Why is there so much hating on the right on this website?

Page 13 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:29 am

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:45 am

I didn't start hating the right until Trump became president.

When the GOP started going hard right when the Tea Party got started, I still supported moderate GOP candidates. I hated the Tea Party, but I also had a lot of disagreements with the Dems on the economy.

Other than Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney and Lisa Murkowski, the GOP is not a conservative party anymore, but rather the "whatever Trump wants" party. Even Susan Collins has buckled lately.

I strongly urge those who are right-of-center to form a new party.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 6:20 am

Is there such a thing as a Social Republican, because I think I might be an example. Speaking of the right of centre, that could be the type of party that they could form.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 9:40 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Social Republican, because I think I might be an example. Speaking of the right of centre, that could be the type of party that they could form.

Not that I've really noticed. It seems to be that American republicans oppose government funded social programs almost universally. Healthcare, welfare, education etc.

But that doesn't mean there aren't republicans/conservatives that don't preach and practice All of the typical republican political beliefs. There are people from both sides that are considered more "centrist," than right or left, and then there are independents that consider themselves centrists. etc.

I suppose it's possible for someone to be a Social Republican, depending on the combination of political leanings they have. What would you embrace as someone with that label?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:16 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think it is possible to be a social liberal while being a fiscal conservative (e.g., have your rights, but do not ask me to pay for them); but that seems more in line with being a Libertarian than with being a Republican.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm on the right. I believe very strongly in the rights of people with disabilities. I even feel that unborn babies with disabilities should not be aborted, because I feel that all people with, or without disabilities should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I feel that members of the LGBTQ community should be able to have rights and that we should be treated with respect. I feel that everyone should have access to free health care. I also like to support the troops of my country.

And what about disabled people who become pregnant and don't want to carry a pregnancy to term or have a baby? They may even have a disability that makes pregnancy more dangerous as in it could kill them.

I guess only disabled people who don't get pregnant have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness according to that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:54 am

I would say that the people who are opposed to the extremes of the 2022 Democratic and Republican Parties form a "silent majority." These people want the polarization present today to end. They feel that progress is stymied because of this polarization.

Nelson Rockefeller is a prime example of someone who was a "social Republican." Socially liberal, but fiscally conservative.

They are well-hidden in the Age of Trump----but it's quite possible that there are "social Republicans" just waiting to emerge when they feel the "time is right."

I wouldn't call myself a "social Republican." My political orientation, in general, leads towards European Social Democracy.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
There would be a lot less hatred from the right if there was a lot less hatred from the left. 8)

There's also a broad tendency to dismiss criticisms that aren't desired as hate, sometimes even when they amount to little more than a Spongebob-esque excuse me sir, you're sitting on my body which is also my face level of assertiveness.

Hey, my humanity also deserves to be recognized might sound like hate to defenders of traditions that refuse to recognize some people's humanity though.

Quote:
Please note:
The original context was the hatefulness on this particular website.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=406978&p=9077042#p9076925

This will be my last post in the thread. :mrgreen:

I'm aware of the context, I'm disputing the framing that disagreeing with or pushing back against certain attitudes is the same as hate.

It could potentially devolve into hate though. And hate can also very well become violence if it is not checked.

Why can't we all agree that most issues and preferences should be decided on a local or regional level?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:47 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

It could be in other parts of the world except for the USA. American Conservatism on the other hand is more tightly married to unfettered economic liberalism, even though that is also slowly morphing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 3:00 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Why can't we all agree that most issues and preferences should be decided on a local or regional level?

I think many issues can be.
My opinion is that regional politics reflect more variable wishes and needs than the Constitution. People get voted into local / state politics for short periods of time, sometimes just a couple of years. People move in and out of states depending on the economy. You may begin life as a Texan and retire as a New Yorker. Regional sentiment and voting patterns can change in the course of one or two generations of people, so I think regional government should deal with law that can be more flexible over time, or representative of the current population.

In contrast, I think SCOTUS and the Constitution should apply to all Americans. Big issue topics like the definition of life, or the definition of death and murder shouldn't change over time or affect some Americans but not others. SCOTUS judges have lifelong appointments and their job is to interpret the Constitution, a 233 yo document which is supposed to grant inalienable rights and privileges to all citizens equally.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 7:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

I think many issues can be.
My opinion is that regional politics reflect more variable wishes and needs than the Constitution. People get voted into local / state politics for short periods of time, sometimes just a couple of years. People move in and out of states depending on the economy. You may begin life as a Texan and retire as a New Yorker. Regional sentiment and voting patterns can change in the course of one or two generations of people, so I think regional government should deal with law that can be more flexible over time, or representative of the current population.

