Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:12 pm

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:45 am

The roots of American gun control is in the Jim Crow laws. Advocating for gun control is a dog whistle for racism and segregation in my book. Dead serious here.
Change my mind.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:15 pm

Raptor wrote:
The roots of American gun control is in the Jim Crow laws. Advocating for gun control is a dog whistle for racism and segregation in my book. Dead serious here.
Change my mind.

Actually one of the major reasons pre-colonial gun laws were permitted a century beyond the British wars was so that settlers could kill native Americans and people could shoot escaped slaves. It was convenient when armed posses could be formed quickly to chase outlaws, escaped slaves or to organise militia to attack black communities during Jim Crow.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:36 pm

Wow. 8-O
This is like **trying** to reason with another person here whom I used to run up a tree regularly.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:12 pm

Raptor wrote:
Wow. 8-O
This is like **trying** to reason with another person here whom I used to run up a tree regularly.

Who was that?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Wow. 8-O

Who was that?

Nnnnnaaahhh....I'd better not say. Might be considered "baiting".