Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 99 of 197 [ 3140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 197  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 9:55 am

MaxE wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
some chinese reactions to izium pocket (etc.)

This is what comes of a lifetime spent on Playstation and XBox. Real war is no game.

I don't see anything game-related in these comments.
You think previous wars didn't produce witty comments, jokes and silly songs?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:05 am

magz wrote:
MaxE wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

This is what comes of a lifetime spent on Playstation and XBox. Real war is no game.

Yes there's always gallows humor. If you must endure combat your sense of humor may be your only hope for salvation. Participants in this chat seem to me to be using the war as a kind of entertainment, or the equivalent of a football match. It's neither. I mean, the people who amused themselves by singing "Hitler has only go one ball" faced death in combat at any time.

It's a real problem. I remember when the US invaded Iraq, there was all sort of cheerleading about kicking Saddam's butt and making ragheads run for their miserable lives. Not to mention the Gulf War (the Original Sin of the post-Cold War world). As long as you can safely watch this stuff on your television (or YouTube or Weibo in today's world). They should switch bodies with one of those soldiers (on either side) I'm sure they'd stop laughing in a New York minute. Not to mention the civilians who happen to be in the way of all this fun. If we stopped promoting war as a form of entertainment perhaps there'd be less of it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:07 am

MaxE wrote:
magz wrote:
MaxE wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

Yes there's always gallows humor. If you must endure combat your sense of humor may be your only hope for salvation. Participants in this chat seem to me to be using the war as a kind of entertainment, or the equivalent of a football match. It's neither. I mean, the people who amused themselves by singing "Hitler has only go one ball" faced death in combat at any time.

It's a real problem. I remember when the US invaded Iraq, there was all sort of cheerleading about kicking Saddam's butt and making ragheads run for their miserable lives. Not to mention the Gulf War (the Original Sin of the post-Cold War world). As long as you can safely watch this stuff on your television (or YouTube or Weibo in today's world). They should switch bodies with one of those soldiers (on either side) I'm sure they'd stop laughing in a New York minute. Not to mention the civilians who happen to be in the way of all this fun. If we stopped promoting war as a form of entertainment perhaps there'd be less of it.

I agree with all this.

itscomplicated
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Sep 2022, 10:13 am

i think magz needs a laugh though . it cant be nice for her to be in a country next to ukraine

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 10:15 am

MaxE wrote:

My opinion is, war is way too deeply imprinted into human nature.
It's not people comment a war like it was a match.
It's people getting excited over a match like it was a war.

Sports and video games are just safe outlets for our tribal war instincts.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:16 am

MaxE wrote:
magz wrote:
MaxE wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:

In this context, young Chinese who talk about politics on the Internet are basically keen on deconstructing everything.

Our jargon for "three years of natural disasters" (the great famine), the cultural revolution, the 1989 movement, and the great layoffs (the reform of state-owned enterprises) is the great satiate, the great bodybuilding, military and civilian share joy in the square(not a completely appropriate description, but still a clear reference), the great obtain employment.
This does not mean that we think that those things are understated.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Last edited by SkinnedWolf on 10 Sep 2022, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 10:18 am

itscomplicated wrote:
i think magz needs a laugh though . it cant be nice for her to be in a country next to ukraine
Personally for me, the outcome of this war matters like hell - basically, safe future or we're down the list.

Not to mention all the Ukrainians I personally know.

As for Russians... I really wish they could live in a sane country, doing sane things, some day. But they need to walk this road themselves, no one will heal them against their will.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:36 am

magz wrote:
itscomplicated wrote:
Personally for me, the outcome of this war matters like hell - basically, safe future or we're down the list.

As for Russians... I really wish they could be a sane nation living in a sane country some day. But they need to walk this road themselves, no one will heal them against their will.

Yeah I know how you feel, with all the craziness in my country over Donald Trump I wish America would be a sane country too.

itscomplicated
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Sep 2022, 10:40 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
magz wrote:
itscomplicated wrote:

As for Russians... I really wish they could be a sane nation living in a sane country some day. But they need to walk this road themselves, no one will heal them against their will.

Yeah I know how you feel, with all the craziness in my country over Donald Trump I wish America would be a sane country too.

[offtopic] i saw a documentery a while back and i saw the amount of poverty in LA . it was shocking . theres so much homelessness over there [/ offtoppic]

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 10:47 am

Yeah, we all need to identify and adress our own insanities... and not let our insanities spread real harm.

itscomplicated
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Sep 2022, 10:48 am

magz wrote:
itscomplicated wrote:

As for Russians... I really wish they could live in a sane country, doing sane things, some day. But they need to walk this road themselves, no one will heal them against their will.

it must be scary for you .

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 11:03 am

itscomplicated wrote:
it must be scary for you .
In March, people really slept little - but as the front stabilized, we're safe in the tactical sense. Now we have to go through all the economical and social impact. We can face shortages and blackouts in the winter but that can't be compared to being shelled... and all the other things they've been doing to people in their conquered areas :shiver:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2022, 3:08 pm

Donetsk airport? 8O But it's been a stabilized frontline for years!
And they say Denis Pushilin, the head of the "republic", has fled the city...
Hard to go to sleep now!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Sep 2022, 2:48 am

They're shutting down and cooling the last operating bloc of the Zaporozhia nuclear plant - minimizing the risk of big SHTF there.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm

https://t.me/s/V_Zelenskiy_official

Quote:
Навіть крізь непроглядну темряву Україна й цивілізований світ чітко бачать ці терористичні акти.
Навмисні й цинічні ракетні удари по цивільній критичній інфраструктурі. Жодних військових об'єктів. Знеструмлені Харківська та Донецька області. У Запорізькій, Дніпропетровській, Сумській – часткові проблеми з живленням.

Ви досі думаєте, що ми «адін народ»?
Ви досі думаєте, що зможете нас налякати, зламати, схилити до поступок?
Ви справді так нічого й не зрозуміли?
Не зрозуміли, хто ми? За що ми? Про що ми?
Читайте по губах:
Без газу чи без вас? Без вас.
Без світла чи без вас? Без вас.
Без води чи без вас? Без вас.
Без їжі чи без вас? Без вас.
Холод, голод, темрява й спрага – для нас не так страшно й смертельно, як ваші «дружба й братерство».

Але історія все розставить по місцях.
І ми будемо з газом, світлом, водою та їжею.. і БЕЗ вас!

Even through the invisible darkness of Ukraine and the civilised world, these terrorist acts are clearly seen.
Accidental and cynical missile strikes in civilian critical infrastructure. No military objects. Harkivska and Donetska are compressed. In Zaporinski, Dnipropetrovski, Sumski, there are some food problems.

Do you still think we're one people?
Do you still think you can scare us, break us, lean towards progress?
You really didn't understand anything?
Don't you understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?
Read on your lips:
Without gas or without you? Without you.
Without light or without you? Without you.
Without water or without you? Without you.
Without food or without you? Without you.
Hunger, hunger, darkness and desire -- not as scary and deadly to us as your "friendship and brotherhood."

But the story puts everything in place.
And we'll be with gas, light, water and food... and without you!

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 5:54 am