In contrast, I think SCOTUS and the Constitution should apply to all Americans. Big issue topics like the definition of life, or the definition of death and murder shouldn't change over time or affect some Americans but not others. SCOTUS judges have lifelong appointments and their job is to interpret the Constitution, a 233 yo document which is supposed to grant inalienable rights and privileges to all citizens equally.

Some Americans have an irrational fear about giving the federal government that much power. They think that having individual state laws (etc.) puts them less at risk for having a strong, centralized form of government that could restrict their freedoms. They don’t want us to turn into a communist dictatorship. It’s an irrational fear, but it’s very present in certain circles.

There are a lot of problems with inequality when it comes to stuff like laws and education. We are not as equitable as we could be.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 9:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
You should watch the complete video and decide for yourself without allowing yourself be taken in by the leftist narrative.

Why not watch all the videos of the Covington school boys
1. Marching in a politically motivated rally
2. being allowed by their teachers to wear MAGA hats
3. being encouraged by their teachers to march in a rally to remove women's rights to an abortion
4. teachers looking the other way as the boys verbally/sexually abuse teenage girls who reported their behaviour/conduct
5. encouraged by teachers to cross the road to confront black extremists (what were the teachers doing??)
6. surrounding a native american elder and racially taunting him (again what were the teachers doing??)' it's important to note that boys at this all-white school also have a history of racially taunting black basketball teams who play their school. Their school has never attempted to rectify their conduct in the sports arena,.

It was in this environment that Sandmann was enabled/embolded/entitled to stare down an old man and smirk as the old man was being racially abused.

There were three groups at fault during this whole debacle
1. Sandman who chose to sneer at an old man and smirk as he was being racially taunted
2. the other school boys who were on the record for mysogistic and racist behavior
3. the school and teachers for enabling a culture in this school that permits this type of behavior and a culture that promotes support for Trump and right wing ideologies

If anyone wants to witness how trump's right wing experiment is influencing America then look no further than the entitled little s**t Nick Sandmann, his school and the school adminstrators at Covington.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:30 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

That's the label Mussolini chose to use, at best it seems like it's intended to describe social democracy, minus the democracy. Basically a dictatorship that isn't a monarchy and believes in a social safety net.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
You should watch the complete video and decide for yourself without allowing yourself be taken in by the leftist narrative.

Why not watch all the videos of the Covington school boys
1. Marching in a politically motivated rally
2. being allowed by their teachers to wear MAGA hats
3. being encouraged by their teachers to march in a rally to remove women's rights to an abortion
4. teachers looking the other way as the boys verbally/sexually abuse teenage girls who reported their behaviour/conduct
5. encouraged by teachers to cross the road to confront black extremists (what were the teachers doing??)
6. surrounding a native american elder and racially taunting him (again what were the teachers doing??)' it's important to note that boys at this all-white school also have a history of racially taunting black basketball teams who play their school. Their school has never attempted to rectify their conduct in the sports arena,.

It was in this environment that Sandmann was enabled/embolded/entitled to stare down an old man and smirk as the old man was being racially abused.

There were three groups at fault during this whole debacle
1. Sandman who chose to sneer at an old man and smirk as he was being racially taunted
2. the other school boys who were on the record for mysogistic and racist behavior
3. the school and teachers for enabling a culture in this school that permits this type of behavior and a culture that promotes support for Trump and right wing ideologies

If anyone wants to witness how trump's right wing experiment is influencing America then look no further than the entitled little s**t Nick Sandmann, his school and the school adminstrators at Covington.

You guys:

CD is the alien

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:56 pm

A More Perfect Union In Regard to the

Rights to Breathing Life, Liberty, And the Pursuit

of Happiness; Both In Individual And Group Ways;

However, the Original Idea Too is Separation of Church and

State, Getting Away From ONLY ONE Monarchy And So Called God's Laws That Way;

It Sort of Rubs Folks The Wrong Way Who Truly Believe in this American Way, When

They Visit A Church Where Folks Demand That God's Laws Must Supersede All Laws

Even Though the Bible Offers NO DIRECTION
ON ABORTION AND THE VALUE OF A FETUS
IS CONSIDERED THE VALUE OF PROPERTY AND
NOT 'PERSONHOOD' INDEED; HOWEVER IT DOESN'T

