bishop Ussher the Universe began at nine AM, Sunday Morning, 4004 BC..

But afaik he didnt take into account time zones.

Or maybe he did. That was probably 9 AM Jerusalem Time ( the time zone of the Holy Land).

============

But seriously folks...

Even if you buy into whacky nonsense like an "evil hour" it would probably apply to local time. Otis Redding waited until the Midnight hour local time.

But even if you buy into this, and are truly worried about it...its virtually impossible to figure out. For reasons that include what Kraftie said. But also....

If the Bible actually says that Christ was crucified "on the ninth hour of the day" it would mean the ninth hour of the day according to the traditional Jewish way of time keeping

It would mean the ninth hour after sunrise. And the hours were proportional length "hours". Not modern fixed length hours. They calculated an "hour" to be one twelfth of the time between sunrise and sunset of a given day. So "hours" would be shorter in the winter (because there is less daylight in the northern hemisphere), and longer in the summer.

So you have to know the exact actual date of his execution, and that date by the modern calendar, to know the season so you could know the length of daylight so you could calculate the actual hour in modern time keeping terms.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 2:09 am

I remember in Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, it being said that most people die in their sleep around 3:00 am. And in the Amityville Horror 3:00 am was when creepy things happened, because that's when the previous tenant of the house killed his family. Generally speaking as someone who works the graveyard shift, 3:00 am is the deadest time of night.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 2:27 am

I once heard that "all conversations end at either quarter of, or quarter after, the hour, because JFK died at quarter of.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 6:55 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I once heard that "all conversations end at either quarter of, or quarter after, the hour, because JFK died at quarter of.

Then why did they put him on the half dollar?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:40 am

In all seriousness, the Kennedy Half Dollar was created in 1964, in tribute to John F Kennedy, who was assassinated the year before.

It’s legal tender….but useless in vending machines.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 10:17 am

Aspieangeldude wrote:
As it’s been said that Jesus died at 3 p.m. due to it being the 9th hour and there’s that whole rumor that 3 a.m. is the hour of evil. As there in no way is no proof about the 3 a.m. part recorded anywhere, people always count it as 3 a.m. on their own time zone no matter which part of the world they live in. But the crucifix happened at 3:00 at Mt Calvary which has its own time zone apart from other parts of the world (ex: 3:00 pm in mt Calvary means 6:00 am here in eastern America) so if this was true, wouldn’t that make 6:00 am in my location the Holy hour and 6:00 pm the Evil hour because of the time zone thing? You’re also welcome to post whether or not you disagree all together about the whole evil hour thing being true because to tell you the truth I don’t believe it myself.
While the account of the time of Jesus' death in Jerusalem may be factual, the rest the post is pure hokum.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:12 pm

this is all nonsense. timezones didn't exist back then, and the world was still flat. the bible says so.