Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 4 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 3:32 pm

Controversial or not, that remains to be seen. Putin is successfully scaring the crooks located in Ukraine, trying to rid that country of all the money laundry being made there by americans like the Bidens and all taxes evasion. Chemical weapons are ready in Ukraine and Putin is painted as the bad guy, but once Ukraine starts doing what they intended to do from the start, they will blame it on Russia won't they ?!?
Putin is near Ukraine and he's strong and sturdy strong enough to maybe contain the kamikazes next door looking to make fireworks happen on a global scale. Anyway, whatever is going on, there is a lot we aren't told, are lied about and it's a damn shame that we are being left in the dark like with the scamdemic/plandemic.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 4:18 pm

I sometimes wish I was a religious person, especially now. Because then I would go to church and pray "Please God, protect me from this pandemic and threat of nuclear holocaust that you have sent down to kill me as punishment for my sins, such as when I played with my cousins' demonic He-Man figures when I was a kid."

I heard that's what a lot of people did during the Black Death. Except they wouldn't have sinned by playing with satanic He-Man figures, obviously. Maybe they had said "Church is boring", or enjoyed listening to a bawdy song being played at a party, or something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 11:01 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Dead beat dads who sire multiple children with multiple women and won’t pay child support should loose their right to reproduce.Snip snip.Problem solved.
A woman can produce a baby every nine months ,but a player can spawn one everyday if he’s frisky.

that is understating things, i knew people in the army who could and did let fly several times in a day.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 1:46 am

Dox47 wrote:
I'm not sure that we have a single openly Republican member here at the moment, not just some off-beat conservatives or libertarians, but an actual card carrying member of the party. Considering that the US is pretty evenly split between the parties, and in theory AS should not correlate with political opinion, that strikes me as odd.

I suspect we don't have very many "actual card carrying" Democrats here either.

Here in NYC at least, the local Democratic and Republican parties both tend to be dominated by essentially the same groups of people:

1) Local business-owners' associations.
2) Local "civic associations" or "block associations," consisting mainly of homeowners who believe they have a God-given right to eternally skyrocketing property values, and that this sacred right is ever-so-much-more important than anyone else's completely nonexistent (in their view) right to have a roof over their head at all.
3) Organizations of landlords, realtors, and real estate developers.

Insofar at the two major parties differ from each other at all, those differences are mainly due to other powerful organized interest groups. For example, police unions traditionally lean Republican, whereas most other labor unions traditionally lean Democratic.

Individual voters who are neither wealthy nor part of some organized interest group are not represented by either party.

Occasionally the alignments of interest groups and political parties change. For example, from the Civil War up through the early 1960's, the Democratic Party was the party of Southern segregationists, whereas black civil rights groups naturally supported the Republican Party, which had been the "party of Lincoln," after all. However, the Republican Party tended to take black voters for granted and didn't actually do much for black civil rights. Hence, in the 1960's, when Lyndon Johnson decided to break with Democratic party tradition and became an ardent supporter of black civil rights, the black civil rights groups then began supporting Democrats, whereas the Southern political establishment began a switchover from being solidly Democratic to being solidly Republican.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 2:41 am

Aspie1 wrote:
The reason many aspies vote Democrat is that Democrats present themselves as supporters of oppressed minorities. And since aspies are both oppressed and a minority, the agenda feels seductive. What the Democrats never tell you is that they only support the "right kinds" of oppressed minorities, and aspies aren't one of them.

That's true. The "right kinds" of oppressed minorities are those who are sufficiently well-organized to function as part of an alliance of organized minorities.

In order to have any significant political clout at all, within the Democratic Party or anywhere else, the autistic community needs to become several orders of magnitude better-organized than it is now. For some examples of some of the many kinds of organizations we need, see my Longterm visions for the autistic community. (See also Autistic Workers Project.)

However, if and when our community ever does become sufficiently well-organized to have any political clout at all, it still won't be able to exercise such clout on its own, but only as part of a political alliance. And the most natural alliance -- at least regarding most of our issues -- exists within the Democratic party, not the Republican party.

There are some exceptions. There are a few specific issues on which a more right-wing-leaning autistic rights activist group might be more effective. For example, opposition to fetal genetic screening against autism might fit better into the agenda of the "pro-life" movement.

However, nearly all our other issues would fit much better into the agenda of the alliance of marginalized minorities within the Democratic Party (once we are sufficiently well-organized to be taken seriously).

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 27 Mar 2022, 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 2:50 am

traven wrote:
i started computerpresence with debunking [...] trans-humanism

I would be very interested to see your debunking of trans-humanism. Perhaps this should be a separate thread.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 3:54 pm

Ihavestandardsjust wrote:
Controversial or Unpopular Opinions that you feel you wouldn't be able to share or say in most Social Spheres or Situations.

I think that that every able bodied teenager can retire a millionaire if they work hard for fourty years and invest in index funds

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:18 pm

Professional sports are a colossal waste of effort, infrastructure, land, money, resources, and time.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:26 pm

/\Don’t forget the head trauma.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Professional sports are a colossal waste of effort, infrastructure, land, money, resources, and time.
AND people.

(Thanks, Liz!)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm

"horatio alger" is a persistent amuuurican myth.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 4:51 pm

Horatio Alger Jr. was an American author who wrote young adult novels about impoverished boys and their rise from humble backgrounds to lives of middle-class security and comfort through good works.

Not "poverty-to-wealth", but "poverty-to-self-sufficiency".  Nothing more.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 8:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Well I have known lots of people who worked hard in a career all their life who have retired wealthy just Google earl crawley and most of them did not make six figures

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 8:21 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well I have known lots of people who worked hard in a career all their life who have retired wealthy just Google earl crawley and most of them did not make six figures

upper 5 figures is close enough for this purpose. but that was not me nor anybody i knew.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 8:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

upper 5 figures is close enough for this purpose. but that was not me nor anybody i knew.

Okay good point fair enough I respect your opinion brother

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2022, 9:02 pm

It makes perfect sense to me that a radical feminist would be a TERF.