Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 184 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 196  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 12:59 pm

Pepe wrote:
TL;DR.

Could you explain the point you were making?

The proxy war between Russia and the US in Ukraine has triggered a wider global economic war and an unspoken alliance against the USA has formed, an alliance intent on creating alternative methods to using the US dollar as a trade medium. The extant global financial system, with America at the centre is unravelling because key global players are in part or in whole: 1) not afraid of America militarily 2) hate the threat of sanctions and 3) have found safety in numbers. America is losing badly in this new theatre of warfare which and 1) in particular has serious implications for the future of NATO.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:04 pm

Pepe wrote:
I think Mikah want the west to fail. :mrgreen:
But Russia will fall before them. :twisted:

Is that why you post the endless Ukraine cope videos? Not because you believe them to be true, but because you want them to be true?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 4:45 pm

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I think Mikah want the west to fail. :mrgreen:
But Russia will fall before them. :twisted:

Is that why you post the endless Ukraine cope videos? Not because you believe them to be true, but because you want them to be true?

There are a lot of videos I don't post.
I just usually share the ones that have some 'meat' on them.
I.E. Have significant events.

The "prediction" type videos I rarely watch and I don't post them.
I gave that crystal balling away decades ago when they were predicting which way interest rates were going.

Why do you have a problem with me posting information?
You don't have to read it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 4:48 pm

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:
TL;DR.

Could you explain the point you were making?

The proxy war between Russia and the US in Ukraine has triggered a wider global economic war and an unspoken alliance against the USA has formed, an alliance intent on creating alternative methods to using the US dollar as a trade medium. The extant global financial system, with America at the centre is unravelling because key global players are in part or in whole: 1) not afraid of America militarily 2) hate the threat of sanctions and 3) have found safety in numbers. America is losing badly in this new theatre of warfare which and 1) in particular has serious implications for the future of NATO.

Well, predictions are simply predictions. <shrug>
I'll worry about it if it happens.

But once again, I have the impression you want the Western world to fail.
I'm assuming you don't, but could you confirm that?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 7:48 pm

Pepe wrote:

You suggested I take positions not because I believe them to be accurate, but because I desire them to be. I just threw the same argument back in your face. It seems you dislike it too.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 10:05 pm

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:

You suggested I take positions not because I believe them to be accurate, but because I desire them to be. I just threw the same argument back in your face. It seems you dislike it too.

Honestly, not at all.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 6:11 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/06/us/p ... ussia.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/07/us/p ... -leak.html

A set of classified documents leaked recently on 4chan, Telegram and later made the rounds on Twitter. The relevant authorities have confirmed these are real documents except for one little thing. Casualty numbers. They claim that the documents have been modified to show lower Russian casualties.

For example, one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths. The Pentagon and other analysts have estimated that Russia has suffered far more casualties, with closer to 200,000 killed and injured, while Ukraine has had more than 100,000 killed and injured.

I suspect the numbers in the leaks are what the US government recognises in secret and are closer to the true figures. They are much more in line with Macgregor's estimates discussed earlier which he claims to have gotten from US gov. sources.

Here is a run down of the leaks with a section on the very dodgy casualty figures. The 200k figure for Russia is almost certainly made up nonsense. An order of magnitude wrong and a deliberately disseminated lie to keep morale and interest up.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/maj ... ine-leaked

What is most interesting is how glaringly this internal U.S. figure contrasts with their ‘public’ statements that “over 200k” Russian troops have died. And in fact, up until a few months ago, for those who knew where to look, you could actually find the U.S.’s true casualty estimates, which were in line with these now secretly-revealed ones.

Wikipedia for instance, under the Ukraine war page, in the casualties section, had U.S. military sources estimating 20-30k for Russian casualties a few months ago, but this was quickly mopped up and memory-holed to be replaced with the new fake “100-200k+” citations.

For instance, using the WayBackMachine to snatch a snapshot of the wikipedia page from months ago, you can see that before the situation for Ukraine got absolutely dire, where the casualty reports got politicized due to the ‘sensitivity’ of showing Ukraine in a negative light because of their near-collapsing situation this is what U.S. estimates had for total ALLIED KIA:

But now you can’t find that as it has been wiped out and replaced with the cartoony “200k KIA” figures.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 8:38 pm

TL;DW: Russia will face manpower shortages unless Putin orders further conscription.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 10:28 pm

Mikah wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/06/us/politics/ukraine-war-plan-russia.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/07/us/p ... -leak.html

A set of classified documents leaked recently on 4chan, Telegram and later made the rounds on Twitter. The relevant authorities have confirmed these are real documents except for one little thing. Casualty numbers. They claim that the documents have been modified to show lower Russian casualties.

For example, one of the slides said 16,000 to 17,500 Russian soldiers had been killed while Ukraine had suffered as many as 71,500 troop deaths. The Pentagon and other analysts have estimated that Russia has suffered far more casualties, with closer to 200,000 killed and injured, while Ukraine has had more than 100,000 killed and injured.

I suspect the numbers in the leaks are what the US government recognises in secret and are closer to the true figures. They are much more in line with Macgregor's estimates discussed earlier which he claims to have gotten from US gov. sources.

Here is a run down of the leaks with a section on the very dodgy casualty figures. The 200k figure for Russia is almost certainly made up nonsense. An order of magnitude wrong and a deliberately disseminated lie to keep morale and interest up.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/maj ... ine-leaked

What is most interesting is how glaringly this internal U.S. figure contrasts with their ‘public’ statements that “over 200k” Russian troops have died. And in fact, up until a few months ago, for those who knew where to look, you could actually find the U.S.’s true casualty estimates, which were in line with these now secretly-revealed ones.

