Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 18 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 7:51 am

I wish we could end globalism so can have our jobs come back from China and India so the middle and working class can have the American Dream.i am also for tariffs to prevent countries like China from having a competitive advantages economically against the USA.I am for free trade but it has to be fair.I wish we could get all our factories back in the Rust belt by giving them tax breaks and better trade conditions.I think if there has to be a min wage it should be one penny an hour but preferrablly 0 would be min wage.I think we should encourage every family to have at least 2 to 3 kids or more by giving them tax credits.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 8:01 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish we could end globalism so can have our jobs come back from China and India so the middle and working class can have the American Dream.

"The return of jobs from China and India" means that many product manufacturers will lose "the industrial lines of the first world and the labor compensation of the third world". And these products are used in countries including the United States. The cost is much lower than the cost of producing production with American workers. "Fixing" this issue will cause the product to return to the "normal" price.

I don't fully understand how much this would improve the American working class. But I'm sure this will make the "American Dream" of the American middle class a little different than imagined.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 8:49 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish we could end globalism so can have our jobs come back from China and India so the middle and working class can have the American Dream.

"The return of jobs from China and India" means that many product manufacturers will lose "the industrial lines of the first world and the labor compensation of the third world". And these products are used in countries including the United States. The cost is much lower than the cost of producing production with American workers. "Fixing" this issue will cause the product to return to the "normal" price.

I don't fully understand how much this would improve the American working class. But I'm sure this will make the "American Dream" of the American middle class a little different than imagined.

Personally as a WalMart shareholder I would rather see Walmarts merchindise be made in the US than China and India even if it did hit Walmarts Bottom Line.I am willing to sacrifice so many families in the Rust Belt can get the American Dream by making Walmart merchandise in American factories I would rather buy American-made products if I could.But Like Im one to talk.I just think companies like Walmart have done some bad things for our country like what good are the lower prices if you cant get hired in the first place.I wish no jobs would of been sent overseas even if it meant paying the full normal price.I think that America should focus on obtaining the best economic conditions for our economy by being economic nationalist and not globalist.I just think globalist capitalism has gone too far.Total widespread laissez faire globalist economics has made a few billionaires way too much billions by closing factories and outsourcing jobs to 3rd world countries.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 8:33 pm

I think that they need to build more affordable housing build more affordable starter homes.I wish that sleeping in cars,trucks,vans, and campers was legal in all of the US in public I wish tiny homes were legal everywhere in the USA.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 10:19 pm

I wish that every piece of national parks and national forest and national monuments and state parks and state monuments and virtually every other public land was privately owned and open to oil and gas drilling coal and gold mining and uraninmium mining and potash mining and every other kind of resource extraction and applicable economic activity.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 11:24 pm

i wish that we could be more like the Scandinavian nations.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 11:43 pm

I think the government should get out of the public school and junior college and trade school and college and professional school business entirely.I think all education should be privatized.I think the teachers unions need to be banned.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2022, 11:54 pm

if i were a tyrant in charge of things, i'd abolish police unions. i'd also unionize the military.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 7:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
if i were a tyrant in charge of things, i'd abolish police unions. i'd also unionize the military.

I think that the Bible commands people to give their kids and grandkids money after they die.oh sorry didnt mean to quote u lol.sorry.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 7:22 am

I think Jesus commands his followers to carry guns because they are the modern-day equivalent to swords of the Biblical Era used for self-defense.Jesus told his followers to buy a sword.Also I think every Christian man has a duty to know how to shoot to protect his family.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:46 am

I like Spinoza because he seemed to believe in God as being a non-sentient/aware Force, rather than a sentient, all-encompassing Being. To call him an atheist would be false. He's more like a pantheist, though the totality of the scope of God is non-sentient to him.

I believe the Transcendentalists would enjoy Spinoza.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 10:50 am

I would like there to be a way where people can explore the entire world.

There is much beauty in places which are now off-limits to most people.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2022, 2:38 pm

I think authoritarianism is inevitable when sh** really hits the fan. I don't find this very comforting, but it doesn't seem like human beings are naturally cooperative enough on a large scale to deal with a major crisis. Most people living comfortably in the first world are basically spoiled and take all kinds of things they don't really understand for granted. People who see a civilizational collapse coming are dismissed as doomers, but I just think they are realists. Climate change is something that's constantly brought up, but it probably isn't even the biggest issue.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 3:27 pm

My controversial belief is that all mineral rights and water rights owned by the U.S. Federal Government should be sold to West Texas Oil Barons.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 4:03 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
I think authoritarianism is inevitable when sh** really hits the fan.

Authoritarianism has its benefits.
But its side effects are unacceptable for many cultures. Whether or not this is an inevitable trend, I doubt that the "conversion" can be accomplished before it is truly destroyed by the crisis.
And we still haven't figured out how to keep authoritarian governments from expanding themselves, especially in the face of a crisis.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2022, 4:30 pm

There’s not much good in authoritarianism—except for those who like to be led by the neck.