Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

samhein
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2007, 5:46 pm

They say the best things in life are free, but wealth is the opiate of the masses. In a world blinded by consumerism, nothing is free, not even you. Comfortably, you sit back enjoying the treasures wealth brings you, but who are you fooling?
With pride you consume all there is to consume, gorging in your desires on material possession, expensive fashion, as a symbol of pride to gain status within the eyes of your peers, your friends.... Are they your friends? Does your pride not depend on them? Are you afraid of being alone?
Deep inside this mold of alienation, you sell yourself like a street whore. All the while feeding the machine that works to enslave you. Yet your ego refuses to let you see what your doing to yourself, much less to others, sometimes even those close to you. And this is how the machine has molded you.
Sleep it off, ignore me, but know that I am truth embodied. Knowledge is the key to salvation and freedom. I have unlocked the door, and in so doing I have broken the chains that once bound me, as they now bound you. And I have left you the choice that has been there all along. I've made my choice to be free, to free my mind, and leave the chains behind.

quote to raven,
nevermore

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 6:10 pm

samhein wrote:
They say the best things in life are free, but wealth is the opiate of the masses. I

They do? Who are they?
I've never heard that last
part.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2007, 3:50 am

The ego is but an illusion. A "me-fabraction"*, which disappears at the moment of illumination. To get there, you have to consume. So am I blind (opiated?) when I consume? Yes I was and yes I am and yes I will be. But then the real path can't be named. Can it? 8O I don't recall paying a cent for it. Dempf: “The rest is silence; after the last judgment, the silence.” I'm just not ready to shut up yet, but that isn't what he means either.

*Freud

Who'd you say you were? roflmao But this is fun stuff. I dunno if I'd have called this heading materialism and then have reached your last paragraph in it's context. Comment?