Wikipedia for instance, under the Ukraine war page, in the casualties section, had U.S. military sources estimating 20-30k for Russian casualties a few months ago, but this was quickly mopped up and memory-holed to be replaced with the new fake “100-200k+” citations.

For instance, using the WayBackMachine to snatch a snapshot of the wikipedia page from months ago, you can see that before the situation for Ukraine got absolutely dire, where the casualty reports got politicized due to the ‘sensitivity’ of showing Ukraine in a negative light because of their near-collapsing situation this is what U.S. estimates had for total ALLIED KIA:

But now you can’t find that as it has been wiped out and replaced with the cartoony “200k KIA” figures.

Wikipedia ... 8O :lmao:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 1:54 am

Pepe wrote:

Yes Pepe, Wikipedia. Whatever its faults you can rely on it to provide you with a rundown of the latest fashionable, left wing and/or government approved opinion on a hot topic - and until a few months ago it gave a ~20k Russian casualty estimate based on more than one US source... then, all of a sudden, when Ukraine needs a pick-me-up, we are in fantasy land and a zillion Russians are dead. Skepticism is beyond reasonable, outright disbelief would be the sane response.

Gotta keep people supporting this war after all, can't have people think anything else - for example that they are supporting an utterly futile slaughter of Ukrainian men just because the US want to give Russia a bloody nose.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 4:33 am

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Yes Pepe, Wikipedia. Whatever its faults you can rely on it to provide you with a rundown of the latest fashionable, left wing and/or government approved opinion on a hot topic - and until a few months ago it gave a ~20k Russian casualty estimate based on more than one US source... then, all of a sudden, when Ukraine needs a pick-me-up, we are in fantasy land and a zillion Russians are dead. Skepticism is beyond reasonable, outright disbelief would be the sane response.

Gotta keep people supporting this war after all, can't have people think anything else - for example that they are supporting an utterly futile slaughter of Ukrainian men just because the US want to give Russia a bloody nose.

Firstly, "Wikipedia" is not a credible source when it comes to politics.
It is, after all, a case where ANYONE can add something to it.
And those moderating have not always been unbiased.

Secondly, Ukraine is fighting for its right to exist, period.
Would YOU fight for Britain to exist?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 5:26 am

Pepe wrote:

As I just said it is reliable when it comes to collating fashionable opinion on hot topics. Anyway this is besides the point - you could easily go and check the original sources from which they derived the more sane Russian casualty figures and attack them, but you won't. Your laser-like focus on wikipedia is a way for you to avoid an argument you don't want to face, let alone have.

Pepe wrote:

Even if true, that doesn't make it any less futile. If NATO doesn't send troops in and it looks like they won't, the war will end with either with a negotiated settlement in Russia's favour or it will end with the total destruction of Ukraine. The question is how long Ukraine and the West take to come to terms with that and how many die between then and now. The longer it goes on, the worse it will be for Ukraine (and the better it is for the USA).

Pepe wrote:

What kind of Britain? "Britain" for its own sake? No.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Apr 2023, 7:23 am

Pepe wrote:
Hmm. You rely heavily on the right-wing Antipodean equivalent of Fox News, you've linked the UK's right-wing Daily Mail, and recently you linked Infowars - so far right it orbits a different sun.
Pot, kettle; glass houses, stones etc.

It's natural to be biassed to some degree, even you - but let's not make up things to try and score points.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:46 pm

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:

As I just said it is reliable when it comes to collating fashionable opinion on hot topics. Anyway this is besides the point - you could easily go and check the original sources from which they derived the more sane Russian casualty figures and attack them, but you won't. Your laser-like focus on wikipedia is a way for you to avoid an argument you don't want to face, let alone have.

You expect ME to do your work for you?
Why don't YOU go to the original source and post that?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:51 pm

Mikah wrote:

Pepe wrote:

Even if true, that doesn't make it any less futile. If NATO doesn't send troops in and it looks like they won't, the war will end with either with a negotiated settlement in Russia's favour or it will end with the total destruction of Ukraine. The question is how long Ukraine and the West take to come to terms with that and how many die between then and now. The longer it goes on, the worse it will be for Ukraine (and the better it is for the USA).

Many lives would be saved if the aggressor would move back to its own borders.
Ukraine would not attack Russian territory.
There would be no international support for that.
Perhaps this is a better focus.

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:

What kind of Britain? "Britain" for its own sake? No.

So you would simply let a hostile country displace or kill you, your family, and your friends?
I find that hard to believe.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 2:13 am

Pepe wrote:
You expect ME to do your work for you?
Why don't YOU go to the original source and post that?

Further work is not necessary, all it was brought up to show was the sudden change and memory holing of more realistic casualty figures. You, however, saw an opportunity to play attack the messenger medium. The ball is in your court if you actually care, which I suspect you don't.

Pepe wrote:
Many lives would be saved if the aggressor would move back to its own borders.

Yes many lives would be saved if unicorns flew down from heaven and spirited away the Russian forces. That's not going to happen unless NATO gets involved properly, this war is existential for Russia now, arguably it always was. All you'll get is an opportunity to make poems and songs about the bravery of the Ukrainian soldiers (now mostly teenagers and men your age if videos coming out of Ukraine are to be believed) as they re-enact the Charge of the Light Brigade a thousand times over. When faced with that - the right and moral move is to talk out a settlement and make concessions with the enemy, maybe even total surrender if that is what it takes.

Pepe wrote:
So you would simply let a hostile country displace or kill you, your family, and your friends?
I find that hard to believe.

Why would I fight for a country that hates me Pepe? Hates me for what I am and everything I believe in? I'd do what I could to keep my family safe, but that very different from rallying behind the flag. If the invaders offer a better deal, I'm probably going to side with them. What is the point of a country after all?