Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:39 pm

Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I wouldn’t enjoy sitting down and visiting with anyone who laughs about people being coerced into having sex.
But that’s just me, I don’t find sexual exploitation funny.

Who did that?

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-face ... 6692?amp=1
You don’t have to believe this source if you don’t want to.There are others .

Oh shite. That's not good at all. Thanks for sharing. ^

I felt the same way about Trump's history of sexual assault, and again when CNN was supporting Biden despite Tara Reade's allegations, and the video / witness reports of him touching children inappropriately. I have no idea how anyone could, in good conscience, vote for a person who hadn't been cleared of those charges prior to candidacy. CNN saying it was OK and that he was "better than Trump" was disgusting - since they're both / all pigs when it comes to assault.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-bid ... ign-2019-6

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:48 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I wouldn’t enjoy sitting down and visiting with anyone who laughs about people being coerced into having sex.

Who did that?

I felt the same way about Trump's history of sexual assault, and again when CNN was supporting Biden despite Tara Reade's allegations, and the video / witness reports of him touching children inappropriately. I have no idea how anyone could, in good conscience, vote for a person who hadn't been cleared of those charges prior to candidacy. CNN saying it was OK and that he was "better than Trump" was disgusting - since they're both / all pigs when it comes to assault.

Sexual assault is never ok or funny, I can’t wrap my mind around why people think that it is.For victims it’s disgusting to see people laugh about it.
All that Biden sniffing IS weird.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:49 pm

I know he looked familiar. I didn't remember his name. But I remembered him. "Joey Diaz." Just listen to a few minutes of him, he's a real sleazy guy...I only listened The podcast in years past, on a few occasions, for specific guests. Certainly not that guy, he's actually specifically, i remember specifically, the one thing that turned me off the show.. Me thinking: "this is just trash...without guest, the show is garbage." He's kinda like a sidekick or something. Only he's not very amusing, or entertaining.

I was thinking, wait , what well known celebrity is going to go on the show and advocate rape, date-rape, or any kind of predatory behavior.

I would say Rogan appeal is populist, he's man of the people. Atleast he presents himself that way. He speaks on down to earth level, about subjects people are naturally interested in. He's not some plastic news anchor. End of story.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 3:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Who did that?

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-bid ... ign-2019-6

As I recall, Ms. Reade (if I'm thinking of the right person) was a right wing provocateur who told a story about Biden that's not only unsupported by evidence, but just simply sounds very unlikely.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 3:48 pm

It sounds unlikely?

Was there a full court case / investigation?

Do charges need to be laid in order for a victim to be believed?

Speaking of which, it seems people believe the comedy club man in the Rogan video, and they hold him / Rogan accountable, but I don't think any charges were laid by those women.

What about the other allegations on Biden?

What about the video evidence of him touching children?

Do they not count?

Are there degrees of sexual assault / harassment which matter, and others which don't?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 4:04 pm

A good pair of articles on the ongoing attempt to demonize Rogan:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... rikes-back

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... -joe-rogan

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 5:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It sounds unlikely?

Was there a full court case / investigation?

Do charges need to be laid in order for a victim to be believed?

Speaking of which, it seems people believe the comedy club man in the Rogan video, and they hold him / Rogan accountable, but I don't think any charges were laid by those women.

What about the other allegations on Biden?

What about the video evidence of him touching children?

Do they not count?

Are there degrees of sexual assault / harassment which matter, and others which don't?

Touching children??? Just because Biden's been touchy feely hardly means there's a sexual component to it. I've long suspected Lunchbox Joe may be somewhere on the spectrum due to his lack of brain/larynx control, his lack of common sense, and lack of understanding about social boundaries in regard to touching.
Again, as Meade is a right wing political hack, one has to consider her motivation for the charge, while taking into account how Biden's touching might be socially inappropriate, he hardly has a reputation for sexual mauling like Trump or Clinton.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 5:36 pm

You're dismissing inappropriate touch and the violation of personal space because you don't think it's "sexual" to stroke people, or stick your nose in their hair and tell them how beautiful they are?

