Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 31 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 3:49 pm

There are two results of "manufacturing regression":

Workers in the first world and workers in the third world have similar wages, and others enjoy the same price of consumer goods.

Others have to spend more money to buy more expensive domestic products, so that first world workers can earn much more than third world workers to match the consumption level of the first world.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 1:45 am

Well when I said before that I don't believe in no fault divorce, do you think that maybe some people would agree that people shouldn't be allowed to leave a marriage and leave their partners they promised for any reason? Like if they made laws that divorce can be granted on certain reasons, such as abusive partners, infedility, etc, and things like that.

But I hear a lot of people get divorced today because they 'missed out on their 20s', which is not a good reason to get divorcd from a marriage, and other trivial or more materialistic reasons like that.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 7:44 am

ironpony wrote:
Well when I said before that I don't believe in no fault divorce, do you think that maybe some people would agree that people shouldn't be allowed to leave a marriage and leave their partners they promised for any reason? Like if they made laws that divorce can be granted on certain reasons, such as abusive partners, infedility, etc, and things like that.
"No-fault divorce" is a misnomer. "No-fault" divorce is actually "MAN'S fault" divorce, regardless of who's actually to blame. Women own the divorce court system. So the woman always gets the house, the car, the kids, the dog, the antique stamp collection, the lifetime alimony, and 50% of her ex-husband's money. Even in conservative, beet-red states like Arkansas, marriage is still very lucrative for women. Which is why women still want to marry men.

As for infidelity, it's only bad if a man does it. If a woman does it, it's celebrated. The best way to succeed at the marriage game is not to play it at all. I have friends who are women, but there's no way in hell I'm letting a woman marry me!

Until I learned as child that getting married was a choice and not compulsory, I had a suicide plan in place, to carry out the night before the wedding. It was the ultimate revenge fantasy. I'd cheat her out of being a star of a one-woman show and the power to boss me around for life, while suffering no consequences for it, as I'd be dead. The show "Bridezillas" clinched my beliefs.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Sep 2022, 8:35 am

Aspie1 wrote:
I'd cheat her out of being a star of a one-woman show and the power to boss me around for life, while suffering no consequences for it, as I'd be dead.
Isn't that a bit of a pyrrhic victory? "Being dead" seems quite a significant consequence. :?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 8:53 am

Cornflake wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
I'd cheat her out of being a star of a one-woman show and the power to boss me around for life, while suffering no consequences for it, as I'd be dead.
Isn't that a bit of a pyrrhic victory? "Being dead" seems quite a significant consequence. :?
What about the soldiers, from ancient Greeks fighting Persia, to today's Ukrainians fighting Russia? They all joined the army knowing that they could lose their lives, for the possibility of seeing the enemy lose theirs. That was my mindset for suicide the night before the wedding too. I always saw my future wife as my enemy. Look at it this way. If I take my life the night before my wedding, (1) She can no longer be a star of a one-woman show, (2) She has to explain to her family why the wedding is off, and (3) She doesn't get to boss around a henpecked husband. Huge hassles for her, mildly gruesome death for me. Win-win!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Sep 2022, 9:19 am

Aspie1 wrote:
If I take my life the night before my wedding, (1) She can no longer be a star of a one-woman show, (2) She has to explain to her family why the wedding is off, and (3) She doesn't get to boss around a henpecked husband for decades. Huge hassles for her, mildly gruesome death for me.
So you consider killing yourself to spite one woman a victory? That seems a little, umm, extreme.

But she continues living and after an appropriate period of mourning (none, I imagine, if she finds out why you killed yourself) she remarries, to live a long and happy life - while you remain... dead.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 9:27 am

Cornflake wrote:
So you consider killing yourself to spite one woman a victory? That seems a little, umm, extreme.

But she continues living and after an appropriate period of mourning (none, I imagine, if she finds out why you killed yourself) she remarries, to live a long and happy life - while you remain... dead.
That was then, this is now. Today, I know fully damn well I don't have to let a woman marry me. So dying is unnecessary at this point. I just had those plans back when I thought getting married was an unbreakable social rule, like wearing Abercrombie & Fitch or eating Lunchables. (US-specific school examples, as school-age social rules are VERY strict)

Plus, whoever she henpecks and emotionally abuses, it ain't gonna be me. Still win-win!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Sep 2022, 9:31 am

It's indeed a win-win situation that you discovered that finding someone and getting married with them is not mandatory.

BTW, I never wore fashion brands to school. Pretty sick idea, isn't it?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Hedly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2022, 9:46 am

I'm pretty much politically homeless, so I guess that's unpopular. It seems everybody has to adhere to some political ideology, but not me.

I think we need a balance in government, not one side or the other pushing their views. That's a utopian dream I guess, but that's my vision for the future.