Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 12:43 pm

For the whole ignoring the Congressional Subpoena thing ? :? He's been charged with Criminal Contempt and it's going to trial in about a week.

Kinda funny that him and trump tried to pull some crap for him to get out of this by trump writing him a permission slip to testify now. :lol: Too late; he already broke the law and has been charged. He's facing up to 2 years in jail; one year for each count.

IMO, he's a pretty awful human being and it'd be nice if he were silenced for a couple years so he couldn't spread hate via his manifesto style race war podcasts. I know he's not on trial for that.. but c'mon.. let's be real: Yes, he is. It's HIM that's on trial, not just Steve the guy that broke a particular law and has been charged for it.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2022, 6:27 pm

Why would they prosecute one of their own? Good for optics. Is Trump also one of their own? Good to divide people.

⁣⁣Isaac Kappy - Brackets n Jackets

Isaac Kappy was murdered by being thrown off a bridge. Clinton body count + 1.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 5:45 pm

One scenario: Convicted and sent to club fed where he authors a book titled "My Struggle". The book becomes a best seller in conservative circles, laying the foundation of a successful insurrection.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
One scenario: Convicted and sent to club fed where he authors a book titled "My Struggle". The book becomes a best seller in conservative circles, laying the foundation of a successful insurrection.

Why are you cheerleading for the end of US democracy? :?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:06 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Do you see any of these :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: with my post, or is it just assumed?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:13 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Do you see any of these :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: with my post, or is it just assumed?

So it's a prediction, but not what you desire to see happen? :?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

So it's a prediction, but not what you desire to see happen? :?

Oh, I'd LOVE to write a few (or a few dozen) paragraphs on what I desire to see happen but I'll pass for now. I'm trying to see if it's even possible to get through a solid week without getting a TOS and/or having my posts edited.
Wish me luck!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm

Hitler was in a cushy prison after the Beer Hall Putsch. He wrote a book there, Mein Kampf, which means "My Struggle" in German.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2022, 8:06 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Everything is a psy-op. It is the responsibility of everyone to try and figure out the hidden agenda.
Maybe Bannon is just an honest grifter trying to sell t-shirts.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hitler was in a cushy prison after the Beer Hall Putsch. He wrote a book there, Mein Kampf, which means "My Struggle" in German.

That prison sentence, proof of not being part of the establishment, vote for me scam is getting so old. If it's not prison it's some other public injustice and coordinated media storm.

Julian Assange? Bet you need an appointment to visit him so they can bring him back for the day.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 10:30 am

I must have listened to a dozen different newsclips on fb watch yesterday with various hosts/lawyers/interviewees commenting on bannon's legal troubles... and the unanimous consensus seems to be: he broke the law by ignoring the subpoenas and is highly likely to serve jail time for it.

Makes sense to me.. you can't really have a functioning legal system with checks and balances if the laws aren't enforceable against people who break them. Flippantly ignoring Congress' subpoena power wasn't a very smart move on bannon's part.. he f'd around and now he's going to find out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 2:16 pm

Seems to be, yes, yes he is.. for at least 30 days. Guilty as charged on both counts:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jury-rea ... da23ffb404

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 2:22 pm

HERE  is the Associated Press (AP) version of the same story.

Bannon, 68, was convicted after a four-day trial in federal court in Washington on two counts: one for refusing to appear for a deposition and the other for refusing to provide documents in response to the committee’s subpoena.  The jury of 8 men and 4 women deliberated just under three hours.

He faces up to two years in federal prison when he’s sentenced on October 21.  Each count carries a minimum sentence of 30 days in jail.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 9:51 pm

flamingshorts wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That prison sentence, proof of not being part of the establishment, vote for me scam is getting so old. If it's not prison it's some other public injustice and coordinated media storm.

Julian Assange? Bet you need an appointment to visit him so they can bring him back for the day.

What do mean by that? The UN Rapporteur on Torture and inhumane punishment recently wrote a book on Assange, because in his view Assange was imprisoned without good reason, and is now being subjected to treatment that, if it happened in other countries, would be called torture.

Also: have you seen the stuff Assange published? If not, take the time to watch it.
If you can stomach video footage of Americans shooting children and joking about them being "fun sized terrorists" while doing so.
When the next 9/11 happens, really only Americans will be surprised by the anger towards them.