Controversial and/or Unpopular, Personal/Political opinions

Page 16 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 10:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Right....but an all-abiding faith in your sect, and the ability to relate to people is.....
No, just the audacity to claim God speaks only to you, and an audience of gullible people to believe it.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 11:12 am

My controversial belief is that the Bible can teach you how to retire a millionaire.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Apr 2022, 11:27 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My controversial belief is that the Bible can teach you how to retire a millionaire.
Matthew 19:24?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 11:35 am

My controversial belief is that everyone who read the previous post immediately googled the verse.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 12:14 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
^^^Hunting animals for food is one thing. But the torture that goes on in factory meat farms is another thing altogether. That's why I finally gave up eating meat last year after years of going back and forth.

Nature is savage. But as the most intelligent beings on the planet, I believe we have the capacity to improve on our natural instincts. We don't -- at least most of us -- accept the slaughter of people in criminal acts of war, but we're willing to turn a blind eye the slaughter of the other inhabitants of our planet.

That's my opinion anyway.

Oh okay I respect your opinion

We can agree to disagree. That's all I have to say on this topic.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 12:16 pm

magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Everyday millionaires are not richh.They are a lot poorer than somebody like the Rich Young Ruler was.1 Million in today's America wont get you very far unless you are somewhere like small town Oklahoma.The Rich Young Ruler would be someone like that would be on the Forbes 400 Billionaires list or a Hollywood A-Lister in terms of wealth and prestige not a 80 year old with a one million stock market portfoio in their 401K and a mobile home and a 1990 toyota corolla with 300,000 miles.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 13 Apr 2022, 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 12:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
^^^Hunting animals for food is one thing. But the torture that goes on in factory meat farms is another thing altogether. That's why I finally gave up eating meat last year after years of going back and forth.

Nature is savage. But as the most intelligent beings on the planet, I believe we have the capacity to improve on our natural instincts. We don't -- at least most of us -- accept the slaughter of people in criminal acts of war, but we're willing to turn a blind eye the slaughter of the other inhabitants of our planet.

That's my opinion anyway.

Oh okay I respect your opinion

We can agree to disagree. That's all I have to say on this topic.

Fair enough.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 2:21 pm

magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

People on that status tend not to own anything but control their stuff through entities and trusts and I dont know if the gospel writers took that into account.Say I was worrth 1 trillion total net worth I could get my net worth down to a 1 billion by borrowing 999 billion from the banks tax free to live on the rest of my life and my wife and family and the church could have the billion after I am gone.Thats what I would do if I was ever a trillionaire and I wanted to make sure I was right with Jesus.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 6:04 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
People on that status tend not to own anything but control their stuff through entities and trusts and I dont know if the gospel writers took that into account. Say I was worth 1 trillion total net worth I could get my net worth down to a 1 billion by borrowing 999 billion from the banks tax free to live on the rest of my life and my wife and family and the church could have the billion after I am gone. Thats what I would do if I was ever a trillionaire and I wanted to make sure I was right with Jesus.

That sounds an awful lot like something George Soros would say. The same man who broke the Bank of England, as well as did damage that the leftist owners and mods of this site would cancel me for bringing up, and laugh about it afterwards.

Don't get me wrong. I'm VERY conservative. I believe that the money you earn is yours and yours alone. It shouldn't go to the government officials and bankers that sit on their butts all day. And it definitely shouldn't go to the worthless freeloaders Biden worships. But I also believe money should be earned via honest productivity, not buying and selling, well... money itself.

The USSR, the poster boy for leftist Marxism, treated freeloading---taking from the state/people while doing nothing to contribute in return---as a very severe, heinous crime. All while American Democrats, living in a free country, blatantly enable it. So we have SNAP recipients buying shrimp and steaks, then paying for pricey cognac with cash, all while carrying the latest iPhone.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Last edited by Aspie1 on 13 Apr 2022, 8:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 6:27 pm

I believe that in 20 years meat eating as we know it will disappear.

Half of the population will be voluntary vegetarians. The other half will still eat meat, but will eat the flesh of "micro livestock".

Fake meat made from grinding up factory raised and fattened insects. For example they will have domesticated locusts that will eat waste cellulose that will then when the bugs mature they will be harvested, and then ground up, and made into hot dogs, or into fish stick like foods.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 9:42 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
People on that status tend not to own anything but control their stuff through entities and trusts and I dont know if the gospel writers took that into account. Say I was worth 1 trillion total net worth I could get my net worth down to a 1 billion by borrowing 999 billion from the banks tax free to live on the rest of my life and my wife and family and the church could have the billion after I am gone. Thats what I would do if I was ever a trillionaire and I wanted to make sure I was right with Jesus.

That sounds an awful lot like something George Soros would say. The same man who broke the Bank of England, as well as did damage that the leftist owners and mods of this site would cancel me for bringing up, and laugh about it afterwards.

