New Age spirituality has become a cesspool of garbage

Page 2 of 18 [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 12:12 am

Everything has become a cesspool of garbage. Real cesspools are clean compared to how toxic human groups have become.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 12:33 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Everything has become a cesspool of garbage. Real cesspools are clean compared to how toxic human groups have become.

Especially on the internet where people don't have to fake being civil due to anonymity. :|

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 1:08 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
I don't see why it would be hard to practice yoga without letting any potential disapprovers know. Notwithstanding your experience over Lilith, even if you were open about yoga I wouldn't think there'd be hordes criticising you for it. If you happen to get criticised by one person, what are they going to do about it?

Me, I'd be slightly wary of wearing a t-shirt saying "I do yoga" on it, but I hardly know anybody these days who would think any worse of me for knowing that fact. And I'd be more worried about divulging the fact that I frequently let my practising slide, though even there I'd not be too bothered. Back in the day there were probably a few who would have seen yoga as mumbo-jumbo, but surely not any more? Maybe the odd fundamentalist religionist, but my atheism would probably upset them more.

I guess for every activity or inactivity there's a disapprover somewhere, but if I worried about that I'd never do anything without shrouding it in secrecy.

Thart's a good point. Maybe if I were to stick with things like tarot cards and pagan deities i should practice it all in secrecy. My beliefs should not be anyone's business but my own.

If some witches have issues with me wanting to work with deities that aren't limited to my own personal ancestry all I gotta say is tough s**t to all the 'woke karens' out there in the neopagan and wiccan communities.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 1:59 am

better to ignore them so they have nothing to respond to

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 6:23 am

So you think of Christianity as something co-opted by Trump. That's kind of like not liking American Football cos one of the players was a mean person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 7:13 am

Just stop taking the Internet seriously…..do your own thing!

People frequently personally attack just for the hell of it.

“Cultural Appropriation” is what people do naturally. Unless they’re in an isolated tribe in a jungle.

Most people really don’t give a crap….unless it relates to their family or close friends.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 8:01 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Especially on the internet where people don't have to fake being civil due to anonymity. :|

Yes...Humans are devolving IMO. We need to rediscover community and co-operation again, or the end is nigh.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 8:32 am

klanka wrote:
So you think of Christianity as something co-opted by Trump. That's kind of like not liking American Football cos one of the players was a mean person.

Oh my dislike and distrust for Christianity goes much deeper than Donald Trump, believe me.

But lately this religion is full of cult-like fanatics who think a cruel immoral scummy bastard was chosen by 'God'. Chosen for what exactly?

I believe that the majority of American Christians sold their souls to a con artist and a dictator wannabe. They'll never get any respect from me. Sorry but not sorry.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 8:58 am

I don't think science, religion or any of the other systems can ever give us all the answers. There are lots of things that cannot be explained by anything e.g. the simplest of all, Love.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 9:04 am

KitLily wrote:
I don't think science, religion or any of the other systems can ever give us all the answers. There are lots of things that cannot be explained by anything e.g. the simplest of all, Love.

I agree, and honestly science is not perfect either. It has brought us some truly terrible inventions like the atom bomb and plastic.

But at the same time it has brought the world plenty of good no doubt. Like medical technology.

I feel that religion/spirituality is kinda the same way. Whether these "gods" or the afterlife are real or not, it brings people who need it peace of mind.

It's not all bad I guess. Right?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 9:08 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I agree, and honestly science is not perfect either. It has brought us some truly terrible inventions like the atom bomb and plastic.

But at the same time it has brought the world plenty of good no doubt. Like medical technology.

I feel that religion/spirituality is kinda the same way. Whether these "gods" or the afterlife are real or not, it brings people who need it peace of mind.

It's not all bad I guess. Right?

I just think it's a good idea not to go to extremes in any system. Observe and make your own mind up. There are a lot of crazy religious nuts. And some people get very upset if we don't worship science, or maths. Others are obsessed with fame, or money, or beauty/image, or politics...you name it.

Moderation in all things is better. But I suppose then you don't get peace of mind...

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 9:49 am

I agree that moderation is the key, but sadly it feels like most humans aren't capable of moderation because we are selfish creatures. Even when it comes to religion (and in some cases atheism) you get people who wish to force their beliefs on all those around them.

That's probably how society births a Donald Trump once in awhile.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 4:13 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I agree that moderation is the key, but sadly it feels like most humans aren't capable of moderation because we are selfish creatures. Even when it comes to religion (and in some cases atheism) you get people who wish to force their beliefs on all those around them.

That's probably how society births a Donald Trump once in awhile.

Yes and I think humans are getting worse. Until recent history, humans HAD to work together and co-operate, or we died. Now days we can all go along our own separate tracks, we don't have to interact with anyone in real life if we don't want to. And we can click a button and get exactly what we need delivered the next day. We don't need to interact with people and go to Mr. Jones the baker, or Mrs. Smith the clothes maker, to get our items. Machines will send them to us.

So we are getting more and more selfish.

I know I've said all this before, sorry.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:07 am

Humans ARE getting more selfish.

Perhaps because they have too much free time?

I’m probably selfish for that very reason.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Humans ARE getting more selfish.

Perhaps because they have too much free time?

I’m probably selfish for that very reason.

You are right. We have so much leisure time now, and people didn't in the past. They worked together nearly all day to make a practical product. Surely that's better for our characters and attitudes.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:45 am

I've always heard that in my country during the Great Depression even with all the racism and segregation brought on by the Jim Crow laws Americans were a lot less selfish and mean-spiriterld than they are today. Relatives, neighbors, and communities came together to help each other out when there was pretty much no money available for anyone. They traded food that they grew themselves, opened their doors for people needing a place to sleep, gave rides, would fix each other's property up, etc.

Americans had a sense of community back then that has effectively been destroyed in recent times. We don't trust each other anymore and that is one of the things that is going to cause us to eventually collapse.