Page 11 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 11:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:

I'm also not comfortable with this subject being discussed with a 5 year old. But that ins't what De Santis is trying push down Florida voter's throats is it.

Please spell out to me what DeSantis *is* saying.
I need a link to verify what you say, btw.

There always seems to be a lot of arguments when people don't actually know the facts.

While you are fascinated about 5 years olds hearing about gay people, meanwhile the bill prohibits discussion of anything in schools even to highschoolers which seems stupid.

No, it doesn't.
It specifically talks about kindergarten children up to grade 3.
That is roughly aged 4 to 10 year olds.

cyberdad wrote:
The law is passed so I am interested what type of witch hunt is going to to be conducted when a teacher actually uses the word in class? are they going to send the SWAT to cuff and spread eagle the teacher and send them to jail? are they going to get the sack?

I believe so. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 1:53 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.

Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered.

Sounds like a fallacy to me.
Let me think about that.
Nope, still doesn't sound right.

In which way do they experience gender dysphoria at 5?

goldfish21 wrote:
Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Just my opinion, but gender dysphoria wouldn't be experienced/known at 5.
Do you mean they might prefer to play with dolls?
*I* "play" with action figures, btw. :oops:

goldfish21 wrote:
Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.

Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:

Did you know your gender at 5 years old?

I certainly knew mine. (As well as my sexual orientation for that matter.)

Why wouldn’t a 5 year old know if they were male or female identifying at 5yo?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 2:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.

Disagree.

Let me think about that.

goldfish21 wrote:
Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

goldfish21 wrote:
Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.

I very much doubt you knew your sexual orientation before the sex hormones came into play.

Knowing one's gender and understanding the concept of variable sexual identity/orientation at 5 are two different things.
Why are you finding this so difficult?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 2:12 am

Pepe wrote:

No, it doesn't.
It specifically talks about kindergarten children up to grade 3.
That is roughly aged 4 to 10 year olds.

cyberdad wrote:
The law is passed so I am interested what type of witch hunt is going to to be conducted when a teacher actually uses the word in class? are they going to send the SWAT to cuff and spread eagle the teacher and send them to jail? are they going to get the sack?

I believe so. 8)

In that case I don't object to it. But I'm guessing the timing of this for De Santis is because he plans to run for president in 2024.
https://www.edweek.org/policy-politics/ ... gK8-PD_BwE

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 2:23 am

I knew my sexual orientation when I was 5. I knew I was a boy who digs girls. I had a crush on my teenage girl babysitter at that age. This was right after I learned to talk.

If I was exposed to knowledge about gayness and trans people, that wouldn’t have turned me gay or trans.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 2:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I knew my sexual orientation when I was 5. I knew I was a boy who digs girls. I had a crush on my teenage girl babysitter at that age. This was right after I learned to talk.

If I was exposed to knowledge about gayness and trans people, that wouldn’t have turned me gay or trans.

Oh, please.
"Crushes " are not unusual, but did you have an erection?
At 5, were you thinking about rubbing wee-wees?

Seriously. :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 2:59 am

Yes I had an erection at 5.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 3:10 am

cyberdad wrote:

I had an erection looking at a sock.
What is your point?

Tiny puppies have erections, but it is simply a reflex, not related to sexuality.

Last edited by Pepe on 20 Mar 2022, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 3:11 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I had an erection looking at a sock.
What is your point?

Did you have an erection wearing the sock or just looking?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Mar 2022, 3:22 am

Pepe, please, understand that significant portion of WP members are LGBT - and, contrary to the stereotype, they're not any kind of ever-oversexualizing activists.
A lot of LGBT experience is completely not about sex. It's harming them to insist otherwise.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 3:51 am

magz wrote:
Pepe, please, understand that significant portion of WP members are LGBT - and, contrary to the stereotype, they're not any kind of ever-oversexualizing activists.
A lot of LGBT experience is completely not about sex. It's harming them to insist otherwise.

Firstly, where did I talk about "ever over-sexualising activists"?
I have spoken about teacher activists and included those who may be pushing right-wing narratives such as homosexual acts being a mortal sin.
Are you saying my simply disagreeing with Goldfish is offensive?

Is not the definition of same-sex sexual orientation contingent on sexual attraction?
If not, please tell me why not.

There may have been social expectations, but I didn't know as a certainty that I was heterosexual until I had a sexual attraction for the opposite sex but not for the same sex.
Is it harming anyone with my disclosure?
Am I not allowed to say the "Heterosexual" word?

You do see the irony, here?
People say there should be discussions allowed about sexual orientation, but when I simply point out some scientific facts, I am being pressured not to present my POV.

Please copy and paste the section/s that you have a problem with and I will clarify where I am coming from.

If you prefer, we can take this conversation to a private setting.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Mar 2022, 3:57 am

You keep insisting on sexual aspects of sexual orientation - erection, depicting an intercourse using childish words. Like LGBT was only about sex.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 3:59 am

magz wrote:
You keep insisting on sexual aspects of sexual orientation - erection, depicting an intercourse using childish words. Like LGBT was only about sex.

I have sent you a private message.
I would prefer to discuss this that way.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 4:50 am

Pepe going to get a smack on the bottom

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 5:40 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

Disagree.

Let me think about that.

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

I very much doubt you knew your sexual orientation before the sex hormones came into play.

Knowing one's gender and understanding the concept of variable sexual identity/orientation at 5 are two different things.

I don’t care what you doubt. I know what I knew and when.

I’m far from the only lgbt person that realized their sexual orientation at a young age. Go search the lgbt forum or google for others. Edit: I see kraftie chimed in to disclose he knew both his gender and sexual orientation at 5yo as well - what are the odds ?? 2 of us in one thread doing the impossible. 8) :lol:

I made two separate statements, one about gender and the other about sexual orientation - yes, they are two different things.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Mar 2022, 5:47 am

Pepe wrote:
I very much doubt you [goldfish21] knew your sexual orientation before the sex hormones came into play.

You're wrong and might I add, demeaningly so.
I knew with clarity I was a boy who found older boys attractive at the age of five and although I couldn't quantify it then as a sexual urge, that's exactly what it was.