I don't care if you think it's sexual or not, or whether the law thinks it's sexual or not.

Perhaps you don't know how it feels to be exploited and groped by someone in a position of authority -- on full video, with no one coming to your aid or believing that it could possibly be traumatic.

Yeah sorry, but I'm not going there. It's too triggering for me and for others.

My point is that CNN endorsed this crap ^ by endorsing Biden, and saying that none of those actions (or children) (or women) mattered.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 7:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
You're dismissing inappropriate touch and the violation of personal space because you don't think it's "sexual" to stroke people, or stick your nose in their hair and tell them how beautiful they are?

I don't care if you think it's sexual or not, or whether the law thinks it's sexual or not.

Perhaps you don't know how it feels to be exploited and groped by someone in a position of authority -- on full video, with no one coming to your aid or believing that it could possibly be traumatic.

My point is that CNN endorsed this crap ^ by endorsing Biden, and saying that none of those actions (or children) (or women) mattered.

I agreed it was inappropriate, but I seriously doubt he meant any harm. The fact that it was in full view of the media makes it clear it wasn't sexual. This is hardly anything like Trump bragging on a hot mic about grabbing women's genitals.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I agreed it was inappropriate, but I seriously doubt he meant any harm. The fact that it was in full view of the media makes it clear it wasn't sexual. This is hardly anything like Trump bragging on a hot mic about grabbing women's genitals.

Why can't you just admit that Biden is a creepy mother f****r? It won't kill you. He is no better than Trump. They're both horrible people.

Come on, you can do this! Peel off your partisan blinders and just admit it. Biden is a pervert!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:26 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Why can't you just admit that Biden is a creepy mother f****r? It won't kill you. He is no better than Trump. They're both horrible people.

Come on, you can do this! Peel off your partisan blinders and just admit it. Biden is a pervert!

What if Trump was in those videos, stroking children's chests and running his hands through their hair?

CNN would have gone ballistic. I really doubt it would be "no big deal", or just "inappropriate".

It makes me sick that out of 330,000,000 American adults, some sick freak decided Biden was the most suitable person to be considered, nominated, and eventually awarded the presidency.

He's a role model for the free world, despite that behaviour? Are people on crack?

Voters saw him touching kids ON CAMERA with their own two eyes. Don't they wonder WTF he does off camera?

Do voters have any moral conscience? Don't people care about children's rights?

What if the children were black adult women? Would a presidential candidate be allowed to touch and sniff them?

Why aren't rich white children protected like other groups?

I think I'm gonna blow a gasket now.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:41 pm

Thank goodness no one ever tried to “scratch and sniff” one of my kids.They would be missing a nose and I would be in jail for assault.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Thank goodness no one ever tried to “scratch and sniff” one of my kids.They would be missing a nose and I would be in jail for assault.

Exactly. I've said before if anyone tried that with my kids, I'd put my foot through their face.

I didn't even touch my children like that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:44 pm

Ok folks, back in the day when I was a kid older relatives would always touch me, rub my head, and pinch me. As a touch-sensitive autistic, I hated it. I never thought then and still don't think it was sexual. That was how ethnic white people in the Northeast USA expressed love.

What I do find creepy is him doing it in professional settings.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Exactly. I've said before if anyone tried that with my kids, I'd put my foot through their face.

I didn't even touch my children like that.

And none of the adults in the room even say anything while their kids are getting sniffed!!
That’s so disturbing.It teaches kids that it’s ok for people in power to do whatever they want.Grooming them for future sexual predators.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 8:50 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Ok folks, back in the day when I was a kid older relatives would always touch me, rub my head, and pinch me. As a touch-sensitive autistic, I hated it. I never thought then and still don't think it was sexual. That was how ethnic white people in the Northeast USA expressed love.

What I do find creepy is him doing it in professional settings.

People used to pat kids on head, ruffle the hair, pinch a cheek or even a friendly swat on bottom ,but not sniffing.
The only time I remember adults sniffing was when one of us had stepped in dog poop ,they had to find the culprit that tracked it on the carpet.