Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 53 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 196  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 11:59 am

It’s So Cool how everyone who can do anything is doing it. High tech IT people hacking s**t up and programming drones to for surveillance or bomb dropping etc, and medieval artists doing their metal working thing to assist in any way possible. Even half a world away it’s just awesome to see the collective resistance of the human spirit coming together to tell this Russian war ship to go f**k itself. 8)

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgmkv3/ ... war-effort

Last edited by goldfish21 on 01 May 2022, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 May 2022, 12:50 pm

It's uplifting to see Americans remembering now what "fighting for freedom" means and Poles seeing why "solidarity" is not an empty word again.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 12:53 pm

YES!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 5:15 pm

This War just makes me very sad for all those suffering in this War. And dissillusioned and even angry with those bringing War to those areas.

where ever you go ,there you are

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 5:18 pm

I support which ever country is better for Europe. I think Putin may be the one considering zelensky's foreign origins, liberating Ukraine from such unjust occupation would be right, but there could easily be just as much foreign influence over Russia as well. Depends on whatevers better for the future of europe and their self determination. leaning more so with russia.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 5:37 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
I support which ever country is better for Europe. I think Putin may be the one considering zelensky's foreign origins, liberating Ukraine from such unjust occupation would be right, but there could easily be just as much foreign influence over Russia as well. Depends on whatevers better for the future of europe and their self determination. leaning more so with russia.
Как погода в Москве в эти дни?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:09 pm

30yoboomer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 9:59 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
It’s So Cool how everyone who can do anything is doing it. High tech IT people hacking s**t up and programming drones to for surveillance or bomb dropping etc, and medieval artists doing their metal working thing to assist in any way possible. Even half a world away it’s just awesome to see the collective resistance of the human spirit coming together to tell this Russian war ship to go f**k itself. 8)

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgmkv3/ ... war-effort

Everyone hates a bully.
Well, they "should". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 10:02 pm

Fnord wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

Глобально тепло, я слышу. 8)

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 9:41 am

I’m actually looking for blocker to filter news about Russia/Putin, Ukraine/Zelensky.

I’m not interested in all the hate propaganda against Russia. The press are going as far as to bug/bully/cancel Russian-born people/businesses who are totally unrelated to this conflict.

As for the “up until further notice” war’s fundraising going on in Ukraine, Zelensky is no better than Trudeau is for me in Canada. Not representative of the community and looking to make money out of every situation, whether it is dangerous for people. I don’t see the money going to the people, I see it going into the war, if you listen to his willingness to get weapons and his past blames on the American lands for not doing enough.

Seriously… I need a Russia/Ukraine blocker. lol

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 10:22 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

Глобально тепло, я слышу. 8)

With a chance of fallout.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 10:55 am

Fixxer wrote:
I’m actually looking for blocker to filter news about Russia/Putin, Ukraine/Zelensky.

I’m not interested in all the hate propaganda against Russia. The press are going as far as to bug/bully/cancel Russian-born people/businesses who are totally unrelated to this conflict.

As for the “up until further notice” war’s fundraising going on in Ukraine, Zelensky is no better than Trudeau is for me in Canada. Not representative of the community and looking to make money out of every situation, whether it is dangerous for people. I don’t see the money going to the people, I see it going into the war, if you listen to his willingness to get weapons and his past blames on the American lands for not doing enough.

Wut?

All Russian commerce is sanctioned and for good reason. We can’t even renew software subscriptions from tool makers based in Russia. They have nothing to do with the Kremlin or war, but the whole point of crippling sanctions is twofold: 1. For ordinary Russian citizens to put pressure on their own government to cease their senseless war. 2. To prevent Putin from having any means to take cash from businesses and use it for the war.

And wtf? I’m Canadian. Zelenskyy is 1000x the leader to Ukrainians than drama teacher Trudeau is to Canadians. “I need ammunition, not a ride.” about sums up his commitment to standing with his people in the face of Russian invaders.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 11:06 am

Fixxer wrote:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 2:23 pm

Russian Foreign Minister: Russia's purpose is not to change the Kyiv regime, but to ensure the safety of the people in eastern Ukraine(Chinese)

Quote:
On May 1, local time, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in an interview that Russia's purpose is not to change the Kyiv regime, and only the United States will do such a thing. Russia wants to ensure the safety of the people of eastern Ukraine, so that they are not threatened by the militarization of Ukraine, and that Russia's security is not threatened from Ukrainian territory.

A joke from a related discussion:
Quote:
The historical speech of the Russian foreign minister:
Before the war
Ukraine is not a sovereign state

Ukraine's current government has no legitimacy

A world without Russia need not exist

When the war started
Occupy Kyiv in 1 hour and 22 minutes

A third world war is about to break out, and it will be a nuclear war

We reserve the right to use nuclear weapons if national security is threatened

The Western world should remember our history, we will not give in, we have never made an agreement under duress

A month after the war started
Russia-Ukraine talks fall through, bad for the U.S.

Ultimatum issued to the defenders of Mariupol

A month and a half after the war started
Special operation aims to end U.S.-led world process

Russia will never bow to the west

I don’t want to play a cat-and-mouse game with Ukraine, rejecting the two puppet regimes in the Ukrainian and Eastern regions to re-referendum without the intervention of the Russian army

Ukraine is provoking us, Russia will fight back firmly

Two months after the war started
Russia does not seek regime change in Kyiv, but wants to ensure the safety of the people of Udong

We will not threaten others with nuclear war

Ukraine situation will end with treaty signing

Reasonable speculation about the next statement
Russia will do its best to find peace, for which Russia is willing to make concessions in peace negotiations, including territorial

Russia was forced to launch a self-defense war, but now it seems that launching this war "may be an irrational decision"

Russia willing to provide 'aid' to Ukraine in appropriate manner after ceasefire is achieved

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 9:38 pm

Fixxer wrote:

Well, that is the price a bully pays for invading, looting, torturing, murdering and decimating a sovereign country.
Collateral damage. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 10:33 pm

One thing I am surprised by is how everyone is surprised that Russia is fighting in a way that is 'hitting below the belt' such as bombing civilians, etc. But why are people surprised by this? When a nation invades another nation by force, do people actually believe that they are going to fight in "fair fight" sort of way?