Page 4 of 44 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:49 am

DeepHour wrote:
He's delivering the most unbelievable spectacle in the recent political history of the UK.

This is quite tame compared to the EU deal debate / endless-voting-hell, though given Covid, I can understand it feeling like forever ago.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:25 am

He’s going today… just announced.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:33 am

he is reportedly trying to negotiate that he can stay on as caretaker PM until October :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:59 am

Mikah wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
He's delivering the most unbelievable spectacle in the recent political history of the UK.

This is quite tame compared to the EU deal debate / endless-voting-hell, though given Covid, I can understand it feeling like forever ago.

I don't know it it was tame or not in comparison to other debates but it was effing entertaining.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:00 am

Biscuitman wrote:
he is reportedly trying to negotiate that he can stay on as caretaker PM until October :lol:

Yeah just saw that. What's he waiting for. Does he not think that anyone else can fill that gap until then. Arrogant bastard

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:04 am

I think it'll be more difficult to replace Storm from the Jeremy Vine show when she goes on maternity leave.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:32 am

Just heard the news now. Even at the last I wasn't sure it would happen, much less in such emphatic fashion. 8O

I can't imagine why it would take 3 months to confirm Johnson's successor. It only took 2 months from the day Theresa May announced her intention to resign in 2019 until Johnson was formally declared Tory leader and PM, and that was quite a long, drawn out process. Theresa May did stay on as caretaker PM during that time, so I can at least see why Johnson would remain there for now, even if I'd personally prefer someone else (like the Deputy PM, for example).

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:02 am

Hugh Grant (the actor) buying Steve Bray some speakers and asking him to play the Benny Hill theme tune outside parliament

and the result is....
https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1544993157745721344

:lol: :lol: :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:11 am

:lol:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jul 2022, 6:40 am

:lol: Steve Bray deserves a medal.

Johnson... not so much. :x
How this mendacious, blustering clown, this tenth-rate Churchill impressionist, ever got to be PM is seriously worrying.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:43 am

Cornflake wrote:
:lol: Steve Bray deserves a medal.

Johnson... not so much. :x
How this mendacious, blustering clown, this tenth-rate Churchill impressionist, ever got to be PM is seriously worrying.

He's nothing more than a bad poet, completely self serving and chooses the path of least resistance just to crowd please.

The best thing he has done as pm was to resign.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jul 2022, 7:07 am

^ Yep, absolutely.

The worrying thing now is... have you seen the likely contenders as a replacement? :lol:
Jesus, what a bunch. (except perhaps Tom Tugendhat?)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:09 am

Cornflake wrote:
^ Yep, absolutely.

The worrying thing now is... have you seen the likely contenders as a replacement? :lol:

I don't think any main party here has good front benchers as potential leader replacements. (Replacements in their own party obviously)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:18 am

Cornflake wrote:
^ Yep, absolutely.

If he was nothing else he was a master at surrounding himself with incompetence.

Can you imagine Raab as pm?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:23 am

Nades wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
^ Yep, absolutely.

I don't think any main party here has good front benchers as potential leader replacements. (Replacements in their own party obviously)

You maybe right.

The country wants a pm who prioritises everyone's best interests and not just the section of society who they believe the votes are coming from.

Also it would be nice to stop comparing our politicians to the worst. The next one needs to compare themselves to the best and aim for better.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:55 am

Sadly nothing to get excited about.

The new PM will be just like the old one, in fact a new gov ( different party) will be just like this gov.

Any change will be superficial.

Modern western governments enact policies geared to short Termism or the life of one election cycle.

They’ll borrow to cut taxes increasing the debt and the national interest payments leading to less for public services.

We have had about 35 years of this and now we have reached the point where this cannot continue so it’s all down hill from here.

It would take a radical revolution to change things and that is not happening soon

So welcome the new boss same as the old boss :cry:

- George Bernie Shaw