Don't get me wrong. I'm VERY conservative. I believe that the money you earn is yours and yours alone. It shouldn't go to the government officials and bankers that sit on their butts all day. And it definitely shouldn't go to the worthless freeloaders Biden worships. But I also believe money should be earned via honest productivity, not buying and selling, well... money itself.

The USSR, the poster boy for leftist Marxism, treated freeloading---taking from the state/people while doing nothing to contribute in return---as a very severe, heinous crime. All while American Democrats, living in a free country, blatantly enable it. So we have SNAP recipients buying shrimp and steaks, then paying for pricey cognac with cash, all while carrying the latest iPhone.

Well Great minds think alike hehe JK..I disagree with him politically he is a very smart man and a genius financier.I have always looked up to him for that Bank of England move since I hope to be a banker/financier one day.Like I think anyone would of done it for 1 billion in one day.I think the bankers have too much power and I believe fractional reserve lending is bad and that I wish the economy did not need to be a debt and consumption and service economy.Because we need the bankers to give out lots of loans to sustain our economy.I just wish it ddidnt have to be like that.Personally I would require all financial advisors to be fiduciaries with retirement funds.I would also think about raising rates while you can.I would rather live under a Bernie presidency or a AOC presidency or another 4 years of biden than spend one day living in 1950's Russia under Stalin.I am not anti-tax.I am just very limited tax.I think a certain very small amount of my money should go to the government

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 9:48 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Half of the population will be voluntary vegetarians. The other half will still eat meat, but will eat the flesh of "micro livestock".

Fake meat made from grinding up factory raised and fattened insects. For example they will have domesticated locusts that will eat waste cellulose that will then when the bugs mature they will be harvested, and then ground up, and made into hot dogs, or into fish stick like foods.

Nah I think Ill stick to sniping deer and axis before i ever eat a locust.Shoot I would eat dogs and cats and horses or donkeys and burros before I got to the point of factory raised locusts you would buy shipped to your house from Amazon if those were my only options.But really I try not to eat a lot of red meat like beef.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 2:42 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Here, public healthcare is the baseline and private practices are a supplement. Life-saving and public health are prioritized in the public healthcare, private sectors offer more convenience like short waiting lists.
It has its problems, we're not living in a perfect world. There are tensions over fundings and there's heavy bureaucracy. But at least people don't end up in debt for being unlucky to get ill.

But it seem like your country would have to have high taxes than here to afford all that healthcare.I was watching a financial guy and he said you could go somewhere like India and or a 3rd world country thats safe and has great medical care and have it done there.

not everybody can afford to travel for health care, not everybody can afford to take time off of work or to pay for the travel which would easily dwarf the $aving$ from getting health care in low-cost nations.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 2:45 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
magz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i believe in UBI. it is long overdue.
I don't. I'm more into universal healthcare, education, public transport, even housing and food - but not money.
UBI in current situation in USA would be eaten by raised rent and health insurance costs and not actually change people's position.

if it were up to me, i'd punish the exploiters among the capitalist class for boosting rents without good reason. i'd limit them to a certain % profit off of rent based on what they were already making off of the working class. if they get caught exploiting the UBI of the working class they would lose their business licenses and their liberty. if we can confiscate the hunting equipment of those caught poaching animals, we can confiscate the property of human predators poaching profits off the backs of hard working people.

I am confused.....does working class simply mean you trade time for money to survive and dont have any assets in Marxist economics. Is the capitalist class anyone who has their money working for them? My controversial belief is that the US should think about mailing chc working class=hard labor jobs, no college degree, no benefits/retirement, no investments/scant savings ability, "living paycheck to paycheck." the majority of us are working class, and our economy would collapse if the working class realized their numeric power and went on strike en masse/stopped working as hard as they do. and yes, the capitalist class are those with the capital [$$$$$$$$$$] whose money works for them and who under present tax law pay an average of 8.2% of their income in taxes, compared to 40% for the working class. warren buffett has said his secretary pays far more in taxes [as a % of income] than he does.

there's nothing stopping working class men from joining the US Military in most cases and they can hopefully be in for 20 years and have a good career.Most peoople who take advantage of that loophole aint peoole like Buffett or Gates.They are mostly retirees so that office worker could of been taking advantage of that loophole if he she played her cards right.Personally I wouldnt charge any millionaires and billionaires any income or wealth taxes but that just me.The working class high school grads can be HVAC guys and electricians and wind turbine operators and oilfield workers and make a good living with no college and retire a mulit-millionaire.

i was in the military for 4 years, but because they want "chiefs and not indians," i was not allowed to re-enlist [Qualitative Management Program or QMP basically is an "up or out" rule, IOW not promoted=not re-enlisted]. and being in the military did not impart any tax advantages for me.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 11:20 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Earthworms are another potential option.

If this were to happen in my lifetime, I would regret not being able to continue enjoying fish sashimi.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Apr 2022, 11:38 am

I think growing meat in vitro will be the way.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>