MATTER IF THE JESUS DUDE Per Story NEVER SAID A WORD AGAINST
HOMOSEXUALITY, NO MATTER WHAT KINDA VISION SAUL THE PAUL

HAD AFTER FALLING ON HIS HEAD OR WHAT NOT THEN, SO IT'S TRUE, IT'S ALL

MADE UP RULES BY MORE 'MODERN DUDES' MOSTLY IN CHURCHES AND SO FAR AWAY

FROM LOVE AS A COMMANDMENT AS THAT SURELY INCLUDES HEALTH CARE FOR WOMEN

IN EVERY
FRIGGING
STATE, IF WE
REALLY WANNA
EVEN SAY WE WANNA GO
BY THE RULE OF LOVE FOR ALL AS SUCH...

Anyway, Fascinating to Study and It's Pretty Much
A 'No-Brainer' That Women And The Folks Who Truly Love
'em are gonna get somewhat Hot Under the Collar When Ignorance

Comes to Harm, Rape, Maim, And Kill Even More Innocent Women Having
Miscarriages and the Such With Difficulties Finding Drugs to PREVENT THEM

FROM FRIGGING
BLEEDING TO DEATH
AS SUCH; Not Unlike

The Drive to Over-Turn Health
Care for 20 MiLLioN Citizens or So
When the Only 'Real Man' In Republican
Leadership Worthy of a Medal of Honor For Freedom,

JOHN McCain,

STOOD UP
WITH TRUE
MANHOOD AND
SAID NO, WE WILL
GO WITH LEAST HARM,
INSTEAD OF HARMING 20 MiLLioN
Or So Citizens; It's True, We Need More

Humane Humans in Republican Leadership;

And i For One Am Not Going to Waste Any of my

Energy Getting Angry, or Getting Filled With Hate as
(i Leave it at the Military Gym, As A Proficient Martial
Artist Who Still Leg Presses Up to 1520 Pounds, i Surely

Can't Afford to get Physical With Anyone And Risk Killing
THEM DEAD
WITH ONE

Kick; Besides
i'm Not Faster
Than A Speeding
Bullet; Live by
The Sword Die
By IT Indeed)

Ignorance

IS Simply
A Circus
Not Worth It;

Yet Changing What
We can in terms of Voting;

And yeah, Yeah, if Ya Are Truly
American One Would 'Think' At Least
Most Folks Would Find it Offensive that

Some Ignorant Dude Tried to Incite an effort to Overturn
Our Representative Democracy all the Way to Attempting
To Use Our Justice Department to Fulfill His Big Lie too...

It Didn't Work;

God Yes, Actually, Working
for the Federal Government for A
Quarter of a Century, Very closely,

With Folks Who Push Red Tape,

i Surely Understand, Some Folks
Still Play Strictly By Laws in Books...

Yep, Policy Wonks To The Rescue...

Far Beyond Just One Small Black
Book Written Frigging Thousands of Years Ago Covered With
Dust Still of Ignorance Same as it Was Thousands of Years Ago for Real...

Having Strong Opinions Against BuLL CR8P Is Not Hate; It's Just Having POWERFUL

Opinions

Against

BuLL CR8P,

That Is Most
Definitely Now
Indefensible in
Terms of Anything
Associated Yes With
Humane Humanity Now

AT LEAST;

FACT IS, SOME
FOLKS JUST DON'T
GIVE A CR8P, WHEN FOLKS
ARE HARMED BY IGNORANT HATEFUL DECISIONS That Harm Breathing Life;

YES THAT INDEED DESERVES A POWERFUL OPINION AGAINST IT, PERIOD, AND

THE FACT IS THERE IS NO REASON TO BE 'BUTTHURT' IF SOMEONE CAN TRULY SUPPORT THEIR POSITION.

This isn't an Echo Chamber, If You Have a More In-Depth Powerful And True Opinion That is Able to Stand Up

to LiGHT;

Bring it on,
With SMiLes;
It's What i Do at Least...

It's Really Nothing Personal,
Except BREATHING Human
Beings Freedoms Are At Stake;

None of it Affects me Personally
In This Lifetime Now; HOWEVER,
i am Much Bigger Than Just me (Love).

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:15 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
It could potentially devolve into hate though. And hate can also very well become violence if it is not checked.

I'm more worried about actual hate than some hypothetical, potential at some future date maybe if things keep getting worse hate.

That emotion has largely come from one direction and so far it hasn't been the left. And no, we can't all agree on that matter so long as many local and regional governments keep demonstrating that they're prone to denying people basic civil rights.

Well, why can't we just harm some people?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う